PDA

View Full Version : Mag release too protuberant on P45

vinson
04-03-2011, 12:02 PM
My mag release on my P45 sticks out so far that the magazine is being released when I sit in my car seat with a Crossbreed Supertuck holster being worn in the 4oclock position. What can I do to fix this. I can't cut out the holster as the mag release will then stick into my back. Is there a smaller mag release available?

jocko
04-03-2011, 12:52 PM
Here is whart I would do: FILE IT DOWN/DREMEL it down to get it where you want it to be. At the worst you can do is ruiin the magazine release and have to buy another one and at the best you can do is succeed in doing a nice job. simpleyt birchwood blue will retouch it up for you like new.

no smaller release is availalbe, but to my knowlege ur one of the first to complain about it. Hell people contour/modify the slide stop lever, why not the magazine button???

gb6491
04-03-2011, 01:04 PM
vinson,
I posted a link to Crossbreed's suggested fix for this in your other thread on the subject. (http://kahrtalk.com/showpost.php?p=63406&postcount=2)
Regards,
Greg

jocko
04-03-2011, 02:04 PM
nice work gb6491. looks like it is not a kahr problem but a crossbread thing, that is certainly fixable. Again nice work, pointing the way for people in need.

vinson
04-03-2011, 06:40 PM
Thanx gb6491. I had the same idea. I took a large punch with a hammer and smashed the leather down in a circular pattern where the mag release would be and then made a ramp to it in the same manner so the release wouldn't catch when removing the firearm from the holster. I just tested it on a 45 ride in the car and it worked well. Thanx again for your response.