PDA

View Full Version : The new 1911 arrived

yqtszhj
02-08-2011, 07:41 PM
My first long awaited 1911 arrived at my LGS today. Went by and picked it up, cleaned all the factory grease from it, and lubed it up really well for it for it's first trip to the range. Will post a range report for those interested possibly after the weekend.

Some notes on the percieved quality out of the box:
No rattles, all fitting seems good slide to frame, smooth slide operation after cleaning, trigger is crisp and reset is short. This thing is tight. I can't wait to take this thing out and shoot it.:59:

Pre clean, Field Stripped, and after cleaning.

jlottmc
02-08-2011, 08:21 PM
Nice work, shoot it a bunch, and fall deeper in love. Again, nice work.

eastenn
02-08-2011, 09:45 PM
Nice looking gun. I had a tactical model for about a month and it performed great. I could shoot it pretty well but a 1911 just doesn't seem to fit my hand right, just the ergonomics weren't right for me so I sold it. Hopefully you have a solid performer as well.

xRUSTYx
02-08-2011, 09:54 PM
VERY nice .... Makes me miss my 1911 :(

kyletx1911
02-09-2011, 03:15 AM
well done grasshopper very nice i have 3 one 4in 2 full size 1 used and just got 1 in nickel
breaking in the nickel. GET GOOD MAGS AND ROCKS LIKE TO RUN WET for the break in
shoot enjoy repeat GRATS

yqtszhj
02-12-2011, 05:33 PM
Range Report:

Got out to the range today. Carried 150 rounds, 100 rounds of WWB and some federal. All went well. Shot all 100 of the WWB with ZERO problems. I didn't get to the Federal box today. All primer strikes were dead center and deep. No issue there.

Everything fed, fired, and ejected as it should. Shooting 5 rounds from a bench at 10 yards put all 5 in a 1 inch group. 3 of them made a cloverleaf. It was about 1 inch low but I think that was the shooter, not the gun.

Standing and shooting got results just as good. I actually shoot better (closer to center of target) free hand.:der: Go figure. 3 inch group at 10 yards. Then we went to clay piegons at 25 yards and that was not a problem either.

First impression is anyone looking for an economical 1911 should be pleased with a RIA GI model. Thanks to all for the previous input prior to my purchase. :D

MikeyKahr
02-13-2011, 06:37 PM
Congrats and good news, yqtszhj. Glad to hear everything went so well for you with the new and first 1911. One of these days I may be joining the ranks.

Rotorflyr
02-13-2011, 08:56 PM
I picked one up at a GS a few years back, foolish me, didn't check the case and after getting it home, found I only had one mag. Company sent me a second free of charge with a few extra goodies thrown in.

Had a couple of minor issues with it that were taken care of by using better quality mags and other then that only thing I've done to it is replace the recoil spring with a Wolff spring.

RIA's are some of the most Under Rated 1911's out there.