PDA

View Full Version : Extra power trigger return spring?

chp5
02-21-2011, 11:39 AM
I've put about 600 rounds through my MK9 since I bought it used a few months ago. An excellent little pistol that's been 100% reliable.

I mainly shoot Glocks and ride the trigger to reset. I have invested a lot of dry and live fire in the Glock trigger - and, as a result, sometimes short stroke the MK9 trigger.

I would like to a little more power on the trigger return spring. I realize that it will increase the poundage of the trigger pull.

Is there such a thing as an extra power trigger return spring? Thanks.

jocko
02-21-2011, 11:56 AM
no there is not... two different triggers in the glock and kahr, u just gonna have to adapt. I have a G19 and personaly I have never hadone issue in adapting to either..

chp5
02-21-2011, 12:13 PM
Jacko - does the striker spring in the Kahr assist in trigger return like the Glock? Or is it only the trigger spring: http://www.kahr.com/Pistol-Parts/Kahr-010PM9-Trigger-Spring.asp

jocko
02-21-2011, 12:35 PM
no. look down inside the grip and you willsee the coiled spring by the trigger, that is what moves the trigger back to start. Not saying one could not find a stiffer spring but Ihave no clue as to where to start looking for something like that, as I am sure this was specially made for kahr to fit exactly where they designed it to fit. there is no doubt that coiled little spring has some poundage to it until it starts to move the striker back which is then pulling on the striker spring which is arond 7.5# so I would think what poundage that little trigger springhas would get lost in the shuffle as the trigger is pulled further back.. What your looking for is something to return that trigger with more ump but it would have to then work the other way to. Ur just gonna have to adapt to it. It is not an issue with kahr shooters but if one is gonna be switching to different guns with totally different trigger systems, then IMO they all willhave their quirks over one or the other.

chp5
02-21-2011, 01:04 PM
Thx.