PDA

View Full Version : Newbie here...Hello to all

joe d
03-24-2011, 01:32 PM
Hello all...great forum here...been lurking for a while...wife is about to pick up a CW9 for herself and I'm waiting on the CM9 for me...These will be our first Kahrs...I'm not entirely new to handguns and I currently cc a PF9 switching out with an S&W 640 /357 and sometimes an LCP when necessary...I rented a PM9 a little while back and was greatly impressed with the size and quality of performance...To be honest though,I just couldn't justify the $700 price tag at the time...Needless to say upon hearing about the CM9,I'm pretty excited...I'm hoping it will be all it should be...I own a couple of full size hanguns as well, but as of late I'd like to comfortably carry whatever I purchase...I've become a big fan of pocket carry or as close as I can keep it to that...Anyway,hello to all and I'm sure I could learn a lot on this friendly forum...

jocko
03-24-2011, 01:35 PM
indeed welcome and your wife is certainly gettng a dandy gun there to. It might be awhile before u see a cm9, so just keep looking for a super price on the pm9.. It it cost $100 more, but it for the features it offers and also for the fact that you can have it now. Don't depend on a dealer telling u he can get u a cm9. They are going to be scarce, as what comes in the back door will go out of the front door the same day. These guns are going to be sellers big time and for me I wouldnot let a $100 difference keep me from buying it now over maybe waiting ????? how many months??? You can't shoot the Bad Gun, if the gun is ON ORDER..

Dietrich
03-24-2011, 02:59 PM
Hello and welcome to KahrTalk,the forum where men are men and sheep are nervous.I saw a thread yesterday with info about GT Distributors having PM9s for sale at the low price of $519.95.It might be worth a look if you`re interested.

DriveMyKahr
03-24-2011, 03:27 PM
Hey Joe, welcome to the forum. My experience here has been nothing short of stellar. The guys here on the forum collectively are a great resource for any questions or issues you may have. I agree with Jocko. PM9s are selling at great prices. My daughter got her CCW permit yesterday and this weekend we are going shopping to buy her first pistol. I bought a PM9 a few months ago and have been happy as a kid with a new toy. Kahr makes quality firearms. You will not be disappointed regardless of which model you buy.

bonjorno2
03-24-2011, 04:21 PM
welcome, i've been watching gunbroker and i've seen used kahr pm9's with night sights going for less than 500 shipped.

2edgesword
03-24-2011, 04:45 PM
From one Kahr newbie to another, welcome.

joe d
03-24-2011, 04:46 PM
Thank you all... I have an email in to GT Dist. about their availability...If I could grab a PM9 at a fair price I would definitely consider it ! I really loved the one I rented...Also Checking Gunbroker as well...All advice is much appreciated...