PDA

View Full Version : Kahr rubber panel "inserts/stickers"

djans1397
02-24-2011, 09:28 PM
Anyone put the Kahr rubber panel "stickers/inserts" on their P, PM or CW series gun? I just bought some as they were only $10 and I thought I'd try them out. If I don't like them, I'd hate to have a sticky residue and jack up my frame once I took them off. Input anyone?

Thanks,
Dan

eastenn
02-24-2011, 09:59 PM
i don't think you would be left with a jacked up frame over some stick on grips..if you don't like the way your grip is then stick them on and try them out. if you don't like them pull 'em off and use some goo gone and wd-40 and clean your grips. it's just plastic.

eastenn
02-24-2011, 10:07 PM
and not to pick on you so don't take this offensively but i think you are a little too paranoid about your gun..you have made threads about your gun having a guide rod you didn't expect, bad slide rails, inaccurate barrel, and what grips you should use. go buy some ammo and spend some time shooting it, i think you will get more enjoyment out of that

mr surveyor
02-24-2011, 10:23 PM
very good advice:)

gb6491
02-25-2011, 07:58 AM
i don't think you would be left with a jacked up frame over some stick on grips..if you don't like the way your grip is then stick them on and try them out. if you don't like them pull 'em off and use some goo gone and wd-40 and clean your grips. it's just plastic.
That's good advice. WD40 has worked well for me as an aide to removing sticky residue left by stick on labels and Talon grips. Don't be dissuaded from asking about things you have no knowledge of.
Regards,
Greg

djans1397
02-25-2011, 11:02 AM
No offense taken eastenn. I'll take your advice and actually go shoot it, just as soon as it warms up from -29 below here in NW MT :p. Unfortunately we have no indoor ranges around where I live. As far as being paranoid, yeah, I see where one would get that impression. I'm a stickler on perfection though, work hard for my money and expect to get what I pay for. The gun that I carry to defend myself, family and friends, Lord willing should I ever have to, better be in top notch shape and working correctly. So it's always nice to pick the brains of those who know more than I on a subject and have been there, done that sort of deal.

Thanks All :)

eastenn
02-25-2011, 11:41 AM
No offense taken eastenn. I'll take your advice and actually go shoot it, just as soon as it warms up from -29 below here in NW MT :p. Unfortunately we have no indoor ranges around where I live. As far as being paranoid, yeah, I see where one would get that impression. I'm a stickler on perfection though, work hard for my money and expect to get what I pay for. The gun that I carry to defend myself, family and friends, Lord willing should I ever have to, better be in top notch shape and working correctly. So it's always nice to pick the brains of those who know more than I on a subject and have been there, done that sort of deal.

good to hear, i was hoping it didn't come off as discouraging. just seems like a lot of posts are popping up lately from people worrying about things they wouldn't notice if they got to spend time shooting..rather than being cooped up in the winter with nothing to do than break their gun down and nit pick them. anyway, carry on i think thats what they said these forums are for

ps, -29, i do feel sorry for you there. we have had some pretty good weather over here lately.

MW surveyor
02-25-2011, 11:47 AM
-29 !!! Nice weather here today in Texas. Near 70+ sun's out, birds are singing, squirrels are playing. HA

Well you could sit there and rack the slide about 500 or so times. That will help break it in for when you can actually get to shoot.

jreXD9
02-25-2011, 03:53 PM
I have found that a bicycle inner tube (or 2) on the grip works best, even better than a Hogue grip. I have 2 on my CW9, 1 one the CW9 and a Hogue, Jr. on the PM9. The inner tubes offer a slightly tacky feel, not too sticky. Give that a try. I had what you're talking about on my XD's but didn't really care for them and ended up taking them off. There was no residue left behind.

Bawanna
02-25-2011, 04:08 PM

Kind of pours icy cold water on my desire to be your neighbor or my first choice Wyoming. Just can't handle them brutally cold winters as much as I used to.
Guess thats why Snowbirds exist. Made it to work today, (didn't want to come but wife made me) after being snowed in for a few days. At least it was a 1 day work week. A little long but I'll get through it.
I can't even comprehend -29!!

jocko
02-25-2011, 04:15 PM
djans1397. Hell I thought all the people in MT just shot right out their back door!!!

djans1397
02-25-2011, 07:37 PM
djans1397. Hell I thought all the people in MT just shot right out their back door!!!

That's mostly just during hunting season and sighting in our guns:4:

It could've been worse. My buddy 20 miles east woke to -39! Our wind chill took it to -51. :eek:

TheTman
02-25-2011, 09:49 PM
Dang, now that's cold. I don't think I'd spend much time out shooting either.

djans1397
03-09-2011, 08:13 PM
just an update. I received the rubber grip decals from Kahr and applied them without a hitch. They're not as abrasive and the "skate board" tape ones that I've seen in the past, but I do prefer to wear a wife beater t-shirt under my over shirt to keep them from rubbing against my skin as they can be a little annoying. That being said, they really seem to give me a solid purchase on the grips, much more so than without them. They add just a fraction of width to the grip, but overall it's negligable. I think I will enjoy them for sometime to come.

Dan

cmazzac
03-13-2011, 07:38 PM
I have the rubber grips also, they are definately irritating on the hip IWB, so I took a file and rougher them up a bit to soften them with a file. It's not near as abrasive now, I gotta Hogue handall Jr. Grip coming in the mail, just in case.