PDA

View Full Version : Crimson Trace Grips

RONDO
02-08-2011, 05:07 PM
I'm a huge Kahr fan and am lookin' to buy a MK9 or MK40. :D When and if I do, it'll be with the intention of adding the Crimson Trace Laser Grips. Question: Does anyone have any relevant experience with CTL grips? What do ya think of 'em? :confused:

ripley16
02-08-2011, 05:15 PM
I have a set on a K9. It is a very comfortable grip, similar in many ways to the standard grips. Setting the laser to point of aim takes some patience, but once set it holds well. I have no complaints. It is a very unobtrusive means of using a laser. The fit to the K9 was perfect... very well made, high quality product.

RONDO
02-08-2011, 05:29 PM
Thx for the quick reply! :) Glad to hear ya like 'em, ... I've only seen em in the CTL book, .. I think they look sharp.:cool:
I have the trigger guard mounted CTL on the P380, but don't really dig the obtrusive look. :( The grip mounts look cool though, so Im glad ta hear that your pleased with them.;)

mad1ben2
02-08-2011, 05:43 PM
I don't have personal experience with these on a Kahr, but I've had 2 different ones on 3" 1911s. They are fantastic and work very well, but they do not work for me.

I'm a righty but carry in a left handed holster in the small of my back... this puts the laser that sticks out on the right side of the gun up against my back and not only is it uncomfortable, but it impacts the gun laying flat against my back - which makes it stick out more. On my 1911s I only use single-sided safeties for this reason...

I've found I love the trigger grip CTLs though... I had those on a keltec PF9 and an LCP before trading both those guns to add to my kahr collection!

Bottom line is that if you like lasers and it doesn't cause any issues with your normal carry habits, go for it! You won't be let down.

Thx, Scott

RONDO
02-08-2011, 06:23 PM
Thx for the info.:) Any idea how much the CTL grips cost $$:confused:

hussky
02-13-2011, 06:11 AM
Go to there site i think they have the price for each different guns grip.

.45fan
02-15-2011, 02:05 PM
I have it for a PM9, I payed $150.00 from a local dealer last month for the LG-437. There are very few holsters for the PM9 with the CT laser guard installed. I would suggest you consider that before you spend the money.

ripley16
02-15-2011, 02:09 PM
I have it for a PM9, I payed $150.00 from a local dealer last month for the LG-437. There are very few holsters for the PM9 with the CT laser guard installed. I would suggest you consider that before you spend the money.

This is true, but the all steel Kahrs do not require a different holster, as do the polymer Kahrs.

.45fan
02-15-2011, 02:35 PM
This is true, but the all steel Kahrs do not require a different holster, as do the polymer Kahrs.

Oh, I thought the MK used the same CT and holsters as the PM :blushing: .
I learned something new this afternoon. Thanks

earle8888
02-16-2011, 11:37 AM
mad1ben2--Have u considered getting the proper SOB holster?? They are different than left handers SO that you don't cross your body with the muzzle when drawing, FOR SAFETY

onegun
03-17-2011, 09:15 PM
Go to there site i think they have the price for each different guns grip.

I've never had them on a Kahr but had on several other handguns. They are a good option for self defense as long as you do not totally rely on them. They really help practicing trigger control during dry firing. I used to shoot mine with the laser turned off at the range and then turn it on for a couple of magazines full up close before I left. Overall, the best site I have found to purchase them is Manventure Outpost. Very good, quick service and they normally have one of the best prices. They are currently selling the one for the MK9 at about $206 (vs $299 if you buy from CT or Kahr.)

photoman12001
03-20-2011, 06:01 PM
I just put a set on mine in December 2010. I got a good deal on them in a Gunbroker auction. They were about $180 new. I think they feel much better than the factory hard plastic grips.

The ones I got were defective but CT promptly replaced them with a brand new set under warranty. The original laser would become dim or go out completely while firing, even dry firing. I would have to poke into the mag well the push the battery covers down to get it working again. I've had no issues with the replacement grips though.

Just remember to practice with and without the laser and you'll be set. Oh and if you have other guns, be prepared to want CTs on those too. This is my first set of CTs and I really want them on my 1911 now. And my J-frame. And my MKIII. And......

Eye candy:
http://api.photoshop.com/v1.0/accounts/a8d156497d964fb2ae2aae25580fe4d5/assets/c0b0d9452524452bbf3f8149b571ca3d/renditions/1024.jpg?md=1300393272000

You can see other photos on my Kahr and other guns here (http://www.photoshop.com/users/photoman12001/albums/beab67592dd64153bbf497c3d339b558).

txmikenlisa1
04-12-2011, 09:59 PM
Dont know if you got your grips yet. But you need to make sure that if you are buying these for an MK9, you make sure your gun is not from the "GA" serial number series. I dont know if there is an issue with certain MK40 fits. The CTC grips will not fit this series of MK9 guns. It is an issue known to CTC, but they dont mention it on their site or when you buy. Im not sure why they dont.

I had a "GA" MK9 and found this out the hard way after buying the grip. But when I called to describe and ask about the problem the customer service lady already knew I had a "GA" serial MK9. The good news was the CTC has awesome customer service and they swapped the MK grips for grips for another of my handguns with no additional charge, even though there was a $60 difference between the two grips. They even covered shipping on everything.

just a heads up to save you guys some headache.

wyntrout
04-13-2011, 04:42 PM
When the $50 rebate was announced, I finally ordered LGs for my K9, vintage 'late '97. My K9 is not one of the prefixes not covered, so I'm looking forward to the upgrade. I ordered on the 4th from The Gun Source and just got notified they had been shipped yesterday the 12th... which seems a bit slow, but I also ordered a Galco IWB holster with retention strap as well. I thought the stuff was in stock and should have shipped a bit more quickly.
I wouldn't mind getting a set for my 4" SA Champion A-1, but am unsure if any fit my pistol specifically.

I can't wait to test the LG's at the range and see if I can do any better with the laser.

Wynn:)

Jetpilot
04-18-2011, 07:38 AM
For those wanting a set of Crimson Trace Lasergrips best price I have found is at: http://trophysoutdoors.com/manufacturer/10677 I snagged a set for for my MK9 for $200 + I get another $50 off with the rebate!

jlottmc
04-18-2011, 09:19 AM
Wynn that Springfield should be MILSPEC, at least on the bottom end. Slide and guide rod should be industry standard for bushingless top ends as well.