PDA

View Full Version : Another PM9 Newbie

mx5fan
11-18-2009, 06:32 PM
Hi there,

I just picked up a PM9 with night sights today. This is my first Kahr and I'm really looking forward checking her out at the range.

I'm also looking forward to participating here and getting to know my way around.

Cheers,
Mx5

p.s. I thought I'd share that I'm a female....just sayin :cheer2:

Dietrich
11-18-2009, 08:23 PM
Welcome to the forum.The PM9 is a real favorite here and has a loyal following.Glad to have another lady to share her views on guns and the shooting sports.There`s lots of nice people on this forum and I hope you enjoy your time here.:yo:

jocko
11-19-2009, 05:48 AM
Hi there,

I just picked up a PM9 with night sights today. This is my first Kahr and I'm really looking forward checking her out at the range.

I'm also looking forward to participating here and getting to know my way around.

Cheers,
Mx5

p.s. I thought I'd share that I'm a female....just sayin :cheer2:

take your time with it and you will love it.

PM sent also.

kpm9
11-19-2009, 03:43 PM
yaAAA for females.

I love em!

Welcome

wagon
11-19-2009, 03:57 PM
Welcome aboard, MX5. Nice avatar!

mx5fan
11-21-2009, 08:41 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome!

I finally have some time today to clean up my new PM9 and I hope to take her to the range tomorrow for some "get acquainted" time :33:

NavJAG06
11-21-2009, 03:10 PM
A great choice. Field strip, clean and lube it AFTER looking at the manual and the Kahr video on their site. The slide retention/lock pin is a bit tricky and if you don't seat it right you will have problems. Take 200 rounds of quality ammo to the range with a friend or two and give it a breakin. Then field strip, clean, and lube and you should be good to go with confidence.

jocko
11-21-2009, 03:20 PM
A great choice. Field strip, clean and lube it AFTER looking at the manual and the Kahr video on their site. The slide retention/lock pin is a bit tricky and if you don't seat it right you will have problems. Take 200 rounds of quality ammo to the range with a friend or two and give it a breakin. Then field strip, clean, and lube and you should be good to go with confidence.

about the slide lock spring, but actualy there is no reason to screw it up putting it in. We read hundreds of reports of pM owners and that one thing is never really even brought up by them, so I think we make more to do out of that springy thing than is needed.

Very easy to see when you have it in wrong, as the slide will lock open every time, you know then that you have inserted the spring under the catch instead of over it.

zena
11-21-2009, 05:46 PM
Welcome, mx5! Glad to see another woman in here. I'm sure you'll love your little Kahr as much as the rest of us do. I don't go anywhere without mine. Seems to have become a part of me. Good luck at the range and please give us a report. :biggrin1:

mx5fan
11-21-2009, 07:06 PM
Thanks again, one and all.

Today, I stripped, cleaned and lubed my new little "friend" and all is well. Actually, I thought it was pretty easy to disassemble and reassemble, so all is well, now I just need to go to the range and do some shooting. Maybe tomorrow, although I'm in the middle of tiling my dining room floor and I really need to get that done, so we'll see.

Hmmm, tiling or shooting......decisions decisions :2rolleyes:

Dietrich
11-22-2009, 03:51 AM
All work and no play makes for a sore back.Go have yourself some fun.Remember to use your slide release to chamber the first round.Have a good time and let us know how things went.We really are interested. :)