PDA

View Full Version : CW 40 Trigger

jim4065
09-03-2009, 06:13 PM
I posted this under "Technical Support" which was evidently the wrong place. It says "moved" but not where they moved it to. Anyway, I'll try again here.

I have a definite "catch" in the trigger which is sometimes accompanied by a clicking sound. It's in the initial "take-up" and after it releases the take-up on the trigger continues until you actually get into the "trigger pull".

Called Kahr - they will "call me back". I think that it may be the spring under the "grooved part" of the slide stop. Reluctant to send it to the factory because I've been told they insist on a very expensive shipping method that costs $80 round trip. Too bad really, because it's my most accurate bottom feeder, and would be my favorite CCW handgun other than that miserable catch.

OldGuyinTN
09-03-2009, 11:51 PM
Here's a suggestion: Remove the magazine and slide, then closely observe the trigger, its pivot point, the linkage that runs back. Then insert the mag, and observe again. Lastly, look closely at the rear-most end of that transfer bar (outside of the frame, but is hidden under the mounted slide) and look for signs that it is bieng pinched. Also, how much take-up is there before getting tension on the trigger? I don't have my CW9 right here in front of me, but I don't recall much if any. It may be that your trigger is moving too far forward and hanging up on the frame. I'll look at my CW9 tomorrow & if I can think of anything else, I'll post it here.

jim4065
09-06-2009, 06:59 PM
The mag doesn't make a difference, only the slide. It has quite a bit of take up in the trigger - at least 1/4" of pull before the "catch" - then perhaps 1/10" or less from when the "catch" releases until you actually start hitting the real "trigger pull". There is no "catch" after the striker releases - that is, it doesn't "catch" unless cocked. :(

ltxi
09-06-2009, 08:03 PM
I have the same thing in my MK9 but decided to live with it. It's slight and I can mentally tune it out.

mr.72
09-08-2009, 07:57 AM
FWIW Kahr doesn't insist on the $80 round trip shipping... Fedaral Law insists that you can only use overnight shipping and FedEx is the only carrier that does it. Kahr will pay the shipping to return the gun to you as long as it is under warranty. If you ask nicely they may very well also pay for shipping to get the gun to them and it will wind up costing you nothing but time.