PDA

View Full Version : Best P380 pocket holster, hands down.

kahrking
03-17-2011, 09:53 PM
Everyone is always interested in P380 pocket holsters on the forum so I told "Cokeman" I would do a post with pics and info on IMO is the best P380 pocket holster and all Kahr holsters hands down.

This holster and ALL my Kahr holsters are handmade by Jackson Leather works. I found this guy years ago when I was looking for a appendix holster for PM40 and as a custom holster maker he had the perfect holster for all my Kahrs.

The inside is full leather and the outside is suede leather. The suede keeps the holster in place and stays put in my pocket. The suede and the hook keeps the holster in the pocket when I draw. Its sturdy and does not colapse when I re-holster.

When I last talked to him he also has the same holster I have without the hook which makes it perfect for smaller pockets or back pocket, briefcase, handbag, etc?

Here are the pics of mine let me know what you think.

Cokeman
03-17-2011, 10:55 PM
I saw that his grandpa is Don Hume.

We need to see what else you have.

kahrking
03-17-2011, 11:18 PM
I saw that his grandpa is Don Hume.

We need to see what else you have.

Holsters? I have an appendix carry, a couple pockets, a thumb break, a standard IWB.

I just read that on the site that he is Don Hume's grandson, I never took the time to read his site.

I'm most impressed with the fact he has Kahrs (the actual guns) and he does NOT use blue guns or lead guns. He told me the only way to build holsters and guarantee fit and ride (carry) was with the actual gun. He says you cant tell if the holster racks the slide when holstering or presses the mag release on a blue gun.

On his holsters he uses the actual gun loaded to adjust the drop and balance based on the carry weight. He says he sometimes has to lift or lower the ride height to achieve the best balance.

I can see the balance and fit in my holsters as I have had other holsters that rode to high and would be top heavy and cut into my side, etc.

I can post some of my other holster pics if your interested.

kahrking
03-17-2011, 11:21 PM
Here are pics without my P380 in the holster.

Cokeman
03-17-2011, 11:30 PM
Yeah, let's see them all.

Does he have them pre-made or is there a wait time?

kahrking
03-18-2011, 12:06 AM
Yeah, let's see them all.

Does he have them pre-made or is there a wait time?

I think the first one I had it at my door in about 14days or so but the 2nd one was quicker. Extremely quick turn around time for custom made!

I know when I called him to order my pocket holster it was in hand sooner than he told me, no complaints on quicker than quoted delivery time.

My buddy got lucky when he ordered his IWB and they had one made so his arrived super quick. You might check with your local gun shop to see if they have them in stock first ?

HadEmAll
03-18-2011, 05:46 AM
I'm glad you added "IMO" in your post.

I have a $13 Blackhawk #1 I bought at Academy that works just fine. I only had to wait for the cashier to ring it up. Unfortunately, at present, it works better than the P380 itself.

kahrking
03-18-2011, 10:00 AM
I'm glad you added "IMO" in your post.

I have a $13 Blackhawk #1 I bought at Academy that works just fine. I only had to wait for the cashier to ring it up. Unfortunately, at present, it works better than the P380 itself.

Definately "IMO".

"One size fits all" has never worked for me. Good luck with that P380 and let everyone know what you find out with it.

Cokeman
03-20-2011, 08:41 PM
Are you going to post pics of the rest of the holsters?

kahrking
03-20-2011, 09:46 PM

Cokeman-I forgot. I will post pics, stay tuned.

kahrking
03-20-2011, 09:51 PM

Here is a pic from my 1st post. I will post some better pics later.

http://kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?t=5877

Cokeman
03-24-2011, 12:15 AM
Cool! You have a lot of Kahrs.

kahrking
03-30-2011, 10:11 PM
Here are pics without my P380 in the holster.

This P380 pocket holster was $35. He also had them for the PM's with or without the hook for smaller pockets.

For a hand made suede leather holster I think its a steal.

Cokeman
05-01-2011, 11:39 PM
Does the outside rub smooth over time?

kahrking
05-02-2011, 09:02 PM
Does the outside rub smooth over time?

Nope it hasnt rubbed smooth, but every once in a while I grab a hand towel and kinda wipe it (rough it up) to remove the lint and pocket junk that collects on it off . I need to get a suede shoe brush at the store next time I’m out.

My black P380 holster in the pic is over a year old and looks like it did when I had it made. I like the suede as it doesnt seem to mark, scratch, or wrinkle or show wear much at all.

My pocket holster seems to get/fit better the more I carry it as its now conformed to the curve of my leg/pocket. My P380 is perfect, I don’t carry my PM40 in my front pocket as much as the P380 as I usually drop it in my cargo pockets, the hook does a descent job of keeping it upright, I’m impressed.

I talked to them, the guy who makes all my custom Kahr holsters and he is now making his pocket holster without the hook for smaller pockets and pockets that have rounded side like dress pants, etc.

I’m going to order a couple as that would be perfect for an inside jacket pocket, my hoodie, my Carhart breast pocket, center console in my truck, etc. I thought that was a damn fine idea and about time.

Cokeman
05-02-2011, 09:18 PM
What are the dimensions? I can't see them on the site.

kahrking
05-02-2011, 09:40 PM
What are the dimensions? I can't see them on the site.

I just pulled out my P380 pocket holster and it is aprox 4.5" wide at the bottom and 4" tall in the front and 5" tall in the back. If you look at the pics the back has a body guard to keep the slide off you and has a bump at the top that’s used to eject the holster away from the gun upon draw. It works unbelievably well. I can’t say enough good thing about this bad boy, and its affordable.

You can also get a feel for the size with the gun in it in the pics the PM style has the same fit.

My PM pocket holster isn’t much bigger at all.

Cokeman
05-02-2011, 09:49 PM
I'm thinking I might have to get one. Black or brown though?

kahrking
05-02-2011, 11:39 PM
I'm thinking I might have to get one. Black or brown though?

I bought a black one first and liked it so much I ordered a brown one when I ordered my thumb break holster from them.

Post a pic when you get yours.