hammerdown
02-07-2011, 09:39 PM
At lipsey's.com

mr surveyor
02-07-2011, 09:42 PM
aaammmmmmmm a lookin:D

Bawanna
02-07-2011, 09:46 PM
Wow good sign, out much earlier than they said. 565.00, not bad.

mr surveyor
02-07-2011, 09:48 PM
aaarrrhhhh.... I looked!

$565 is pretty darned close to what a bit of shoping can find a PM9.

I'll have to wait for the hundred dollar drop.

Mits3kgt88
02-07-2011, 09:52 PM
The $565 price tag is MSRP though...it's probably going to be around $100 less at your LGS.

apheod
02-07-2011, 10:41 PM
comes with just one mag?

c'mon.

MikeyKahr
02-07-2011, 11:20 PM
April done came early this year. I'm lookin' outside and it still looks like January around here. Perhaps a pre-order, right? They can't have them in stock yet.

jackblack73
02-07-2011, 11:24 PM
I bought my PM9 for $550.

DBP9
02-08-2011, 07:22 AM
2 weeks ago when I was deciding between the PM9 and P9 at Lou's in Hialeah, I was quoted $589 for a brand new PM9... Isn't this supposed to be the budget version of PM9 the way CW9 is to P9?

jocko
02-08-2011, 09:29 AM
the cm9 will be much much lower than MSRP. until it gets in the dealers ands we won't know how low low is either. I still will say there will be at leat $150 difference in the PM9 and cm9 when all is said and done.

mr surveyor
02-08-2011, 04:38 PM
I guess I misunderstood the original post. I thought Lipsey's already HAD the CM9 available for sale, and that they were asking msrp to begin with. I suppose they are still a couple of months (or more) from delivering.

Bawanna
02-08-2011, 04:48 PM
I guess I misunderstood the original post. I thought Lipsey's already HAD the CM9 available for sale, and that they were asking msrp to begin with. I suppose they are still a couple of months (or more) from delivering.

The way I read it, they had them, said in stock. I think LIpsey's is like Davidson's out in our neck of the woods. Alot of small shops are Davidson dealers. They use Davidsons for a warehouse inventory type deal.
So the price you see on Davidsons and I assume Lipsey's is probably MSSRP. The dealer close to you sets the actual sell price.

Just a guess.

jackblack73
02-08-2011, 06:56 PM

Yeah, I think the thread title is incorrect. The CM9 is listed on that website, but I don't think it's available for sale yet. I'm sure when it is it will be for less than MSRP.

srankin
02-08-2011, 08:10 PM
lipseys lists the basic pm9 for 786.00, the cw9 for 549.00 and the cm9 for 565.00, all are msrp..not what you'd pay at the store. for instance cw9 goes for around 420.00 at my local gun store. i hope there will be a similar reduction for the cm9 but i expect demand for it to be much higher too soooo you know how supply and demand works.

mr surveyor
02-08-2011, 10:24 PM
Gee, I would think that since we are all ambassadors for Kahr handguns here that Bawanna could pull some strings and get us set us up for some factory discounts. Gotta get the product out in the public eye to generate a real market.

wyntrout
02-08-2011, 10:41 PM
Hey! if you really want one, they'll be for sale on GunBroker and other auction sites. I'm sure a lot of the first batch will be resold at a premium to impatient guys with money to burn<<O'Dell>>

Wynn:D

jackblack73
02-08-2011, 10:55 PM
The impatient guys should just buy a PM9. ;)

Popeye
02-09-2011, 09:59 AM
I paid $565 exactly out the door for a very slightly used PM9 with night sites. With the indroduction of new small 9mm pistols comming on the market like the Kimber Solo I'm sure you'll find some very good prices on used PM9's.
CM9 to me just looks like a cheaper version of the PM9 which should make it a nice carry pistol. I probably would be interested in the CM9 if I didn't already own a PM9.

xRUSTYx
02-09-2011, 10:18 AM
what are the differences between the CM9 & the PM9?

Bawanna
02-09-2011, 10:25 AM
Gee, I would think that since we are all ambassadors for Kahr handguns here that Bawanna could pull some strings and get us set us up for some factory discounts. Gotta get the product out in the public eye to generate a real market.

I don't got any strings to pull but I know somebody that does and we're working on it.

We'll keep ya posted. Your right you guys all deserve presales or discounts or some sort of extra.

Bawanna
02-09-2011, 10:28 AM
what are the differences between the CM9 & the PM9?

The CM9 is like the CW to the P series. Staked front sight, not as refined, basically same size as the PM. Probably a conventional rifled barrel.
Should be a good value for those unwilling to part with the money for a PM.
IMO like the CW's you loose very little and some prefer the look of the CW over the PM anyhow.

xRUSTYx
02-09-2011, 10:41 AM
thanks bawanna ... trying to decide what I am going to do ...

wife likes the pink 380's .... and I want whatever firearm I have to match her so we have same ammo & mags for our CC's ...

hmmmm ....

O'Dell
02-09-2011, 11:00 AM
Hey! if you really want one, they'll be for sale on GunBroker and other auction sites. I'm sure a lot of the first batch will be resold at a premium to impatient guys with money to burn<<O'Dell>>

Huh!!!

mr surveyor
02-09-2011, 12:19 PM
Huh!!!

often when new guns (or other products) hit the market in very limited numbers there will be a number of folks too impatient to wait for the full production run. Rather than wait a few weeks, or possibly months for the retailers to set the OTD price there are those that will pay dang near any price to be "one of the first to own". You often see early released products listed on websites at really jacked up prices... because there's usually a sucker out there willing to pay whatever it takes to be "one of the first to own".

surv

Bawanna
02-09-2011, 12:26 PM
You rang?

Colt41
02-09-2011, 12:51 PM
If these can be found around the mid-low 4's I think they'll be a huge hit. It places Kahr in a position where they can both compete with the features of the new higher priced entries to hit the market while also having something available to appeal to the more budget minded (err, restricted) consumer.

Nosferatu2
02-09-2011, 06:25 PM
Hope that's a fact jack!

wyntrout
02-09-2011, 06:32 PM
Hey! I didn't say O'Dell was a sucker. I just joked about him being impatient and having money to throw away... being a "movie star" and all... insurance money. Sorry, buddy, just yankin' your chain.

O'Dell
02-10-2011, 10:03 AM
often when new guns (or other products) hit the market in very limited numbers there will be a number of folks too impatient to wait for the full production run. Rather than wait a few weeks, or possibly months for the retailers to set the OTD price there are those that will pay dang near any price to be "one of the first to own". You often see early released products listed on websites at really jacked up prices... because there's usually a sucker out there willing to pay whatever it takes to be "one of the first to own".

surv

I was referring to the "money to burn" <<O'Dell>>

O'Dell
02-10-2011, 10:28 AM
Hey! I didn't say O'Dell was a sucker. I just joked about him being impatient and having money to throw away... being a "movie star" and all... insurance money. Sorry, buddy, just yankin' your chain.

Me, impatient??? Other than the LCP which was a gift, I don't think any of my pistols were introduced within the last five or six years. The 3rd gen S&W 4043 which I just bought, has been out of production for years. I just like the 3rd gen all metal S&W semi's.

BTW, I have been working on my taxes this morning, and I have the W-2 from Universal Studios in front of me. My 'movie star' salary for 8 hours regular time and 2 1/2 hours overtime after taxes was exactly $119.36. I could have made that in an hour at my day job. Sometime I wonder how those Hollywood types build those Malibu homes on $119 a day.;)

Bawanna
02-10-2011, 10:37 AM
Me, impatient??? Other than the LCP which was a gift, I don't think any of my pistols were introduced within the last five or six years. The 3rd gen S&W 4043 which I just bought, has been out of production for years. I just like the 3rd gen all metal S&W semi's.

BTW, I have been working on my taxes this morning, and I have the W-2 from Universal Studios in front of me. My 'movie star' salary for 8 hours regular time and 2 1/2 hours overtime after taxes was exactly $119.36. I could have made that in an hour at my day job. Sometime I wonder how those Hollywood types build those Malibu homes on $119 a day.;)

Dang, thats pretty good. About 5x what I usually make assembling fishing lures and whittling grips. I do love my side jobs though. It's my day job that's starting to suck.
I don't think I have your movie star qualities though, guess I'm not cut out for acting. Although I could probably be Jennifers personal assistant or body guard or something. Less salary of course but the view would be nice.

wyntrout
02-10-2011, 01:39 PM

Hey! They have agents who get a cut, so they have an incentive to get million dollar salaries to share. You just need a good agent... a REALLY good one.

xmanridesred
02-13-2011, 12:42 AM
until a couple of days ago my local gun shop was showing $400 when it became avaliable. now it has been changed back to the msrp...i wonder why?:confused:

frank_drebin
02-14-2011, 12:22 PM
I wonder if all of the new PM9's will have the newer slanted-muzzle. Mine is the original style.

jocko
02-14-2011, 01:13 PM
yes they will and IMO u got the best style to..

frank_drebin
02-14-2011, 06:33 PM
I kind of like the new slanted look. It seems like it would be easier to holster. I like the older look though.

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc81/jbabbler/utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTEwMjE0LTAwNDQyLmpwZw-1.jpg

Colt41
02-14-2011, 06:46 PM
I was a bit on the fence about the new style before ordering my new PM9, but after seeing the bevel work up close with the gun in hand I'm thoroughly sold on it. I do like the older style as well, though.

mr surveyor
02-14-2011, 07:45 PM
on the technical side, and maybe not even an issue, but when they melted muzzle end of the slide, did they add the weight back to it somehwere else? Just guessing, but as small as these things are, and as precisely designed as they have to be to meet the power/weight ratio for proper function, it would seem to me that any change in the slide weight could potentially change the reliability. With 9mm and up, it may not be near the issue it is with the lower calibers (.22, .25, .32acp, .380acp).

Just thinking with my fingers (as opposed to thinking out loud...no one would have heard me)

surv

jackblack73
02-14-2011, 10:26 PM
on the technical side, and maybe not even an issue, but when they melted muzzle end of the slide, did they add the weight back to it somehwere else? Just guessing, but as small as these things are, and as precisely designed as they have to be to meet the power/weight ratio for proper function, it would seem to me that any change in the slide weight could potentially change the reliability. With 9mm and up, it may not be near the issue it is with the lower calibers (.22, .25, .32acp, .380acp).

Just thinking with my fingers (as opposed to thinking out loud...no one would have heard me)

surv

The new style slide is slightly longer. Don't know if that was done to add weight or what.

jocko
02-15-2011, 04:18 AM
why add weight to a sub compace ultra light gun. 1.2 ounces is certainly no weight addition IMO. It looks nice if that is what floats ones boat and certainly your not going to have a choice of the old style anymore, so we must accept it as PROGRESS.????

I guess I am just old school, Not like the pM was not selling like hotcakes anyhow so I still question the CHANGE..

mr surveyor
02-15-2011, 08:25 AM
Jocko...the weight question was brought up as a technical question. Does removing mass (weight) from the slide effect proper operation in such a close tolerance (due to size) handgun. And, if so, did Kahr just appear to remove material from the muzzle end of the slide but return it to another inconspicuos location? Maybe the weight/balance thing isn't an issue with the PM9, but I have read that it is definately an issue with the smaller guns in general.

frank_drebin
02-15-2011, 09:53 AM
Does anyone have a shot of both from the underside of the slide? I'm betting there is more metal on the ID of the newer slide muzzle.

Bawanna
02-15-2011, 10:03 AM
I gotta believe it's just a cosmetic change and perhaps to aid a bit in holstering. I'm sure the weight issue is very very close and they obviously did the math to make sure it would continue to work and function as well as the old model.

I know every year when Chevy brings out their new pickups I think they've ruined them. Time goes by and they kind of grow on ya till you like em pretty well. A new year comes along and they ruin them again and the cycle repeats itself.

The bevel does make them look slightly less glockish which to me is a good thing. I won't be trading off my old style PM for the new one but if I ever get a new one as a mate, I'll probably be ok with that too.

Colt41
02-15-2011, 10:07 AM
Jocko...the weight question was brought up as a technical question. Does removing mass (weight) from the slide effect proper operation in such a close tolerance (due to size) handgun. And, if so, did Kahr just appear to remove material from the muzzle end of the slide but return it to another inconspicuos location? Maybe the weight/balance thing isn't an issue with the PM9, but I have read that it is definately an issue with the smaller guns in general.

Surveyor,

The new slide is actually cut longer before being beveled on the ends so the slide is actually slightly longer and heavier than the previous slide by 1oz.

As far as how it effects operation, I'm sure significant changes in slide weight would effect proper function, however Kahr representatives had stated this change is mostly cosmetic and that it does not effect function. A couple benefits for the beveled design could be improved holstering and a slightly longer sight radius, but I don't think either of those were really an issue with the previous design.

jocko
02-15-2011, 10:23 AM

well over a 100K of the PM kahrs out there with the old style slide. For me I ain't buying the new slide as a issue solver for better reliabilty over the older version which IMO was never an issue anyhow.

When I inquired with my inside source at kahr who was in higher management as to why they did the new style, his answer was: BECAUSE THE BOSS WANTED IT..

I have not seen the new slides to review what your question was about did they relocate weight somewhere else. IMO I would say defninitely not, as in essence they actually added 1.2 ounces to the new style slide, so why would they have to relocate any weight. They added weight. The old style kahr slides were certainly not on the lightweight side, kahr saved a ton of their weight in the lower section where as other mfg-ers could not. Lay a kahr slide on a scale next to a glock slide of same size and ur gonna see they are very similar in weight.

I think it was a cosmetic thing for what ever reason of good they might feel it was, I'm cool with it, but I am so so glad I have the old style 1.2 ounce lighter kahr. had they maintained the same weight I might be singing a different tune. I bought my PM9 for its small size and ultra light weight, as my intentions was always to pocket carry it. If one is going to waist band carry his PM9 or 40 than that extra length and weight is certainly a no brainer either.

I guess I don't see the extra beauty in what they did either. My Glock and Smith M & P has the blunted non tapered end . Who knows this might be the new fad and kahr can say heh we did it first..:israel:

Colt41
02-15-2011, 10:30 AM
The bevel does make them look slightly less glockish which to me is a good thing. I won't be trading off my old style PM for the new one but if I ever get a new one as a mate, I'll probably be ok with that too.

I also think it makes them look less Glockish when comparing them to their Standard and Compact lines, but the Glock Subcompact line models all feature extended beveling on the slides. That similarity is actually on of the first things I noticed when holding my PM9 and G29 side by side.

I don't think there is a "better" in this regard, it just comes down to preference and there are still plenty of the older style to be found. I actually would have preferred not to have the additional ounce for bragging rights, but in practice I'll most likely never be able to distinguish the difference in weight and couldn't pass up the good deal I found on the new design. As long as it maintains the reliability (post break in) and quality Kahrs are known for then, as CCW, I'm a happy camper.

jocko
02-15-2011, 10:30 AM
colt 41, I totally agree with ur comments. Longer site radius by what ?? Maybe .020" that just would not have been their criteria . Ihave to go with the cosmetic thing, which as most new owers will psot to , THAT THEY LIKE IT, so kudos to akhr.

Gotta understand, I am still very fond of the 1957 chevry belair, if that gives u any hindsight to some of my logic. I am still a tradition bowhutner . and I still wet my pants when I see a 1941 harley cruising down the road.
also think it makes them look less Glockish when comparing them to their Standard and Compact lines, but the Glock Subcompact lines all feature extended beveling on the slides. That similarity is actually on of the first things I noticed when holding my PM9 and G29 side by side Your partially right there colt 41, but if you notice they did not extend the slides on those compact models to accomplsih this slight belevlign that the glocks Have. Certainly not the beveling that kahr is doing.
quote:

Bawanna
02-15-2011, 10:41 AM
"I am still very fond of the 1957 chevry belair"

Probably my hands down favorite car ever.

Colt41
02-15-2011, 10:55 AM
Your partially right there colt 41, but if you notice they did not extend the slides on those compact models to accomplsih this slight belevlign that the glocks Have. Certainly not the beveling that kahr is doing.
quote:

That's a good point as the Kahr slide does extend out past the frame. Perhaps Kahr went in this direction to give it more of a unique look in anticipation of the oncoming crowd (Sig, Kimber, etc.)? (Edit: I see the Kimber Solo also features the same extended slide design but without the beveling.)

Personally, I'm not sure I would have made the change at the expense of weight, production change, and parts supply issues (e.g, shipping wrong spring sizes to customers with older style) but now that its here and I have one in hand I do appreciate the look and am happy to have one.

I am baffled, though, as to why they haven't updated their website with information and pictures of the new design or even addressed the changes in the new CM9 verbiage. The specs for the CM9 read the same as the older style PM9 despite it clearly mirroring the new style PM9.

jocko
02-15-2011, 11:08 AM
buyer beware!! on the webb site.