PDA

View Full Version : So how wouldja conceal one of these?

Pointedstick
02-27-2011, 05:10 PM
I live in a crappy state so I don't have a CCW yet but I like to plan ahead… what holster do people recommend for concealing a CW9? I've heard great things about the Crossbreed Supertuck. Should I be looking for something a bit more high-end? I hear these stories of people with drawers full of discarded holsters. :p

OldLincoln
02-27-2011, 05:57 PM
Welcome to the forum. It's good to plan ahead as long as it's not too far out. You may really like the new Kahr CM9 coming out next month.

Anyway, the Crossbreed Super is a lot of holster for a little gun. I tried it in a store and decided against it because I had trouble getting the 2 belt clips right. I have similar issues putting on my 2 clip "The Answer" for my heavy Colt 45.

For my PM9 I really specified a grab and go holster and the Silent Thunder made by Garrett Industries fits the bill. It's a single clip and for a run to the store, I can just poke it at 3:00 and go. I've had it for over a year and like it a lot.

BuckeyeBlast
02-27-2011, 05:57 PM
The Crossbreed is fairly high-end IMO, at least middle range. No problems w/ my PM9 in my CB MiniTuck.

JCP281
02-27-2011, 06:04 PM
Crossbreed FTW. You cant ask for a better holster IMO for daily use. I plan to get one for my CM9. I already had one for one of my old pistols.

Takes weight very well and keeps the pistol low.

Dietrich
02-27-2011, 06:05 PM
I have 5 Crossbreed holsters.That pretty much says it all for me.

Recycooler
02-27-2011, 06:53 PM
FWIW highnoon makes a great holster for a great price
http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Product_Line/Split_Decision/split_decision.html

I carry my cw45 in a Remora clipless holster,by far the most comfortable one I have tried for IWB
http://www.remoraholsters.com/

Cornel
02-27-2011, 07:23 PM
OK! You got my attention with that Remora (clipless) holster. How do you keep it from moving around and how do you keep it in place when you draw?... and reholster?

The CrossBreed type holsters (Galco makes one similar) are very good concealing and in cofortability. I'm slender and can wear it with shorts and t-shirts with no problem. Somewhat hard to put on at first, but later they 'mold' to you and become easier to snap in and out.

O'Dell
02-27-2011, 08:17 PM
OK! You got my attention with that Remora (clipless) holster. How do you keep it from moving around and how do you keep it in place when you draw?... and reholster?

The CrossBreed type holsters (Galco makes one similar) are very good concealing and in cofortability. I'm slender and can wear it with shorts and t-shirts with no problem. Somewhat hard to put on at first, but later they 'mold' to you and become easier to snap in and out.

The CW9 is like my use to be PM45 and is just a bit large for a pants pocket although I have done it. In a pocket holster it will work in practically any jacket however. I have a drawer full of IWB holsters, including the Crossbreed and just about everything else. I too am slender at 5' 11" and 165. I never found an IWB holster I would wear until I got a Remora. With a light gun like the CW9 it will stay put. I've even carried my heavy KP345 in it without problem. Reholstering has never been an issue with me, because if I draw my CC weapon, I'll probably be handing it to a LEO before I have to reholster. The Remora does have a model with a reinforcing strip to hold it open.

Cornel
02-27-2011, 08:52 PM
Thanks O'Dell !!!

In addition I found this other thread, here, in the forum ( http://kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?t=5184 ) and the Remora's website that answered some of my questions.

I guess I'll give a try.

JCP281
02-27-2011, 09:30 PM
Great... so now I just spent 30 bucks more because of this thread tittle. LOL

Looking forward to trying it out.

Pointedstick
02-27-2011, 09:43 PM
That Remora looks great! At $25 a pop, why not at least give it a try? Definitely added that one to my wish list. Now I see how the whole "drawer of holsters" thing starts… :D

1911fanatic
02-28-2011, 07:25 AM
Crossbreed is the way to go. I carry a 1911 and It was the same thing I ended up with a box of holsters. I asked my buddy about them and he let me borrow one for my 1911 and after 1 day I went out and bought one. Nuf said.:D

BEARDOG
02-28-2011, 07:52 AM
+ 1 more for Remora... I have a Remora holster and a mag pouch and love them!
I actually have CB supertucks, Modified Kholsters, and a Desantis Intruder for all of my pistols. They are all great holsters.
But, I use my Remora more often then the others because it works so well is comfortable and is easy to put on. I use the same #6 Remora for my G26 and my CW9 and my P12-45!!!
That is hard to believe that for $25 it works so well with so many guns. But it does.

rkirk
02-28-2011, 08:45 AM
I have a Crossbreed for my BHP and the CW9 fits like it was made for the Kahr. It is a great holster but is bigger and takes up more room than necessary for such a light pistol. I also have a Comp-Tac CTAC holster that take less room and hides the CW9 very well. Both of these holsters have two clips and can be adjusted endlessly. I think it is funny that I have tried about every adjustment for both holsters and end up putting things back the way the holsters came. You need about 1 to 2 inches of extra room pant size to wear these holster comfortably all day long!

I am no longer able to carry IWB without pain. So although I still use these holsters I am trying various OWB holsters. This is the way you end up with a box of holsters.

You will love the CW9 and welcome to the forum!

-- Richard

airuke
02-28-2011, 10:10 AM
I have a Galco Stow and Go for my CW 9 like it a lot IWB and rides low around the belt line conceals well is comfortable made well and reasonable price

Recycooler
02-28-2011, 03:04 PM
The Remora just stays put.They have one that is a size 6 with an extra spot for your other mag.You can get a sweat shield on them too.It does get a bit sweaty.I have a full carpenters tool belt sinched on all day over my cw45 in a remora.Today it was my P99

ripley16
02-28-2011, 04:34 PM
I can't tolerate IWB, so my favorite holsters are OWB. I also like a good amount of forward cant. Some of the holsters that have served me well are the;
Mitch Rosen Premier
Galco Concealable
Galco Fletch

I'm playing with a Galco Matrix MX7 to see if it may be suitable. It, like the Premier, has easy on and off snap loops which I like a lot.

BeyondTaboo
02-28-2011, 06:05 PM
I had a Kel-Tec PF9 and this was great for it, then I got the CW9 and it is just awesome. Wide enough to spread the load but very compact. I carry it at 6 o'clock and forget the CW9 is there. I know it looks/seems a little gimmicky but the construction is great and made in the USA.

http://holsterkings.com/

tconroy
02-28-2011, 06:49 PM
I have a Bianchi clip on holster from Cabela's and it works great. IWB and it was 50 bucks. I just went to the gun counter with 5 different holsters and tried them all on with a Kahr CW9 they had in stock.