PDA

View Full Version : CW9 barrel ?

Jeremiah/Az
02-23-2011, 08:31 PM
Will the extended ported CW9 barrel shown in the "Bobtail" thread work in a PM9? How long is it? I can't find anything on it @ Kahrshop.

ripley16
02-24-2011, 05:57 AM
It's 4" long. I don't know if it will fit a M size Kahr.

jocko
02-24-2011, 06:15 AM
yes it will and they are polygonal rifled also,..

why not just port your gun, if u don't like it, just buy another barrel and the ports will still look cool but serve no purpose. I can't see myself practicing with a ported barrel (extended to boot) and then going back to the regualr barrel for ccw carry. There is a difference in everything. In theory what your thinking might sound OK but in realiity, I think it willnot work out for you either.

If you port, you won't regret it, IMO.

Jeremiah/Az
02-24-2011, 11:15 AM
Thank you. I was thinking that you could get a little more velocity from the longer barrel & still have the PM sized gun. I guess there would be an inch of barrel sticking out front. Has anyone tried it?

jocko
02-24-2011, 11:44 AM
i think your worry to much about this velocity thing, certainly one inch more willgive some added vellocity but is it worth the trade off, Why not just buy a cw9 and have one more round even plus the barrel length and not sticking out the front of the gun either. For what your gonna pay for that extra barrel, which really doesnt have alot of resale value, why not add a few more bucks and just buy the CW9 and be done with it and have an entire gun..