PDA

View Full Version : ProMag Kahr 03 (8RD)...Son of a XXXXX!!!

DBP9
02-10-2011, 08:48 AM
Just a quick head up to others out there. I was trying to save a few bucks, and bought 4 of these online from a ProMag reseller. Heads up...They do not drop free, they seem to be hanging up on something when inserted, and the followers look nothing like the ones on our beloved Kahr Mags. Needless to say I will be returning these, and shelling out the extra $10 each for some real Kahr K920's. I knew I should have just sucked it up, and bought Kahr's in the 1st place. Oh well...

Bawanna
02-10-2011, 09:31 AM
Occasionally we have to select a member of our flock to go forth and try questionable things. Apparently you were our man this week.
Thanks for confirming what many of us here have believed all along. Stick with the real stuff for best results.

If MecGar or some of the others ever make mags we'll have to select another to go forth and check it out. Probably me but maybe since I went last time and you went this time, perhaps somebody else could go next time.

garyb
02-10-2011, 09:48 AM
Sorry Bawanna...it won't be me volunteering for that little experiment. But I'll stay tuned to see how it turns out.
I purchased extra "Kahr" mags for my PM and have had excellent luck with them. Thank goodness.
It's frustrating to have to return stuff like that.
Hope you get it sorted out DBP9.

jocko
02-10-2011, 09:49 AM
not sure even who makes kahrs mags.. Stick with factory stuff, their's usually works the best,

ripley16
02-10-2011, 01:27 PM
I've got one of my mystery mags, (I think it's a ProMag), loaded with eight rounds to see if it can stand being loaded for extended periods. So far the 10 of these that came with my P9 have all functioned just fine. I've got mixed feelings on them because I hear so much bad, but so far my experience has been positive.

I've never been concerned about the mag dropping free though, as I don't carry a spare.

jocko
02-10-2011, 02:05 PM
WOW 10 MAGS, lots of back ups that is for sure. Not sure who makes pro mags springs either. I just have my doubts if they make the springs. That is a specialized business.

I have always went back to the maker of the guns for their magazines, just seems to be on the safe side and for the extra bucks paid for them also, gives me alot of peace and mind, and if they don't work, I do feel the gun maker will also make it right to.

Kahr mags ar enot on the cheap side, they are made of stainless, they do use wolffs mag springs, and they do stand behind them if you get a bad one. Broken mag followers normally kahr will replace them at no charge if you send back the broken peaces to them..

DBP9
02-11-2011, 08:24 AM
On a side note...DO NOT BUY FROM BLACK BEAR SPORTING GOODS!!!!! Their customer service sucks! I requested an RMA online as they suggest, waited the 2 days suggested in the RMA confirmation email, followed up w/a call as they suggest in the RMA confirmation email because I still hadn't heard back, sat on hold for an hour and 10 minutes, and was then told when they finally picked up to wait another 2 days and call back if I still don't get an RMA approval via email. Now I am really kicking myself for going the cheap route!