PDA

View Full Version : How i turned 2000lbs to 21oz

CS534
02-12-2011, 08:50 PM
So I figure I will share my excitement with everyone. I just purchased a new Glock 23 duty gun with money I didn't know I had... A few days back a friend of mine mentioned that he met a local scrap yard owner who said scrap metal was going real high lately. I do some automotive work from home part time and for the last 4 years I have been stock piling scrap metal from jobs I do. Alot of brake rotors, drums, and suspension parts. So I gathered up a few small truck loads and headed to the scrap yard. 2 hrs later I had just about enough for a new Glock (leo pricing)!! This went over very well with the old lady too which made it that much better. Just thought I would share, I feel like I hit the lottery lol!

PaiN
02-13-2011, 05:31 AM
Nice little windfall.....now go quietly enjoy the DarKSidE

ripley16
02-13-2011, 06:03 AM
That story is almost Biblical... plows beaten into swords, or something like that. Can I get a Amen! :D

deadhead1971
02-13-2011, 07:03 AM
I just recently cashed in an old coin collection. :)

Jeremiah/Az
02-13-2011, 08:03 PM
I had a young Mexican guy knock on my door last week & ask if I had any scrap metal he could have. We looked around & he hauled away several pickup loads over the next 3 days, old feeders, water tanks, other farm junk. The last trip he brought me a cheese cake his wife had made as a thank you. I gave him $40 for cleanin' the place up. That was one happy young man. He said his construction job was really slow.

noslolo
02-13-2011, 10:55 PM
A couple of years ago I bought my current house. There was an old metal shed out back and my wife was pushing for me to tear it down. My kids had started to save cans to take to the recyclers, so I thought that might be a good idea with the metal from the shed. A few hours latter and I had $150.00. Scrap metal is a buisness all by itself. Don't give it away, make some money from it.