PDA

View Full Version : PM9 with CT and Hogue, Jr Grip, will it work?

cbroth
11-17-2009, 01:58 PM
Looking to add a Hogue, Jr Grip to my PM9 with CT. Has anyone done this and how did it work out.

RevDerb
11-17-2009, 03:09 PM
I don't see how it can without some tailoring of the Handall Jr. to accommodate the pressure switch.

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn268/RevDerb/Handguns/KahrPM9withCrimsonTrace004-1.jpg

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn268/RevDerb/Handguns/KahrPM9withCrimsonTrace005-1.jpg

cbroth
11-17-2009, 06:30 PM
I know that it will have to be trimmed, I just wonder if the grip can keep it's structural integrity with that amount trimmed off. The grip is only $7.00 so I am going to give it a try and see how well it works.

Ol'coot
11-17-2009, 06:48 PM
I know that it will have to be trimmed, I just wonder if the grip can keep it's structural integrity with that amount trimmed off. The grip is only $7.00 so I am going to give it a try and see how well it works.

I would like to see some photo's after it is trimmed and installed, I have a PM9 with the laser installed as well

tnedator
11-20-2009, 08:01 PM
Been lurking for a while, decided to register so I could respond in here. I am on my second Handall Jr. The first one was installed before I bought the CT, and then I took it off and tried to trim it with a scissor and large utility knife. It turned out ok, but when I was putting it back on I tore it from the bottom. So, it wasn't stable.

I bought another and used an exacto. In the end, I still cut the area to each side of the laser switch a little wider than it needed to be. In terms of structural integrity, I think it will be ok, but I suggest using the Hogue stick kit (double sided tape and a lubricant that evaporates -- like putting a grip on a golf club) to help it out.

You basically have to trim to the finger ridge. As that is the thickest part and you don't have to cut into that, I think it will be ok as long as it is installed with the tape for a little extra support.

Unfortunately, I haven't been out to shoot since I installed it, so I can't say for sure how it will hold up. I'm hoping to go out saturday, and I will probably put 100+ rounds through it.

I'll post some pictures in the next day or so.

cbroth
11-21-2009, 05:32 PM
Thanks for your input. Will be checking back to see how it held up.

tnedator
11-21-2009, 06:09 PM
Thanks for your input. Will be checking back to see how it held up.
Assuming the weather holds and I go out like planned, I'll give an update and post some pics, which will also highlight where I trimmed a bit too wide. I also didn't make as clean a cut as I could have along the mag well.

After I bought the CT and tore my first one, I bought too more from Midway, so I have another. If this works well, I will probably eventually install the other and be more careful with the trimming.

kahrs&cars
01-17-2010, 03:15 AM
I run a Pachmayr slip on with my PM40 and PM9 and have had great success.
Only thing I altered was I used an Xacto knife and trimmed a small circle out where the switch sits as to relieve pressure on it.

It fits like a glove and looks great
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o189/MegadetH72/222355.jpg

Copper&Black
01-18-2010, 07:56 PM
What model number Pachmayr is that? #4?
Thanks!

KahrKRL
01-18-2010, 10:19 PM
Have the Hogue and I love it. Feels better than the hard plastic grip. No issues so far.

kahrs&cars
01-19-2010, 12:33 AM
What model number Pachmayr is that? #4?
Thanks!

You're very welcome:) And correct you are it is a #4 size for our "small" pistols.

Copper&Black
01-19-2010, 05:13 PM
Thanks KahrsandCars, Just picked one up on ebay, $12.95

kahrs&cars
01-19-2010, 11:05 PM
Right on! Let me know how you like it when it arrives, i'm sure you'll be very happy with the fit and feel of it.

Tap
01-20-2010, 08:36 AM
I went to great effort, by taking a .243 case and my burring tool to sharpen it to cut a hole just over the button.
I went to Gunsite for a "Pocket Carry" class. Half way through the first day I dumped the "Condom". It feels good untill you do so some SERIOUS shooting. Then it twist!
My advise ( worth every penny) is to use a Pearce. My two cents.