PDA

View Full Version : New MK40 delivered today

hollander
03-14-2011, 06:30 PM
I purchased a New MK40 2003 Elite that had a minor cosmetic blemish in the polishing. Received it today. The blemish is hardly visible. Took it apart and cleaned it and lubed it, plus racked the slide 200 times. To the range tomorrow to see how it works. Also was happy to discover it will fit with just a little stretching in my TT Gunleather highride pancake holster that I had made for my PM9. I can carry the PM9 in another holster if I decide to but it will basically be found in my pocket. Hope the MK40 works well tomorrow.

Bawanna
03-14-2011, 07:10 PM
It'll work for you, I can feel it in my bones. Get ready for a good time.

bonjorno2
03-15-2011, 06:22 PM
let me know how the range trip goes, i need help deciding between a pm or mk series in the near future!

hollander
03-15-2011, 07:58 PM
The range trip was fab-U-lous today. 200 rds Win White Box and 15rds of Speer Gold Dots. No trouble, no FTF or FTE, just kept throwing lead downrange. Took a little while to get used to the longer trigger but eventually made the adjustment. It now resides on my belt. I did put a Pearce grip extension on for the range trip since the gun is a little bit of a handful. Another 5rd grip arrives in a couple of days and will use that for regular carry. Could not be happier. BTW I had an MK9 and traded it for a Springfield EMP. Wish I would have kept it but I really love the EMP too. Maybe if I sell of couple of others an MK9 might resurface someday. Gotta love the Kahrs (P380, PM9, MK40).

Goffman
03-27-2011, 02:40 AM
The range trip was fab-U-lous today. 200 rds Win White Box and 15rds of Speer Gold Dots. No trouble, no FTF or FTE, just kept throwing lead downrange. Took a little while to get used to the longer trigger but eventually made the adjustment. It now resides on my belt. I did put a Pearce grip extension on for the range trip since the gun is a little bit of a handful. Another 5rd grip arrives in a couple of days and will use that for regular carry. Could not be happier. BTW I had an MK9 and traded it for a Springfield EMP. Wish I would have kept it but I really love the EMP too. Maybe if I sell of couple of others an MK9 might resurface someday. Gotta love the Kahrs (P380, PM9, MK40).

You've gone the route that I want to go. I have the PM9, the wife has the P380, and I'm hoping to add (eventually) an MK40. Can't justify it right now, but maybe someday.