PDA

View Full Version : I'll be guinea pig on a new shop - CW45 - Jet Guns

TheTman
03-23-2011, 08:12 PM
I just placed an order for a CW45 with a new shop I haven't heard of.
I read on the net that Bud's Gun shop in Paris KY was bought out by Jet Guns. They had a very good price on a CW45 so I placed my order.
I'm thinking they probably got a good price on Bud's inventory and is passing it on to get rid of the old stock. Just my guess.
Here's the kicker, delivered price was $356.00 insured. It was listed at $352, and insurance was $4.00, with free shipping. Sounds too good to be true, but hopefully VISA will back me up if it's a scam. Had good luck with VISA and bogus charges before. At that price I figured I'd better hop on it before they sold out. And, I just looked and the CW45 is no longer listed. They have a CW9 for $341. I'm going to keep checking and see if it goes away too. Some of the shopping cart software keeps track of inventory and deletes items that have sold out. They had pretty good prices on some other Kahrs too, mostly 40's and 9's, 1 pink P380, and 1 P45. They have a PM40 with the CTLaser for $689.
Jet's order confirmation said the gun would be at my FFL in 3-5 business days. And they did send me an email confirming my order. Now have to wait and see if it's for real or not. You can go to jetguns.com and check them out if you want too. They carry most of the major gun makers. Probably anything Bud's carried. They didn't have anything up for Glock yet. But they had listings for Taurus, S&W, SIG, Ruger, and a lot of the others.

JCP281
03-23-2011, 08:17 PM
They are legit, I know a few who have bought from them.

TheTman
03-23-2011, 08:29 PM
Thanks for the info JCP281. That really helps put my mind at ease. I couldn't find out very much about them searching the net. I don't like to do business with unknowns, but that price was so damn attractive. Beats the best delivered price I've seen by over $50.

Fedor
03-23-2011, 08:39 PM
That's a heck of a deal, I thought I did good at $384.99 + tax for mine.

eastenn
03-23-2011, 09:07 PM
good deal indeed. they had a m&p9c at a great price about a month ago that i was really tempted to buy, but i resisted.

Fulton_722
03-23-2011, 09:31 PM
I see this post after I just ordered a CW9 from Bud's today for $369 + $9 for insured shipping. I could have had a couple boxes of 9mm's with that savings ... :)

TheTman
03-24-2011, 08:11 AM
Wow Fulton, I'm usually the one that happens too. I just stumbled on the Jet Gun site, was following a link from here to slickguns.com and kept seeing offers from this Jet Guns, so I thought I'd check out their site. They still have the CW9. Can you cancel your order with Bud's? Although you may be better off sticking with a known company, rather than a newer company. One reason I took the chance was they had an excellant rating on Gunbroker. 1200+ guns sold there, with only 6 bad comments.
Got an email this morning saying that my gun will be shipped today. Gonna call my FFL and let them know it's coming and see if they have done business with them before.

Note added: My FFL had never heard of them, but a friend has a rifle on the way from Jet.

Fulton_722
03-24-2011, 07:59 PM
Wow Fulton, ... Can you cancel your order with Bud's? ...

No ... I'll just stick with Bud's ... I'm happy with the $369 price for the CW9 and I got an extra mag for another $28 which seems like a fair price.

tconroy
03-24-2011, 08:18 PM
my B-I-L. got a PK380 walther really cheap from them and shipping was right on time. Good reviews on them also.

TheTman
03-25-2011, 07:53 AM
Gun was shipped yesterday, got the UPS tracking info. Will be at my FFL monday. Going to be a LOOOONG weekend, LOL. I couldn't believe the price. I been looking at the CW45 for a couple months, checking prices here and there, and that $352 just sounded too good to be true. Best price I'd seen before was someone mentioned Bud's had them at $410 I believe. I don't see how they are making any money on this, after paying for 2nd day shipping and all. Maybe they just wanted to get it off the shelf. Maybe it's blemished. I don't care if it shoots well. This time I'll have Jocko's stickies to get the gun prepped and lubed before I go shooting. Didn't do that with the CW40 and had a few issues. I think I had the CW40 about a week before I saw the stickies.
Think I should get the pink handall jr. for the .45 so I can tell em apart? LOL. I'm sure they guys at the range would get a good laugh out of it.

bonjorno2
03-25-2011, 09:25 AM
Got my p380 for 445 shipped from buds and a sw 638 for 324 shipped both brand new!

bonjorno2
03-25-2011, 09:27 AM
They have a leo/military section that sell them cheaper than my local stores.

TheTman
03-25-2011, 10:33 AM
Yeah, I kept seeing the CW45 at $378 in that section. Thought about having a cop friend order one and sell it to me.

Sambo
03-26-2011, 07:03 AM
I'm expecting my cw45 from buds on Monday and paid 370 shipped. I thought I got the deal of a lifetime. I did find a local ffl that charges only a 5 dollar background fee though. How much are you guys paying?

jlottmc
03-26-2011, 11:56 AM
I have a new guy that I want to talk to and will after this month he charges 10, there is a pawn shop across town that charges I think 20, but those guys had not a clue and wanted me to believe that they did.

TheTman
03-26-2011, 12:37 PM
I'm paying $20 to the FFL for the transfer, wow $5 would be awesome, what a great deal! Looks like we'll end up paying about the same total cost Sambo.
Some the dealers want $40 or more around here. The 2 local indoor ranges seem to be the worst on gun prices and transfer fees.

joeyvco
03-30-2011, 07:47 PM
got my CW45 from Scott Harrop @ High desert Tactical in New Mexico for $410.00 delivered, & like $30.00 per extra mag. Good guy to deal with does what he says he's gonna. Gun was on Guns America's site, overall good experience dealing with Scott !

TheTman
04-01-2011, 10:32 PM
Just wanted to say that Jet delivered by 2nd day air, my gun was at my shop on Monday. Background check delayed me 2 days, they got the ok right before closing time Wednesday. Picked up the gun on Thursday. Couldn't find any blems or anything to cause them to mark it down to such a low price. They must have been getting rid of old stock left over from Bud's or something. I did Jocko's prep and lubed it and racked the slide a couple hundred times so far. Probably hit the indoor range Monday or Tuesday morning and see how she shoots. Weekends are too damn busy. Anxious to see how she compares to my buddies Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry. The Kimber only has about 50 rounds through it, so it's not really broke in yet. My buddy can't stand and shoot for very long with his back and neck problems. Hope they have a chair we can borrow. Gonna take my full sized 1911 to give me a reference on how well I'm shooting that day. I'll post my range report with pictures soon as I can. Hopefully I'll have fewer problems than when I broke in my CW40. Hadn't found this forum yet, and didn't do any prep to it other than make sure it was well oiled.