PDA

View Full Version : Cw 40 stovepipe city

Pfondren
03-06-2011, 09:14 PM
Purchased used, returned to factory and there re-built. Have tryed many brands, and styles of ammo. Still wants to stove pipe every other mag load. Before you suggest, yes i am holding correct form.

Mits3kgt88
03-06-2011, 09:23 PM
Check your magazines' followers. I had the same thing happen to my PM40(bought used) the first time that I took it out to the range. It happened all of sudden too. I ended up having a cracked follower in the flush fit five round magazine. I swapped out the followers and the problem was resolved. Does it happen with one specific magazine?

Pfondren
03-07-2011, 11:08 AM
Purchased with only one mag and havent explored that possible cause, will check @ range today

jocko
03-07-2011, 11:23 AM
no doubt one needs to eliminatge all possable. check the mag follower, we have seen these followers in the kahr 40 break, and it will produce ur type issues. Make sure the magazine spring is on correctly. nextm ake sure the recoil spring is on correctly, open end towards the front of the slide. Next definitely let another good shooter shoot the gun to duplicate your issues. If you have to sned it back, make sure the magazine goes back with it also. and documet all that you have done to test things out, ..

Mits3kgt88
03-07-2011, 05:51 PM
What he said...geez I left alot of things out. Great reply jocko!

Pfondren
03-07-2011, 06:54 PM
All awsome advice, thanks fellas! As most often in life my soution stands as one of "the little things". Ever ben told that your lube doesnt work? Slickednit up and ran a hundred rounds in ten min without an issue. Again thanks.

Mits3kgt88
03-07-2011, 07:31 PM
You're welcome! So your mag follower was ok? Good. I had multiple failures to feed with a P40 that I had. It ended up being a lack of good lube issue too. It's amazing what something that's overlooked can do.