PDA

View Full Version : Rango

getsome
03-28-2011, 12:49 PM
My son wanted to go see the animated movie "Rango" Sunday so I gave in and said ok...I normally don't care for animated movies but there have been a few that were very good like the Toy Story movies and Madagascar come to mind but most seem to be thrown together and produced in 3D for some wow factor so I wasn't hoping for much from Rango but this was a pretty good and entertaining movie and if you like westerns (I do) you will like this film and you will recognize little pieces of real westerns interlaced into Rango...It has a good plot and after a while you forget its a cartoon because the animation is done very well and the whole thing seems more like a real movie...It has a good ending and you can take children or grandchildren withour fear of F bombs flying everywhere...If you like movies give it a shot...

Dietrich
03-28-2011, 12:56 PM
Way to go Getsome.Good to see a Dad taking the time to do things with his kid.Especially when he thinks he`s not going to like it and gets pleasantly surprised.Kind of makes it easier the next time.Well done.

MW surveyor
03-28-2011, 09:16 PM
If you want the DVD and understand spanish, I can get a copy for you. Eating lunch in a very small town in Mexico today, guy walking around through the restraunt selling copies already! Man, talk about getting the jump on business.

JohnR
03-29-2011, 08:08 AM
Rango was outstanding.

Interesting plot about corrupt government officials controlling the "money" supply, and how they only way to stop it is to grow a pair.