PDA

View Full Version : Finally found time

Fedor
03-26-2011, 07:02 PM
My Wife and I took the CCW class today. Now we need to break in our CW45 pistols and figure out how we want to carry.
I would appreciate any tips and links from the experienced folks out there.
Thanks

CJB
03-26-2011, 07:10 PM
Clean your Kahr's really well. Lube as indicated in one of the several good lube threads here. Rack those slides a BUNCH, dry fire if you want to. When racking slides, fully back is what you want. You dont need to let it fly forward if you dont want to. Repeated compressions is whats called for.

After a few hundred cycles of the slide, you should notice that the recoil spring has become a little less stiff - normal. Clean your pistols again, as all that racking will have worn rough spots on the slide, rails and barrel down a little bit.

Now go shoot!

Then report back here (with lots of pictures!!!!)

HadEmAll
03-27-2011, 01:34 AM
Husband and wife CCW. That's great. You can have each other's back. And twin CW45's is awesome too. I vote y'all couple of the year.

Some people don't like fanny packs, but I think they are great. At least take a look at Tommy's Original Gun Pack. Very comfortable, and a good way to carry extra magazines also. The medium would fit the CW45. Lot of patterns and colors.

They routinely have sales half price and less.

Easy to find by Googling. Both the manufacturer, and also on YouTube.

I'm sure others will be along to recommend good holsters.

Goffman
03-27-2011, 02:31 AM
My Wife and I took the CCW class today. Now we need to break in our CW45 pistols and figure out how we want to carry.
I would appreciate any tips and links from the experienced folks out there.
Thanks

My wife and I took our CCW class together last year (although it's a "CPL" here in MI). If you are thinking about IWB carry (which many people do), I highly recommend Remora holsters (http://remoraholsters.com/). I tried a bunch of different holsters for my several handguns, spent entirely too much money on leather, and then settled on the very inexpensive Remora. I occassionally use a leather OWB from Lobo Gun Leather (http://www.lobogunleather.com/) for my revolvers, and I may buy one for my PM9 as well, but 95% of the time I use a Remora. Frankly, I can't imagine a more comfortable or concealable IWB holster, and you'll soon discover that comfort and concealability in one package are hard to find.

jocko
03-27-2011, 06:16 AM
FEDER; go to the kahr trech section and hit on the kahr lube chart and aqlso propper prepping of your new kahr, both are stickys and are very good to help your first trip a winner...

500KV
03-27-2011, 06:58 AM
Fedor, here's what you need to do to that CW45...Seriously.

http://i866.photobucket.com/albums/ab225/500KV_album/cid_5A4B1B690D654E6F9A0BBB3D31081574bonusroom.gif

Fedor
03-27-2011, 08:22 AM
I have already cleaned & prepped both pistols per the tech section, now we need to shoot those 200 rounds of hardball.
Thanks for the reponses.

Fedor
03-28-2011, 10:02 AM
The application is on the way, now the wait begins.