PDA

View Full Version : A&G Grip Extender for P9/PM9

melissa5
03-18-2011, 12:27 PM
Here's the pocket rocket wearing an A&G Grip Extender on the 7-round mag. I haven't had any recent problems with the 7-round mag except it pinching my finger. But, don't you think it looks better and should provide more stability for the mag? Hopefully, it will not cause any problems when shooting next week. If not, I'll be ordering one the for 8-round mag that is in the mail.

I'll still carry the PM9 with the 6-round mag loaded, but lots of backup never hurts!

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/6475/dscn1958zu.jpg

Bawanna
03-18-2011, 12:51 PM
Does it bite you with the extender in place? Doesn't look like theres much of a pinch gap there now.

The only downfall I can see with those on spare mags is the bulk of the extender sticking out of a mag pouch. Maybe not as bad as it seems but certainly more bulk than a mag without. Be real nice for range though either way.

I agree, lots of backup is a good thing.

melissa5
03-18-2011, 01:05 PM
Does it bite you with the extender in place? Doesn't look like theres much of a pinch gap there now.

The only downfall I can see with those on spare mags is the bulk of the extender sticking out of a mag pouch. Maybe not as bad as it seems but certainly more bulk than a mag without. Be real nice for range though either way.

I agree, lots of backup is a good thing.

I haven't fired it yet with the extender on there. There's no bite/pinch on my Glock 30SF when using the extender. I could have snugged the extender up on the mag a little more, but then I had to really slap the bottom of the mag to seat it.

Yeah, it's a little bigger.

http://img806.imageshack.us/img806/9436/dscn1960.jpg

Bawanna
03-18-2011, 01:39 PM
Oh I gottcha now. The original base was pinching. I'd forgotten the 7 rounder had that little extra base. The extender should be way more better.

Snak3
03-18-2011, 08:36 PM
http://img.jesper.nu/view/974/me-rikey.jpg

Those look MUCH better than the extended ones provided by Kahr. Thanks, I'll make sure to pick up a few of these for my PM9 I'm getting next week. Probably gives it the grip equivalent of the P9 I assume?

Izzy360
03-19-2011, 01:11 AM
I have one of the for my pm9. I personally think the pierce grip for the 6 round mag looks way better than that but thAt extension looks better than the factory. I'm going to the range to do my break-in. Will post a range report. Good luck to you

melissa5
03-21-2011, 05:28 PM
Thanks, Izzy360!

I went to the range today and am happy to report that the grip extender didn't cause any failures and it didn't pinch the way the factory extenders do. FWIW, the grip extender does not look as good on the 8-round mags. I think I will see if Kahr will trade the 8-rounder for another 7-rounder.

Snak3
03-21-2011, 08:05 PM
I'm getting my first Kahr, a PM9 this week. I took the liberty of ordering one of these grip extensions for the 7 rounder, as well as 2 Pearce grip extensions for my 6 rounder (they came in a pack 2).

Thanks for posting this. It made my decision easy with what to do with the 7 rounder. No offense to Kahr, their pistols are awesome, but their base plate for the 7 rounder is fugly.

melissa5
03-21-2011, 08:38 PM
You're welcome! Hope it works as good for you as it is working for me.

AJChenMPH
04-05-2011, 08:42 AM
FWIW, the grip extender does not look as good on the 8-round mags.
Bump to the top -- were you trying the same extender on the 8-round mag? I'd imagine there'd be a pretty big gap since the 8-round mag is longer.

Thanks!

melissa5
04-05-2011, 08:48 AM
Bump to the top -- were you trying the same extender on the 8-round mag? I'd imagine there'd be a pretty big gap since the 8-round mag is longer.

Thanks!

The bottom of the mag sticks out since the extender is snugged up against the bottom of the grip. It just looks like the 7-round mag without the extender.

AJChenMPH
04-05-2011, 01:26 PM
Got it, thanks -- for a split second, I thought you had found a grip extender that filled the entire gap on the 8-round mag, and was going to ask for a part number. :)

jmb_nova
04-05-2011, 03:26 PM
Cool find!

Why all the hate for the standard Kahr extensions? I love them; feel free to send them my way if you dont want them!

:)

ming
04-05-2011, 04:46 PM
Cool find!

Why all the hate for the standard Kahr extensions? I love them; feel free to send them my way if you dont want them!

:)
What is the standard Kahr extension (for a six round mag) and where can I find one?