PDA

View Full Version : P9 vs PM9 - advantages?? P vs PM series

kpm9
03-28-2011, 11:58 AM
I have both and besides pocket carry, are there any real advantages of having a PM9 over a P9????

I see the P9 as having the advantage in full grip, and not much heavier. Why not just use the P9? I don't pocket carry my PM9 and I shoot them equally as well and from concealment (IWB carry) the P9 draws easier due to the full grip.

I like others thought on this. Maybe you've thought of something I have not.

Bawanna
03-28-2011, 12:15 PM
I'm with you. For your application everything is in favor of the P. It's all size. Take away the pocket concealment issue and the P wins all categories. Better grip, longer sight radius, more capacity. IWB or OWB the slightly larger size isn't a negative at all.

The PM? Well it wins hands down in the cute category. And if you ever want to pocket or deep conceal, it becomes the new leader and all time favorite.

Nothing wrong with your powers of observation that I can tell anyhow.

jocko
03-28-2011, 12:44 PM
One has to decide if he is gonna pocket carry, then the PM9 comes totally into play. If your gonna waist band carry, then IMO the P9 would be the best choice by far. So to me it is not the gun itself but just how you intend to carry it.

For me it is the PM9 as it is in my front pocket 24/7. I will not waist band carry. I can wear a T-shirt and still pocket carry, I can't do that comfortably with waist band carry, so for me it is a no brainer. Internals are all the same.

kpm9
03-28-2011, 12:55 PM
yea, I IWB carry the PM and P all the time. That extra 1/2 inch in the grip length makes a huge difference in draw, but not in the amount it prints for the P. I've gotten used to carrying much larger guns IWB, so it's pretty negligible.

I don't even use my desantis pocket carry holster anymore.

Bill K
03-28-2011, 01:16 PM
FOR ME, what you guys see as a plus, that being the larger P9 grip, I see as a negative. I've been carrying and shooting my P3AT and Glock 26 so long that I've come to prefer a two finger grip with my pinky under and against the mag base plate. A three finger grip has actually now become sort of awkward feeling to me. I do believe I'm in the minority but that's just the way it is.

Yes, I did choose the PM9 for pocket carry.

Bill K.

toptog
03-28-2011, 01:25 PM
I'm not a big guy 5'8" 130lbs. I don't mind the shorter grip of the PM9 at all. Plus that little bit of extra concealability goes a long way for me. I plan on carrying it IWB when I'm done breaking it in.

For pocket I use I planned on my P380, but I carry that IWB just to free up my pockets for keys, phone, cigs, lighter, and extra mag, etc.

Guess I just like smaller guns.

kpm9
03-28-2011, 01:46 PM
Toptog, that's just it, I have a P380 for pocket carry that I use more in that fashon.

Jeff00042
03-28-2011, 06:14 PM
I'm about Topdog's size. In find that for IWB, the half inch shorter grip on the PM9 makes quite a difference in concealability. For pocket carry, I occasionally use my PM9 but usually my LCP. Gave up on my P380 and sold it.

Jeff00042
03-28-2011, 06:14 PM
Ooops. That should read Toptog not Topdog.