PDA

View Full Version : Nifty Nifty 2X50!

Bill K
03-17-2011, 02:55 PM
First time out with new PM9:

My son, a neighbor and I took turns shooting up 2 boxes of Remington 115 gr UMC. Not a single failure! Had done the" proper prep", used Tetra Grease and hand racked slide 1-2K times before shooting the gun. Used the 7 round mag 4-5 times without issue.

Did not shoot for groups. Matter of fact we started shooting into the back stop without any target. My son remembered we had 2 six packs of soda cans that had been hanging around for a year or more, ran back into the house to get them, shook them up and put them out on the sand pile. Wow was that fun! This 66 year old felt like a kid again. No pressure to perform, just breaking in the gun and shooting up soda cans.

To state the obvious... to this point I'm very pleased with my choice of the PM9 as my "Tweener".

http://media.bigoo.ws/content/icon/funny/funny_162.gif

Bill K.

Bawanna
03-17-2011, 03:21 PM
Outstanding! Don't get much better than that.

jocko
03-17-2011, 03:23 PM
um, absolutely nothing wrong in being a 66 year old man, just ask this devout Harley rider!!

Sliebl
03-17-2011, 03:30 PM
Superb! I'm sure the PM9 made a great can slayer!

wyntrout
03-17-2011, 03:46 PM
Congrats! There's nothing like targets that do something when you hit them. Woo Hoo!

I'll be 65 in June and I'm still a kid at heart.... Just ask my wife! She just turned 55 and is part of my retirement healthcare program... wheeling me around and changing my Depends or whatever. :D But that's a long way off... I hope!

Wynn:)

bonjorno2
03-17-2011, 03:59 PM
poor soda didn't stand a chance. congrats

melissa5
03-17-2011, 04:02 PM
That is great to hear, BillK! Sounds like ya'll had a lot of fun!

Bill K
03-17-2011, 05:45 PM
One thing I noticed that perhaps someone can comment on... 4-5 spent casings ejected forward of the shooter. This happened at least once to all three of us. I get this a lot with my P3ATs but never that I can remember with my Glock 26. Doesn't seem to bother the P3AT performance/reliability so can I assume the same for my new PM9?

Thanks,
Bill K.

jocko
03-17-2011, 06:41 PM
sometimes that can be a slight change of grip, or even ammo. as long as it isn't bouncing off your head, forget about it.

Izzy360
03-19-2011, 06:55 AM
@Jocko Have you ever seen that before with shells ejecting toward your face. I will be breaking my gun in today and will keep track of that. Ive never seen that and was wondering what culd make it do that

Bawanna
03-19-2011, 10:07 AM
@Jocko Have you ever seen that before with shells ejecting toward your face. I will be breaking my gun in today and will keep track of that. Ive never seen that and was wondering what culd make it do that

Lack of a firm solid grip will usually earn me a 45 case in the forehead with my PM45. It doesn't happen often, just get a little sloppy and it will wake you up.
I have yet to come up with an explanation for it since it has to be related to the extractor but thats when it happens to me. Maybe just not a solid enough stop to let the ejector do it's thing?

earle8888
03-19-2011, 01:12 PM
What kind of soda????

Bill K
03-19-2011, 01:49 PM
What kind of soda????

:) You're kidding, right? POLAR SELTZER Cranberry Lime, No Sodium... Is there another soda that folks shoot at? :D

Those cans that appear whole were actually pierced by shrapnel.

Bill K.

http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad176/bkisel/DSCF0106.jpg?t=1300563852

melissa5
03-19-2011, 05:00 PM
:) You're kidding, right? POLAR SELTZER Cranberry Lime, No Sodium... Is there another soda that folks shoot at? :D

Those cans that appear whole were actually pierced by shrapnel.

Bill K.

Dang, that sounds disgusting. I'd shoot at it! :)

Bawanna
03-19-2011, 05:04 PM
Dang, that sounds disgusting. I'd shoot at it! :)

Thank you Ms Melissa. That was my thought also but I was afraid to say it. Must be an east coast thing, I've never heard of the stuff.
My future son in law did bring back some stuff from North Carolina that was kind of like Dr Pepper but less bite, it was real good. Can't recall the name at the moment, course I can't remember what day it is either so thats just a small thing.

Bill K
03-19-2011, 05:40 PM
Thank you Ms Melissa. That was my thought also but I was afraid to say it. Must be an east coast thing, I've never heard of the stuff.
My future son in law did bring back some stuff from North Carolina that was kind of like Dr Pepper but less bite, it was real good. Can't recall the name at the moment, course I can't remember what day it is either so thats just a small thing.

NYC born and raised. Can remember being in Viet Nam (or was it while in California just before being deployed?) and a bunch of us Marines were talking about the simple stuff we missed about home. One of the Southern Boys talked about missing RC & Moon Pie. I asked what the heck is RC & Moon Pie; the guys looked at me like I was the dumbest jarhead in the Corps and then laughed there butts off at my cultural ignorance.

Bill K.

melissa5
03-19-2011, 05:41 PM

I figure if he's shooting at it, it's not something he really likes or it is very cheap to buy. I'm in GA and have never heard of it. Coke is my preferred beverage.

Bawanna
03-19-2011, 05:50 PM
I figure if he's shooting at it, it's not something he really likes or it is very cheap to buy. I'm in GA and have never heard of it. Coke is my preferred beverage.

Darn, our first disagreement. I'm a Pepsi man through and through.

Until a few years ago we didn't have Pabst Blue Ribbon out here. Imagine life without Pabst Blue Ribbon. Went down real well in the fields of MO cutting sileage and such. Remember when my uncle got an air conditioned tractor. He'd say come on out time for lunch, I'd say just hand it in I ain't coming out.

earle8888
03-19-2011, 06:57 PM
OK, Thanks. never heard of it BUT looked like great fun.

MikeyKahr
03-19-2011, 09:12 PM

Maybe Mr. Pibb??

Bawanna
03-20-2011, 12:06 AM
Maybe Mr. Pibb??

Nah, it was like Mr. Pibb but not a common name like that. I'll figure it out.