PDA

View Full Version : Adios

busteddrum
02-17-2011, 08:17 PM
Well this was a short involvement on a forum for me. I was under the impression that this site was about Kahr pistols. I have put a deposit on a pm45 at the LGS and can't wait to get it. Unfortunately I do not fit in here due to a vastly different political understanding. I wish you all safe shooting and that you never have to use your fine weapons in defense.

House Rules:
1. All posts must be in some way firearms or shooting sports related.
2. Posts containing off topic, vulgar, insulting, inflammatory, or adult content will be removed.
3. Members are asked to treat one another with respect and civility at all times.

joshh
02-17-2011, 08:24 PM
i miss something? this is a great forum for kahr owners. hope all is well and you enjoy your new kahr!

earle8888
02-17-2011, 09:06 PM
I guess I missed something!!!

MW surveyor
02-17-2011, 09:14 PM
A total of 8 posts including this one.

Quote "Unfortunately I do not fit in here due to a vastly different political understanding."

Read all of the posts and I'm not sure where we "failed" him, unless he is refering to the fact that sometimes the posts get off topic?

frank_drebin
02-17-2011, 09:20 PM
Maybe we aren't angry enough.....

O'Dell
02-17-2011, 09:49 PM
Evidently we weren't Liberal enough.

Bawanna
02-17-2011, 09:58 PM
Kahrtalk may not be a good fit for everyone. I'd like to know what your concerns are for future reference. Either here or in a PM. The vast majority seem to like things as they are so I doubt there will be any major changes.

As for the rest of us, lets not kick the guy while he's down.

TucsonMTB
02-17-2011, 09:59 PM
Okay . . . sorry! Didn't mean to pile on. :D

steve666
02-18-2011, 06:02 AM

While I have no interest in piling on or even commenting on the OP I felt the need to say something regarding the above statement. Talk of not kicking someone when they are down is ridiculous... that is the best time, you don't have to lift your leg as high!!!http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing025.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

jocko
02-18-2011, 06:03 AM
HUMM; is there something wrong with those house rules that would make you want to leave. Oh I know now, he wants to go on the glock talk forum or THR road where you can call a fella poster a c-cksucker and get applause for it. I missed his political correctness statment. Sometimes as Bawanna says , some forums are just not right for everyone,. I try to look at the posters posts count to. normally they are very low but already want to make drastic changes in the forum to accomadate their beliefs etc.

If we loose sleep over this person, then IMO your getting to juch rest in the first place. If a person doesnt' want to read certain posts by certain people just ignore them and read what you like. I don't read every page of PLAYBODY Magazine, BUT I NEVER Miss any photo section, and i am sure not going to drop Playboy magazine either..

Naw you guys are right, this guy was not good for our forum and maybe a good thing he weeded himself out before the grand POOBAH grip maker, B-sh-ter would have had to step in.

Damn I sure hope we don't tell Ripley with his fantastic jokes to keep his comments gun related, or ol jocko might be outta here to!!!

frank_drebin
02-18-2011, 06:14 AM
I'm sorry but anyone that joins a forums, makes a total of 7 posts then decides to publicly announce that he's leaving because he doesn't like the clientele is simply whoring for attention. Good ridence...

jeepster09
02-18-2011, 06:26 AM
All together now...STOP IT!!!

The fattest knight at King Arthur’s round table was Sir Cumference. He acquired his size from too much pi.

I thought I saw an eye doctor on an Alaskan island, but it turned out to be an optical Aleutian.

She was only a whiskey maker, but he loved her still.

No matter how much you push the envelope, it’ll still be stationery.

A dog gave birth to puppies near the road and was cited for littering.

A grenade thrown into a kitchen in France would result in Linoleum Blownapart.

Two silk worms had a race. They ended up in a tie.

A hole has been found in the nudist camp wall. The police are looking into it.

Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

Two hats were hanging on a hat rack in the hallway. One hat said to the other, “You stay here; I’ll go on a head.”

I wondered why the baseball kept getting bigger. Then it hit me.

A sign on the lawn at a drug rehab center said: “Keep off the Grass.”

The midget fortune-teller who escaped from prison was a small medium at large.

The soldier who survived mustard gas and pepper spray is now a seasoned veteran.

A backward poet writes inverse.

In a democracy it’s your vote that counts… In feudalism it’s your count that votes.

When cannibals ate a missionary, they got a taste of religion.

If you jumped off the bridge in Paris , you’d be in Seine.

A vulture boards an airplane, carrying two dead raccoons. The stewardess looks at him and says, “I’m sorry, sir, only one carrion per passenger.”

Two hydrogen atoms meet. One says, “I’ve lost my electron.” The other says, “Are you sure?” The first replies, “Yes, I’m positive.”

Did you hear about the Buddhist who refused Novocain during a root canal? His goal: transcend dental medication.

Popeye
02-18-2011, 06:38 AM
I honestly do not know how to reply to his post. This is one of the most civil sites on the net. If that's not what he's looking for then then he's right he should leave. Good bye ,toodalude, shame we didn't get to know ya, don't let the door bump ya in the butt on the way out.

If this sites offends him or he's not getting enough attention, It sounds like he needs get back to Mamby Pamby land till he gets a thicker skin.

Ol'coot
02-18-2011, 06:44 AM
LOL! I love this forum. I but guess I am just a Bible thumping, gun toting , hard line conservative. I sure hope this post does not offend anyone but what the hell you got to stand for your views and beliefs. I do not try to push my views or beliefs on anyone else but I also do not make not apologizes for my views and beliefs to anyone.

johnh
02-18-2011, 06:53 AM
??????

crazymailman
02-18-2011, 07:19 AM
Well, I'm new here and think it will be a great place to hang out.

Tilos
02-18-2011, 08:06 AM
FYI:
I use this feature and I'm sure appear on several Ignore lists myself.

Go to: User CP, Setting &Options, Edit Ignore List

Tilos

garyb
02-18-2011, 08:19 AM
Best wishes Busteddrum.

Just One Shot
02-18-2011, 09:28 AM
Reading this makes me want to:
http://i53.tinypic.com/15ojimx.jpg

Making a grandstand to say you are leaving without an explanation doesn't help to improve anything.
Perhaps it would have been better to just go silently into the night.
http://i55.tinypic.com/t0ovb7.jpg

http://i52.tinypic.com/2gv8qpc.jpg
Here's a peace offering. Does this make you feel better?

TheTman
02-18-2011, 09:40 AM
I think he says plenty if you read between the lines. Theres the part about differing polictical views, then the quote from the "liberal" Hubert Humphry". He just didn't like our conservative views and like most liberals if you don't wanna play by their rules they wanna go home. I bet he voted for Obama and didn't like the way some of us talk about his hero.
That being said, I wish him good luck with his Kahrs, and hopes he convinces other liberals to pick up the shooting sports. Maybe he will get more people to see that a gun is just a tool, and that people are the good and bad guys.

Dietrich
02-18-2011, 12:08 PM
Well busteddrum,I`m sorry to see you go.My bad if I`m one of the ones[or the one] who offended you.Take care and best of luck to you.

Just One Shot
02-18-2011, 12:13 PM
I think he says plenty if you read between the lines. Theres the part about differing polictical views, then the quote from the "liberal" Hubert Humphry". He just didn't like our conservative views and like most liberals if you don't wanna play by their rules they wanna go home. I bet he voted for Obama and didn't like the way some of us talk about his hero.
That being said, I wish him good luck with his Kahrs, and hopes he convinces other liberals to pick up the shooting sports. Maybe he will get more people to see that a gun is just a tool, and that people are the good and bad guys.
Thanks for pointing that out. I completely missed that.
http://i51.tinypic.com/vpdbfr.jpg

Now that I know he's a Liberal it almost makes me want to:
http://i52.tinypic.com/20auyp4.jpg

NOT!

JustinN
02-18-2011, 12:17 PM
I believe he was trying to complain about the General Discussion area being off topic and what not. I will admit, at least 50% of the stuff in general discussion is barely mildly gun related, if that....but it is also general discussion. Everything else on the site is great, and everyone here really does make this one of the best gun forums I have been on.

Dietrich
02-18-2011, 12:33 PM
I believe that the main objectives of Kahrtalk is to inform and aid others who are interested in Kahr handguns and the shooting sports.However I feel that this site would become dreadfully boring if we didn`t engage in some lighthearted foolishness from time to time.Also,it should come as no surprise to anyone that, for the most part,we tend to be conservative in our political views.

wyntrout
02-18-2011, 12:34 PM
Sometimes I feel like it's MY fault because we turned this into kind of a community. Sure there are rules and we talk a lot about guns and are ready and willing to help anyone in any way we can, but sometimes forums are just too restrictive and BORING.
I think that I helped loosen this one up a bit. I don't want to claim all of the credit because I'm not the only bucket mouth here and can't help straying a bit... okay, a lot, from the thread subject. It's like a normal conversation, though, you don't need to change rooms with the mention of any and every topic that comes up.

Some of the forums have so darn many rules, I just back out and don't go back. Some won't let you get past the front door without joining and signing on to their "Draconian" (to a bucket mouth) rules.

There are a lot of people here with different religions, philosophies, creeds, biases, or whatever, but we try to not let it interfere with our activities here, whether gun related or whatever. Most of us seem to be conservative, but not all, and I believe some have changed their opinions due to the political atmosphere the last two years, but all of us share a common interest in guns and keeping them running with help from our friends here and at Kahr, and we like to help anyone out that we can.

I'm glad that we have this atmosphere here, and I hope that Kahr doesn't see a need to curtail our community atmosphere. I really like this forum and hope that we can continue to share with each other. I DO spend too much time here, but it's fun and I don't have any friends around here to share this hobby with.

Dang! I tried to keep this short... and I guess it is for me.:rolleyes:

Wynn:D

Garland
02-18-2011, 12:46 PM
I am a frequent visitor even though I don't post much. I am probably a lot more liberal than many others here, and I admit I voted for Obama (there, I said it). I have found this forum to be informative as well as entertaining. Some people are just too sensitive!!

Bawanna
02-18-2011, 12:54 PM
Well its sure nice to find some closure here! It can all be blamed on Wyntrout. Call off the investigation, prepare the tar and feathers and afterwards we'll present him with the Kahr medal of merit (just invented that) for his part in creating a wonderful thing. Wyn Rocks! (gun magazine cursed perhaps but still rocks.)

I got lots of friends but I got no friends like the friends I got here. Maybe cause I'm a mall ninja and nobody can tell but that's the internet that I invented by the way.

You try keeping every word and phrase strictly on a gun topic with no side tracks and no joking around and see how long this forum last. When a person pops up with a genuine gun issue Kahr or otherwise we historically pause the party mode and get the person (note person man or TD2K) some solid helpful answers when we can. If it's a guess we enter it as such, if it's fact we share that as well.

There's obviously alot of terribly serious and I would venture to say mean spirited individuals out there, how else could those other nameless gun forums survive. Like an oasis for people in black hats versus us in white hats except for our official Kahr hats which of course are black. How did that happen?

So everyone gather around for a group hug (Dietrich stay in front of me or on the other side of the circle) and carry on clinging to our GUNS and our religion.

See this had a GUN motif.

Peace / Out

Bawanna
02-18-2011, 12:58 PM
I am a frequent visitor even though I don't post much. I am probably a lot more liberal than many others here, and I admit I voted for Obama (there, I said it). I have found this forum to be informative as well as entertaining. Some people are just too sensitive!!

You sir are a very brave man and honest, no doubt from Missouri with that honesty.

My one an only question since your the first and only person I've ever encountered who admitted to voting for (sorry I just can't say the name). Do you feel you made a mistake or do you still have hope for that changy stuff he promised.
Here I go drifting the thread again but as I say your the first and I don't want to miss this opportunity.

MW surveyor
02-18-2011, 01:04 PM
Bawanna, thank you for asking the above ^^^^^^^.

I wanted to ask the same thing but didn't want to "jump" on the person (see I'm PC, no gender implied)

wyntrout
02-18-2011, 01:05 PM
Well, dang, but this is fun. I gotta tear myself away and go by UPS to return my magazines. It seems like I'm some sort of unofficial magazine tester and can't find a brand that works for me.

I also gotta go by the Total Wine warehouse, too, and restock my little wine cooler. Just like ammo with guns, gotta have something to go with dinner.:D

Y'all be good, now... ya hear?:hippie:

Wynn:yo:

Garland
02-18-2011, 01:21 PM
I don't know if I would go so far as to say I am sorry I voted for him, but I would be the first to say the country has gone to hell in a handbasket. I don't agree with much he has done, but I have felt the same way about every politician whether I voted for them or not. I am probably different from some in that I thought, and still think, that things are so bad that I did not expect anything good to happen anytime soon. I believe that any person unfortunate enough to be president right now is bound to be hated.

Now, back to guns!

DKD
02-18-2011, 01:32 PM
Hey Old'COOT,

Yea I too don't make any apologies for my positions either, unlike our limp wristed president who been force feeding his agenda down our collective throats and apologizing to the world for America greatness.
I can only take just a limited amount of liberals morally bankrupt philosophies...I wreckon I have already had my fill for the week.

PETE14
02-18-2011, 01:36 PM
Just wanted to say "I am stayin" (Famous quote for us KU Basketball fans from Roy "Traitor" Williams!

I frequent two other boards (GlockTalk & Defensive Carry) and find this board to be more informative and easy going. Less "A" type attacking personalities. It doesnt have as much action but it might be the best.:)

Bawanna
02-18-2011, 01:47 PM
Bawanna, thank you for asking the above ^^^^^^^.

I wanted to ask the same thing but didn't want to "jump" on the person (see I'm PC, no gender implied)

I had no intention of ''Jumping" on the guy. He's truly the first individual I've ever encountered that admitted his vote. NO one else will apparently fess up. I certainly don't want Garland to take the whole mess we're in personally and go jump in front of a train or anything.
The president is always hated by close to half no matter what. The thing that always tears me up is if Bush or anyone of the previous presidents had done a fraction of what this ones done they would have been tried for treason and hung. But not ole (still can't say his name) he's special.
So ends my thread jacking for today. Think I'll crawl over to Gtalk and tell them polymer sucks and see what kind of reaction I get.

O'Dell
02-18-2011, 02:09 PM
Kahrtalk may not be a good fit for everyone. I'd like to know what your concerns are for future reference. Either here or in a PM. The vast majority seem to like things as they are so I doubt there will be any major changes.

I vote to leave it just like it is! This is one of the few places that will put up with me.

jocko
02-18-2011, 02:11 PM
politics and religion probalby do more harm on any gun forum than any other topic. Just the nature of the beast, so for me I have certainly learned to maybe read the topics but keep my fokking fingers off the keyboard..

by the way : Wife and I sent to Indy last night and watched a 4 hoour performance by Reba and George Strait. Wow, what a show. unbelievable, probalby 15K+ peope there. only setas left wer ein the oxygen balcony's.. How's that for getting off the subject..

Bawanna
02-18-2011, 02:19 PM
I love Reba even though I can't hear her beautiful voice anymore. I love George Straight too, not in any mano mano kind of way you understand.

Probably one of the last true Country singers around. Both of them for that matter.

Used to dream about being Reba's bodyguard just so I could be around her.

Weird huh?

jocko
02-18-2011, 02:26 PM
thats funny Bawanna. Iused to dream about her and I being good friends and she riding a harley and coming to see us all the time. My my what a fantasty world we live in. She is one dynamite package in such a small body for her age. I jsut think her and George are just straight shooters that came up the hard way and I hope they both,,,, MAKE ALL THEY CAN AND CAN ALL THEY MAKE. I know my wife andI donated our $182 for two tickets last night. G. Strait has to be the best of the best also. That fokker sang 26 different songs, back to back. Hell I can't repeat the pledge of alegience without havinfg to stop and think about it.

I never ride two up on my harley and I tell people that back seat is reserved for Reba, then people just roll their eyes...

Dietrich
02-18-2011, 02:35 PM
I dreamed I sang at the Grand Ol` Opry in my Maidenform bra.

frank_drebin
02-18-2011, 02:36 PM
I could just never get past the size of her mouth.

TheTman
02-18-2011, 02:38 PM
I can see where probably most members of this forum are conservative, and most likely Republican, Independent, or Libertarian, since its the left wing Nancy Pelosi/Chuck Schumer/Barbara Boxer who happen to be Democrats that lay awake at night dreaming up ways to seperate us from our guns. There used to be conservative Democrats, mostly from the south, hence the term Dixiecrats, that supported the 2nd admendment and other personal freedoms. Many of them feel they no longer connect with the new Democratic party and the ultra left wingers like Moveon.org and MSNBC that seem to be driving it, so many of them are leaving the Democrat party. America as a whole seems to be getting more polarized with the gun grabbing, govt will provide everything you need, tree hugging liberals on one side, and Christian conservative, tea party members etc. on the other side.
I'm sad to say that a liberal friend of mine I've known for over 25 years no longer will have lunch with me because of my CC permit and I refuse to disarm while we have lunch. I wish he'd never found out, but my gun showed once while I was getting out of the car and you'd have thought from his reaction that I had a nuclear bomb on me or some such nonesense. I've offered to take him shooting and help him get over his fear of guns, but he is having none of that. I think he actually believes that guns are evil and cause you to want to go commit horrible crimes, and totally disregards any info I share about how many people use guns to defend themselves, or deter home invasions, and other good things that can happen when you have a gun to defend yourself. I'm kind of glad that I know him, it gives me some insite into how some of the antigun crowd think - Totally disregard facts, and only accept those that reaffirm your belief that guns are evil. You may be thinking this guy is a moron, but he is highly educated, and does computer programming/systems anylysis for one of the larger aircraft companies located in this part of Kansas.

Bawanna
02-18-2011, 02:39 PM

??? We're talking about my dream girl here you gotta mean that in a nice way right?

jocko
02-18-2011, 02:44 PM
agree sometime sher smile turns me off, but immediately I can be turned back on, so the mouth thing is negotiable for me anyhow. helli'm not perfect either but Reba told me as long as I ride my harley, in her eyes I am THE MAN

jocko
02-18-2011, 02:45 PM

u stay the hell away from her mouth:banplease:

Bawanna
02-18-2011, 02:48 PM
"You may be thinking this guy is a moron, but he is highly educated, and does computer programming/systems analysis for one of the larger aircraft companies located in this part of Kansas. "

It seems to be the higher educated ones that I have the most trouble finding common sense in. It's like the main focus in college or higher education was remove logic and common sense. Drink your kool aid and the truth is what I say it is.
Some of them are totally helpless in the real world. I ran into a fella, nice guy, real wicked smart but he didn't know how to work a hack saw. Simple task of cutting off a bolt on his fence that was too long. No idea how to handle that.

Put a fence in (used to be a fence installer in an earlier life). Guy was a doctor, he left me a 4 page note on how to install it. It was a straight line about a 120 ft as I recall with a gate in the middle. He went on about elevations and drop and all sorts of stuff. I got hold of my boss and read him the letter and he said just build a fence. Biggest issue is that dang Doc had a goat with big ole horns and an obvious hatred for fencemen. I went round and round with that dang goat all day long. I wacked it in the head with a piece of fence pipe hard as I could, didn't even make him blink.

jocko
02-18-2011, 02:48 PM
I dreamed I sang at the Grand Ol` Opry in my Maidenform bra.

small world deit, my wife and I were there that night. We only paid 2 bucks for the tickets so we felt we had nothing to loose and after seeing your performance. we realized then that indeed we lost 4 bucks..:third:

getsome
02-18-2011, 02:56 PM
Well busteddrum I wish you well and hope you enjoy your new Kahr and will come back and give us another chance...As for this section of Kahr Talk I do believe it is called General Discussion which to me means it's for talking about whats on your mind...If we only talked about Kahr pistols it would get to be so boring that nobody would post anything...I don't have many personal friends and think of the folks here as extended family and I still say this is the best bar on the internet with friendly folks, funny jokes, great talk and all the info about Kahr products that you will find anywhere and the coldest beer on the block...I enjoy reading others view points on issues even if I might not agree with them about a particular subject...I am a Libertarian and don't agree with everything the Republicans or the Democrats do or say...I believe that if I am in my house and not bothering anyone else with what I'm doing then its none of anybodys stinkin business and the same goes for my neighbors right to do what they want to do in their house....I'll shut up now but one last thing... REBA ROCKS!!!!!!....:cool:

Willieboy
02-18-2011, 02:56 PM
Goodbye young lad.

jocko
02-18-2011, 03:09 PM
She sure does rock. I set on the edge of my seat when she performed and my wife just looked over and shoot her head,but when george Strait came on, it was the exact opposite. I also dream of shooting one holers at 25 yards with my PM9 and trust me I have a far better chance of loading Reba up on the back of my harley than ever shooting a one holer group at 25 yards WITH ANY DAMN GUN.

frank_drebin
02-18-2011, 03:10 PM
??? We're talking about my dream girl here you gotta mean that in a nice way right?

no no no... I meant that uh her mouth is so perty that I have a hard time looking at uh.... anything else.

jocko
02-18-2011, 03:22 PM
no no no... I meant that uh her mouth is so perty that I have a hard time looking at uh.... anything else.

this seat on my motorcycle and I call it the Reba seat. Never meet a gal yet that set there and had anything bad to say about it.:third: Most of the time I can't get them off the seat, they do get OFF though:third: I'm on my 4th seat in less than one year, they wear the hide right off the seat..

Motorcycle Seat Accessories Vibrating Accessory Motorcycle Seats ...VibeRider.com produces a Vibration in your Seat that operates with the RPM's of your engine. 877-842-3743 The More You Rev, The Harder It Pulsates.

VIBE-RIDER - The Vibe-Rider - PhotoandVideo - Vibe-Rider Merchandise
www.viberider.com/ - Cached - Similar

Only a harley rider would understand:banplease:

getsome
02-18-2011, 03:42 PM
Dang, I want one of those for my truck seat...Tach it up Tach it up buddy gonna shut you down....OH YEA!!!!...:p...:banplease:

Bawanna
02-18-2011, 03:45 PM
I'm gonna put one on my wheelchair seat and make everyone wonder why I'm smiling all the time. Hit the turbo, beep beep um beep beep yeah.
I gotta get an exocism on that song too, thanks drivemykahr.

jocko
02-18-2011, 03:52 PM
Dang, I want one of those for my truck seat...Tach it up Tach it up buddy gonna shut you down....OH YEA!!!!...:p...:banplease:

women (all women) love that seat:third: u know we gotta do what we gotta do:banplease:

The guy that desinged that seat, his name was Ima pervert:third:

az4783054
02-18-2011, 04:01 PM
This new member decided to leave for whatever reasons. It was his choice. We're all made different. If it were me, I'd just leave. He probably anticipated the replies above. Sharks on chum and school yard bullies comes to mind.

Say goodbye to him and leave it at that. I think anytime someone leaves (a forum) there is a loss of information.

Sounds vaguely familiar to this other thread...

http://kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?t=5561

OldLincoln
02-18-2011, 04:02 PM
politics and religion probalby do more harm on any gun forum than any other topic. Just the nature of the beast, so for me I have certainly learned to maybe read the topics but keep my fokking fingers off the keyboard..
This is why he left, plain and simple. He wants a forum that discusses Kahrs and only discusses Kahr. He obviously feels deeply about his political affiliation and does not want to read negative remarks about his chosen party and personnel thereof.

You have to look at things from both points of view now and then. There are forums that many of you won't visit because of their political position, so it works both ways.

I am a member of one gun forum (can't remember which) that kills the thread when somebody gets onto politics. The offender also gets notice. Heck I am a member on one forum where a member with over 12,000 posts and held in very high esteem for his contributions that was finally permanently banned after multiple suspensions and untold warnings from the administrators. His crime... he was excessively acerbic toward those who did not agree with his gun advice. Of course there were opposing opinions on stuff and others spoke contrary so he would bully them. Don't worry, we are a love fest here compared to that.

Every forum wants to serve it's intended audience and wants high readership across multiple spectrums. I see a lot of activity here but mainly from a small base and I feel like family and really appreciate all of you. I do wonder what changes if any would need to be applied to bring in more females and keep those new Kahr owners who initially just had a question or two. I don't know the answers nor is it my place to propose change. I just want this place to continue to grow and prosper.

To borrow from my friend Tilos, "Just Sayin...."

jocko
02-18-2011, 04:16 PM
but this forumhas a place for this type of discussion also. I never visit it. just safer for me I think. He made his choice , not sure he is gona find to many forums of any type that doesn't get into the political discussion side, . After all our gun rights are very political, so discussion should be welcomed by those who want to particpate.

but no doubt it seems to get carried away, ..

frank_drebin
02-18-2011, 04:47 PM
I'm a member of a cycling forum. Their political leanings are vastly different than those found on gun forums by and large. It goes with the territory. I generally stay out of their political forum as they will attack with a vengeance if you ever doubt the anointed one.

Jeremiah/Az
02-18-2011, 08:59 PM
Frank, your signature line made me cry laughing! I have a P380 also.

Jeremiah/Az
02-18-2011, 09:26 PM

I just wonder

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If Gabrielle Giffords got shot with a .40 or a .45 if she would be up walking around now. I know, I know, the 9 did not hit any vital organs.

99% of liberals give the rest of us a bad name.

It's too bad Busteddrum got his weenie stepped on, but he said the above on 1/21/11.

OldLincoln
02-18-2011, 09:47 PM
No the only thing that would have saved her is a magazine that doesn't hold any rounds! Maybe a law allowing only breach loaders, yeah that'll do it. Of course talk magazines to a politician and they think Oprah. Sigh....

Tilos
02-18-2011, 09:54 PM
Like Frank, cycling is among my interests and I believe I've mentioned the interest other cyclists have in my ever present fanny pack.
Once I told one of the curious "where else can I carry my gun" when asked about that "Sissy Sack" word got around and I was never asked again.

Guns and politics are different in that no one ever threatened to ban my bicycle.
Tilos

jocko
02-19-2011, 06:11 AM
Tilos: My son rides alot in cycylist groups and he carrys his lcp in his fanny pak and he told me most seem to wear some type of pak, so he fits right in. The bike shop he visits sells so many different kinds even, so it is a popular and accepted thing in cyclying. Hell , if they are gonna wear those tight fitting lyrca shorts and shoes that accept pedal clips, who in the hell is gonna notice. and oh yes those god awful ugly helmets with the little dentists mirrors on them... But all of that is totally accepted in the cycling world, just like half naked women are accepted on the back of a harley..

jeep45238
02-19-2011, 06:45 AM
Adios.

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s127/jeep45238/Range%20Time/SW%20MP9Pro/Photo31.jpg

kyletx1911
02-19-2011, 07:05 AM
ohhhhh ohhhhh i know to many black folks:001_tt2::D

Slave
02-19-2011, 07:23 AM
I think he may have been upset at the right leaning tendency of this forum. then again, I have never not seen a gun forum lean right. /shrug

If more democrats stopped being gun grabbers, then people wouldn't just assume I guess.

I dunno, I hate politics, and I vote on views, not party. Here in Michigan, we have some democrats introducing some great gun bills, and I love rubbing people's faces in it over on OCDO. I am just being devil's advocate.

Anyway, good morning Kahrtalk!

frank_drebin
02-19-2011, 07:31 AM
Like Frank, cycling is among my interests and I believe I've mentioned the interest other cyclists have in my ever present fanny pack.
Once I told one of the curious "where else can I carry my gun" when asked about that "Sissy Sack" word got around and I was never asked again.

Guns and politics are different in that no one ever threatened to ban my bicycle.
Tilos

I dunno, there is a nice long thread at GT where a large % of posters wanted to ban bikes from the roadways.... :D

Tilos
02-19-2011, 08:00 AM
Jocko:
I like to yank my wife's chain and who doesn't, with things like:
"Oh Look, what a nice man riding that Harley...taking his grand-daughter for a ride."
Tilos

jocko
02-19-2011, 09:59 AM
quote:I dunno, there is a nice long thread at GT where a large % of posters wanted to ban bikes from the roadways....

If the glock boys had their way, they would ban allguns except glocks to. cyclyists need to be damn careful on the highways. We had 2 Indiana state troppers killed on one of our highway when his group of about 20 cyclists were riding down one of our major highways on a fundraisers for troopers widows and they even had a chase truck but it was following to closely and the chase truck was rear ended by another vehicle becuase the chase truck was going so slow behind the cyclists, and it pushed the chase truck right into the pak of cyclists, killing two officers. When the ride in packs like that they do hinder highway speeds ALOT. Not sure the highways were intended for that stuff either...

jocko
02-19-2011, 10:21 AM
Jocko:
I like to yank my wife's chain and who doesn't, with things like:
"Oh Look, what a nice man riding that Harley...taking his grand-daughter for a ride."
Tilos

if that b. s. actually works:popcorn:

frank_drebin
02-19-2011, 10:26 AM
Frank, your signature line made me cry laughing! I have a P380 also.

:)

I was thinking of getting a Derringer

Bawanna
02-19-2011, 10:33 AM
:)

I was thinking of getting a Derringer

Or maybe a NAA mini revolver? I'd like to buy me one of them birds that pecks away at trees. A big one.

MW surveyor
02-19-2011, 01:02 PM
Whoa, talk about gett'n off track.

To keep it Gun related. How about one of those Liliput revolvers. 2 mm round I think.

frank_drebin
02-19-2011, 01:08 PM
My edc...
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR3bgVhZS2jY-FcQr9-Ch-jTCPpQkqkET4wLlKN_hPOyHjiRsw-sw

MW surveyor
02-19-2011, 01:12 PM
Now that's what I'm talking about.

What do you pull the trigger with? A pair of tweezers? Toothpick?

OldLincoln
02-19-2011, 01:28 PM
Man, you could get that through airport security just by putting it in your mouth! To shoot, hold it in your teeth and pull the trigger with your tongue.

frank_drebin
02-19-2011, 02:21 PM
What were we talking about again?

Oh yeah....

http://steelerssource.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/cry-baby.jpg

tnpatriot
02-19-2011, 02:36 PM
hey busteddrum, maybe you would fit in better at the forum for petty, immature, liberal, politically correct, radical environmental, elitist, known it alls

jocko
02-19-2011, 03:33 PM
we probably spent to much time on this guy anyhow, over 6 pages, course we seemed to get off track more than once to, which is normal for this spassmactic group.

frank_drebin
02-19-2011, 03:36 PM
Ooooh look, a butterfly.

jeepster09
02-19-2011, 03:58 PM
My cat likes butterflies.....

AFVet
02-19-2011, 04:12 PM
I wondered how this post could possibly have gotten so many responses, but I see that we are comfortably off track. LOL

jocko
02-19-2011, 04:23 PM
thats why this forum is as good as it is.

frank_drebin
02-19-2011, 04:28 PM
Some people just let too many things get to them. Maybe a short tutorial will help...

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc81/jbabbler/utf-8Bcm9mbC5qcGc.jpg

jocko
02-19-2011, 05:46 PM
frank, ur just full of it tonight, aren't u????

Bawanna
02-19-2011, 05:57 PM
I think it's rapidly approaching the end of it's usefullness. If he didn't want to leave before he'd certainly be headed for the door now.

Hovering over the close button but there seems to be some fun here, I'll use restraint as long as civility is still applied at least a little bit.

jocko
02-19-2011, 06:06 PM
I double darn dare u to hit that fokking button!!!!

yqtszhj
02-19-2011, 06:12 PM
Well I have been avoiding posting on this thread but since it's STILL going on I'll just say I was thinking the other day what a good bunch of people play around on here. This place is an encyclopedia of Kahr info if you ask anything and decent folks that can tolerate most anyone as long as they tolerate us.

Thanks to everyone that contributes. Just reading stuff on here can make me forget my stressful day. Thanks to all of you clowns out there too that can make someone laugh.

There. I've said my part.

frank_drebin
02-19-2011, 06:42 PM
Hovering over the close button but there seems to be some fun here, I'll use restraint as long as civility is still applied at least a little bit.

Hovering? Here's an actual shot of Bawanna "hovering" :D His hand is actually covering the "close" button so you can't see it.

http://www.area-59.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/aaron-fotheringham-wheelchair.jpg

Bawanna
02-19-2011, 06:45 PM
I double darn dare u to hit that fokking button!!!!

I think it's double dog dare and I've never ever failed to do the task when the double dog dare was threatened.

But gosh darn it Jocko, I like ya and I'm gonna let ya have your way this time. I'm not sure why but I'm just feeling like it's the right thing to do.

I no that no good deed goes unpunished so I suspect the roof of my house will cave in on me as I sleep tonight but I'm sticking to the plan come floods or caved in roofs.

Bawanna
02-19-2011, 06:46 PM
Hovering? Here's an actual shot of Bawanna "hovering" :D His hand is actually covering the "close" button so you can't see it.

http://www.area-59.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/aaron-fotheringham-wheelchair.jpg

That was a few years ago. Good shot of me, got my good side and everything. How did you get that anyhow. Glad you didn't post a pic about 5 frames later, it was dang ugly as I recall, zero points for my dismount for sure. Big Brother and Frank Drebin are watching I guess.

frank_drebin
02-19-2011, 06:48 PM
I hate to point it out but your printing in that pic.

Bawanna
02-19-2011, 07:03 PM
I hate to point it out but your printing in that pic.

Sorry, it was a full size 1911, I don't have anything huge to compensate for. Guess I was cursed at birth so to speak.

Agent Smith
02-20-2011, 01:48 PM
I can get the pm9 and pm45 here in Ca. but I don't want the p380 with the LCI (for $100 more), so I guess that I will have to find a used p380. Ca. gun laws pi$$ me off.

Bawanna
02-20-2011, 02:27 PM

There's a question here, not sure what it is. Hmm LCI- Loaded Chamber Indicator? CA approved guns? Just a post to find our way back to the true meaning of this thread which was rather weak to begin with.

I'm going outside, its chilly but the sun is out and I'm buzzed from Hoppes #9 after cleanup from yesterdays awesome (sorta) range trip.

jlottmc
02-20-2011, 03:02 PM
Why do we even miss that guy. I thought this thread was almost completely hijacked. Guess I need to bring the magnifier over here; I was looking for the specker.

WMD
02-20-2011, 03:31 PM
Boy, I'm confused...! "Vastly different political understandings"? Uh....., this is a gun forum not sure where the politically different understandings come from.

Bustedrum...., could you at least tell us what the issue is? :confused:

jocko
02-20-2011, 04:05 PM
Why do we even miss that guy. I thought this thread was almost completely hijacked. Guess I need to bring the magnifier over here; I was looking for the specker.

we have hijacked this thread, paid the ranson and hijacked it again . Not aure this busterdumm guy was worth to much to do anyhow, so we might have well hijacked this thread and put some humor in it, for I certainly won't miss him, actually he was here and gone in reocrd time. This thread now to me ha sno meanng than other to have some fun with it and I know Bawanna finger is just itching to lock this thread for lack of any meaning. course first he needs to get it out of his nose:banplease:

Bawanna
02-20-2011, 04:13 PM
I sense the man with the broken drum has left the building. No activity since the post that started this thread if you can call it a thread. Probably good for him to move on, you hang around here very long and it becomes terribly habit forming. Several times I've went to look for a life but only get 60 or 70 yards from the crystal ball and it sucks me right back to see what you guys are up to.
Worse than trying to give the devils tobacco I think.

I too was interested in what was going thru his mind and asked him either in a PM or here. No reply. Sooooo guess we'll never know. It happens from time to time so guess we'll just have to man up (ok TD2K up) and move on.

jlottmc
02-20-2011, 04:39 PM
Leave this place? I'm confused now. We can do that? I thought this was the inside of the black hole, or the whales' belly or what have you. If this place was a brick and mortar bar, it'd be like Cheers, and we'd never leave. Some of us don't now, and we keep getting pulled back in.

Dietrich
02-20-2011, 05:14 PM
"I went to my dentist last week and he told me my gums were shrinking.When I got home I found out I had been brushing my teeth with Preparation H."

Rodney Dangerfield

jocko
02-20-2011, 05:16 PM
why would I have expected anything different from you either?????? Don't try it on ur pecker????

jeepster09
02-20-2011, 05:30 PM
why would I have expected anything different from you either?????? Don't try it on ur pecker????

Especially...."Poly Grip" :eek:

MrToad
02-21-2011, 05:42 AM
Regarding the OP, why should politics get in the way of discussing most aspects of firearms? A great many of my friends are diametrically opposed in political terms to my viewpoints, but that's never stopped us from finding common ground and working on that.
FWIW, I think a polite, well-rounded discussion with many different viewpoints can often be the best way to understand one's own. It can be a better learning experience to hear a dissenting view and mulling on its implications rather than a perpetual chorus of "amen!"

For example, when evaluating a gun purchase, which is better: A pro only, or a balanced pro/con review?

krmgator
02-21-2011, 07:43 AM
As a new member (and one wanting to keep this thread going); in looking back at other posts the OP'er had, I still can't figure out where the problem was.

I am on a few boards, both gun and non-gun, and there's plenty of people I disagree with, but it wouldn't make me have a post like he did. There are some I don't belong to anymore; I just quit going there.

MikeyKahr
02-21-2011, 03:05 PM
JohnH and/or JustinN and/or Bawanna45cal, do I hear Aretha Franklin warming up?? :music:

Bawanna
02-21-2011, 03:09 PM
JohnH and/or JustinN and/or Bawanna45cal, do I hear Aretha Franklin warming up?? :music:

I need more clues? I know Aretha and like alot of her music but I'm not making the connection. The only thing that pops in my head is "what you want? Baby I got it". Not in any mano mano type way you understand.

beep beep um beep, yeah!

TucsonMTB
02-21-2011, 03:22 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_RaOrchOImw8/SYyI24FFHkI/AAAAAAAAICY/ujXtortsPjM/s400/aretha+Respect.jpg

R-E-S-P-E-C-T . . .

I think the original poster was disappointed that no one would argue with him. Oh well. :rolleyes:

jocko
02-21-2011, 03:57 PM
probably right, if we take the humor posts and the b.s posts out ofhis thread, he really got no response, kinda tells you that we just looked right past his b.s post. One has to earn respect..

MikeyKahr
02-21-2011, 04:33 PM
I need more clues? I know Aretha and like alot of her music but I'm not making the connection.

A more recent picture of Mrs. Franklin is in order. Think operas too.

Jeremiah/Az
02-21-2011, 04:52 PM
I think Mikey might mean it is time for the fat lady to sing.

Bawanna
02-21-2011, 04:56 PM
Aaaah, I think you could have a bingo there.

Going............going..............

OldLincoln
02-21-2011, 06:15 PM
Ha Ha! IBTL

wyntrout
02-21-2011, 06:29 PM
Dang! Put a stake in its heart Bawanna'

Wynn:D

Bawanna
02-21-2011, 06:54 PM
Your wish is my desire. Adios machachos. Busteddrum the welcome mat is always out, but this thread is over.

Stake driven.