PDA

View Full Version : Oh Yea

getsome
11-16-2009, 09:34 AM
I received my CW40 back from Magna-Port last Thursday and got to shoot it over the weekend...All I can say is WOW!!! what a difference in recoil...I would say its like shooting a full house .357+p in a short barrel revolver and then shooting a standard .38 special in the same gun, unbelievable difference!!! The gun is now fun to shoot and easy to get back on target...I really think that porting should be a factory option on guns this light weight and shooting a powerful round...So if you are tired of the buck and roar I would highly recommend a port job...I sent the slide and barrel via fedex ground on 11-2 and it was back on 11-12...They did a beautiful job and the price was $160.00 including shipping...While shooting on Sunday I put 150 rounds of federal FMJ flat nose bullets I got at Wally World for $14.99 for a 50 round box...The gun didnt malfunction in any way at all, no problems period and my hand isnt sore today so try it folks, your gonna like it!!!:D

Ol'coot
11-16-2009, 05:06 PM
Post some photo so we can all see the port job

jocko
11-17-2009, 05:58 AM
I received my CW40 back from Magna-Port last Thursday and got to shoot it over the weekend...All I can say is WOW!!! what a difference in recoil...I would say its like shooting a full house .357+p in a short barrel revolver and then shooting a standard .38 special in the same gun, unbelievable difference!!! The gun is now fun to shoot and easy to get back on target...I really think that porting should be a factory option on guns this light weight and shooting a powerful round...So if you are tired of the buck and roar I would highly recommend a port job...I sent the slide and barrel via fedex ground on 11-2 and it was back on 11-12...They did a beautiful job and the price was $160.00 including shipping...While shooting on Sunday I put 150 rounds of federal FMJ flat nose bullets I got at Wally World for $14.99 for a 50 round box...The gun didnt malfunction in any way at all, no problems period and my hand isnt sore today so try it folks, your gonna like it!!!:D

you would like the work magna-port does. My k9, PM9 and G19 are all ported by magna-port. they just don't drill round holes like most porters do. their work is flawless, no refinish is necessary and oh yes, their porting works.If I had a cw or PM40 kahr,it wold be magna-ported for sure.

wagon
11-17-2009, 07:52 AM
Congrat! Sounds promising. Just curious if there is any concern if to shoot in a dark setting, would the muzzle flash blind our sight momentarily?

getsome
11-17-2009, 02:02 PM
Hi all, When I was shooting at the range I turned off the lane light which I usually do and if anything I think I noticed less muzzle blast due to less barrel rise...I didnt see anything blinding coming from the ports...They are cut at about a 40 to 45 degree side angle so the exit gasses aren't in your line of site...I'm not sure how it would look in night time darkness but I was always instructed that if shooting in low light to close your off side non sighting eye to prevent loosing your night vision in case a follow up shot becomes necessary and to move to a cover position if possible...If you want to see what the ports look like go to the Mag-na-Port web site and they have pictures of their work...I'm too old and ignorant to own a digital camera much less trying to figure out how to down load a picture to the web....I'm afraid I am an analog man is a digital age...Oh well at least I can still tpye...#!&* it all...:D

bayoutrigger
11-17-2009, 06:29 PM
Porting sounds like a plus. Is there any down side to it?

jocko
11-18-2009, 05:55 AM
shoot ur kahr or any other semi in the dark and see the muzzle flash on it. It is there my friend in a non ported gun, just as bad to. there are better defense rounds out today with less flash . the porting is so close to the end of the slide that if you shot a ported (same gun) gun and a non ported (same gun) in the dark, you could not tell which one was which, other than alot less recoil.

I have shot ported guns for 30 years all done by Magna-port. I still have my hearing, my sight, no burning cloths etch. Alot of myth is out there. sure stick it directly under your nose and u might need a plastic surgeon later, but I have shot from hip, side, belley and it sure never bothers me. Is it louder,??? again i shoot with hearing protectors, so I can't tell any difference. If anything the sound has to be the same (as the round is the same and that is what makes the "bang" thing) but it is just redirected

I carry my ported PM9 24/7 in a desantis nemesis and it gathers no more lint or whatever up in that area. My G19 glock is mag na ported and the smitty that did my custom tune up work on it, offered to buy it from me when he was all done with it. It shoots like a 22 and the second shot is right there still on target. a really fun gun to shoot , my best shooting gun I have ever had also..

I like most who ask about the flame thing, shows me that most all don't or have never shoot in the dark or dusk periods, or they would have answered their own question. fire ones little J frame and get ready for a real suprise also.

Powders are getting better to so we are going to see down the road far less flash from any gun. Some companies (and I do not remember them right now either) even state less muzzle blast... Course when we shoot 3" barreled guns and under, no doubt we will never get away from the total flash thing..