PDA

View Full Version : K9 or CM9 dilemma

PaiN
04-01-2011, 09:43 AM
I want to talk about a small dilemma and get some "onions" from the forum on what to do. So thanks in advance.
The basic question is; Should I sell my K9 and get a CM9?
I impulse bought a Glock19 not to long ago and I love the weapon, its definitely a do all 9mm. However, I can't afford nor do I really want a 3rd 9mm. The K9 is awesome(as you all know) but I really would be more comfortable and happier with a smaller/lighter pistol(CM9) for summer carry and EDC for that matter. My intention before the G19 was to buy a CM9, move the K9 into the range gun and carry sometimes role. That's all changed since the Glock19 fills all the K9's rolls and more, I have to decide if I want to keep the K9 as EDC or sell it and get the CM9 for EDC.
I'm leaning strong toward the CM...

Bawanna
04-01-2011, 09:46 AM
The CM should certainly be easier and lighter to carry. I really like the K9's. I guess case in point is my K40 is doing safe duty while the PM45 rides with me all the time. I like the K but the PM just rides better.

Course both are just back ups but comfort and ease of carry will win the day.

I do hate to see you chance seller remorse parting with your K9 but I think the CM will fill the bill better.

jocko
04-01-2011, 10:48 AM
Painb: I think you already know what ur gonna do, u just want us to tell you to sell the K9 if it is going to be a safe queen and get a cm9. Personallyt you won't look back anhd regret it. Being you have the G19 that like you said does it all and well u will love the cm9. But remember the K9 and cm9 are really two totally differenbt guns, size, weight, feel, steel vs polymer. course you love your plastic glock so ur not lowering yourself at all.

Here is what I would do.

BUY THAT FOKKING CM9... and then just shoot it like you stole it.. and if yhou truly hate it, give me a call!!!

Willieboy
04-01-2011, 12:47 PM
I just can't bring myself to suggest you get rid of your K9. Sorry.

PaiN
04-01-2011, 01:51 PM
I just can't bring myself to suggest you get rid of your K9. Sorry.
I know, it is such a damn good weapon.....
I also know, with a CM9 the K9 won't get carried. The G19 will get used for all the other stuff I do with a 9mm, plate and IDPA type shooting.
There will be no place for the K9 and I can't keep a gun I don't use.

Bawanna
04-01-2011, 02:00 PM
Yup get with twoguns or your local dealer and order up a CM.

I have a special place I store guns that I don't use if that helps at all, I can send you my address.

I do this as a public service.

jocko
04-01-2011, 02:05 PM
good ol bawanna, always wanting to help a fellow kahr talk member. Damn whatta a guy!!!!!!!!!!!

wyntrout
04-01-2011, 02:07 PM
My K9 doesn't get carried, but fulfills a spot for a close-at-hand pistol for my computer area. All of my pistols have this for at least a home-defense position throughout the house, loaded and ready for use.
If I don't have it on already, I stick the P380 IWB before going outside or answering the door.

I don't feel that I have enough pistols! I still don't have one in the critical location in the bathroom... in the shower stall. That's where all the action happens in the movies. The hero or heroine gets home, takes the gun off first thing and then takes a shower. Of course that's when the BG(s) strike!

I guess I could move my SS TPH from the toilet area to the shower in a plastic baggie and put another pistol there... the K9... and then put the as yet unassigned Champion 1911 where the K9 was. Hmmm... problem(?) solved. :D

Wynn:D

PaiN
04-01-2011, 03:25 PM
I still don't have one in the critical location in the bathroom... in the shower stall. That's where all the action happens in the movies.
The Shower.....:eek:
http://www.craigerscinemacorner.com/Images/psycho%20shower.jpg

In other news....I put the K9 up and I'm a little sad, but I know its the right thing to do.

HadEmAll
04-01-2011, 04:14 PM
I miss my K40, but the CW40 and PM40 just carry easier, and had the K40 relegated to mostly sitting in the safe, and only getting out because I felt guilty.

I had the K40 for 10 years, and it was a good friend.

I like to think the new owner will have it out shooting it more often than I did in the last few years.

You'll miss your K9, but time will make it better.

Willieboy
04-01-2011, 06:00 PM
I understand your dilema PaiN. I'd just rather give up a little used bodyily organ than my K9. Virtually evey time I've let go of a gun I've regretted it. The bodily organs I've lost however... who cares?

MikeyKahr
04-01-2011, 06:23 PM
I put the K9 up and I'm a little sad, but I know its the right thing to do.

So, how can I help take the K9 off your hands? Please advise.

PaiN
04-01-2011, 06:31 PM
You know what's odd about me(or maybe it is all the rest of you that are odd and I'm okay :rolleyes:...) I have never been able to from attachments to inanimate objects...The K9 for example, feels great, is utterly reliable, very accurate and has been my(and the family's) protector.... Past its usefulness too me for all those qualities I don't "care" about it. My concern in selling is that I get a replacement that works as well.

PaiN
04-01-2011, 06:33 PM
So, how can I help take the K9 off your hands? Please advise.
PM me and I'll link you to the local ad I made, if you like, we can talk.

ltxi
04-01-2011, 07:19 PM
I completely understand the problem.

Wife wanted a PM9 for a carry gun. Then didn't like/feel comfortable with it and decided she wanted a K9 'cause she could shoot it better and I inherited the PM9 which I now carry most of the time. Then the K9 was too large and heavy so she she moved to an MK9 for purse carry. Both of our bedside guns are tuned 3" S&W .357 K-Frames. Car console guns are dnc, appliance Glocks. And when clothing permits, my carry piece becomes a custom Colts LW Officer's ACP.

So I also have a K9, complete with DelFatti leather nonetheless, that's lost its real place despite it's being an excellent firearm. Currently doing duty as an easy access cabinet gun in a far corner of the house.

kpm9
04-01-2011, 07:25 PM
get a P9, they carry as easily as the PM\CM size pistols.
You'll regret getting rid of the K9, especially for a C series pistol.

Steve-$
04-01-2011, 09:59 PM
My personal opinion would be to keep the K9, sell the Glock19 and get a P9.

You would still have 2 pistols that would interchange in holsters and would be able to use the magazines in either pistol.

This would also give you a choice of which one to carry.

Good Luck,

:)