PDA

View Full Version : PM40 issue or Me??

cmazzac
02-11-2011, 05:33 PM
I have a PM40 with about 190 rounds through it, after having to fix a slide stop spring problem, it is shooting great. However, it is ejecting the spent casings into my forehead every round...:confused: Now, I am a lefty first off, plus I am just getting used to shooting this small polymer .40 cal. I had to adjust my shooting and use my right eye to aim instead of my left to avoid getting all scarred up by it. Has anyone else had this problem with their PM40?

tomwalshco
02-11-2011, 09:09 PM
Not with a Kahr, but a 1911. Ejectors can be tuned, which means sanding and changing the angle it meets the casing which alters it's ejection path. If you shoot 1-handed, lefty, I can see this. A righty and the casing will pass by their right shoulder.

A gunsmith can tune it or you could probably buy a new ejector for the same price.

Or just wear a hat and pull the brim down a little.

Bawanna
02-11-2011, 09:18 PM
Another possiblity that may or may not contribute and I don't in anyway mean to question your manhood but my PM45 and my K40 (as I recall) both nail me in the forehead if I get the least bit sloppy with my grip. Wow, I said it without the word limp.

They seem to like a good rock solid grip. Are you getting the forehead smack all thru your session or towards the end when maybe your getting tired or not at the top of your concentration level.

My PM it's like it talks to me. Hey wake up or you get another in the forehead. I'm not kidding.

May or may not be a contributor.

mudfish
02-11-2011, 09:47 PM
My new PM40 tosses brass about ten feet behind me and five feet to the right. Pretty good toss but nowhere near my head regardless of which hand I use. I'd say not normal, call Kahr and see if they'll send you a new ejector for free.

cmazzac
02-12-2011, 09:40 AM
First off thanks for all the input. Dont worry my manhood is still intact. The only reason I dont think it is me limpwristing it is because I started shooting with my right eye as my dominant eye during the last session I shot it, and it didnt hit me once.... It just sucks to switch up what your comfortable with shooting stance wise... I was having this problem every round as well. I am gonna take it up to the range today and if I am having the same problem, I am gonna have to talk to kahr or trade it for something else... I am hoping everything is still just tight from the break in period and maybe it will loosen itself up and straighten itself out

jocko
02-12-2011, 09:49 AM
cmazzac: I am a lefty also. and I willget one in the head sometmes. I also get it with my G19 also. I think it has more todo with being alefty more than anythng, If your getting them in the head every time, that is not a good thing.

It may not help but go to wolffs gun springs and order their 20.5# recoil outter springs and try that out. You have 18# springs in there now and this might help. It has helped some in the past.

gunsprings.com

PM also sent...

cmazzac
02-13-2011, 07:04 PM
The answer to my original question was answered this afternoon.... It was me... thanks for all your help guys it was appreciated, and I don't have to send it in!!!:D

garyb
02-15-2011, 07:22 AM
cmazzac,
I was not certain how to answer your original thread question, because I had not experienced that problem with my PM. I suspected it was not the gun, but was hesitant to comment. It could have been a problem with the gun or something you were doing.

What were you doing to cause this and how did you cure the problem?

We could learn from your experience. Tx.