PDA

View Full Version : Doesn't look right.....

gagnejs8
04-06-2011, 06:25 PM
So I was just putting on my THIRD Crimson due to fit issues, and I just noticed this notch on the slide rail. This is def not normal is it? I didn't notice it any of the last 2 times cleaning the gun. I've probably only got 450 rounds thru the gun.

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i340/gagnejs8/IMG_2516.jpg

jocko
04-06-2011, 06:27 PM
it sure in the hell is normal. If u read kahrs manual or webb site in *** it tells you that is a vendor mark. Not a thing wrong with your gun. Now just shoot it like u stole it. Probably been discussed a few dozen times on this forum also...

also while I am at it , if you look at that photo u will see the front side portion looks like it has a buldge, bulge. It does and it is there by design, again normal and nothing wrong..

gagnejs8
04-06-2011, 06:32 PM
I seem remember a thread called "the notch" but I couldn't seem to dig it up.

Thanks jocko!

jocko
04-06-2011, 06:39 PM
no the notch was another thing on the kahr 45's. your OK, prep the gun good, keep it lubed and evidenbtly it is going bang every time to, so that is great. Great gun, is it a PM9?? Kinda looks like it might be. They really smooth out alot at around round 30,000, mine is very smooth!!!

gagnejs8
04-06-2011, 06:42 PM
Yeah its a PM9, and a virgin at 450 compared to 30,000

lwj
04-06-2011, 08:31 PM
This is from Kahr Q&A " Q. There is a chip in the metal guide rail of my polymer pistol. Is this normal?

A. This is a witness mark for the polymer frame manufacturer and is present by design."

CJB
04-06-2011, 08:48 PM
I believe that mark besides being "a witness mark", is actually an alignment device that allows the inner frame to be properly set in the polymer mold's fixture. Or rather, thats what they mean by "witness mark". I've seen other (non firearms related) insert molding fixtures, and they pretty much will do that if there is something other than a cylindrical/square part that fits in its own recess.

OldLincoln
04-06-2011, 10:09 PM
OMG!!!! Not the Notch!! Don't feel bad, the notch question is a right of passage around here, kinda like crossing the equator at sea.

Bawanna
04-07-2011, 09:59 AM
What if the question is about Angels, or ankles, or the 3 reasons not to give up your guns?

Bill K
04-07-2011, 10:31 AM
I wonder why there isn't a FAQ on that Kahr page that addresses the "bulge"?

Ardbeg
04-08-2011, 02:21 PM
New rule: You cannot shoot your new KAHR nor post a question here unless you read the FAQ page...

http://www.kahr.com/faq.asp

Sign, date and have your signature notarized here ARDBEG__4/8/11 _______

I just ordered my first Kahr--a CM9 and I am glad I came here as I have found a bunch of great info already.

Bawanna
04-08-2011, 02:30 PM
New rule: You cannot shoot your new KAHR nor post a question here unless you read the FAQ page...

http://www.kahr.com/faq.asp

Sign, date and have your signature notarized here bawanna 4-8-11__

I had to have a little help with some of the big words but I think I got it.
I wrote in the margins "Shoot the little fokker like I stole it".

KyPilot
04-08-2011, 08:00 PM
My PM-9 has the BULGE but the right guide rail seems bent and the right side extends out farther than the left side. Is that part of the normal BULGE? I'd post a picture, but haven't figured out how to get it from my iPhone onto here.

Bill K
04-08-2011, 08:50 PM
My PM-9 has the BULGE but the right guide rail seems bent and the right side extends out farther than the left side. Is that part of the normal BULGE? I'd post a picture, but haven't figured out how to get it from my iPhone onto here.

My PM9 bulges a bit out more on the left than the right side but the rails appear straight and parallel to each other. Having a bent side rail is not something I've heard as being normal with the bulge.

Bill K.

jocko
04-09-2011, 06:46 AM

shoot the gun and stop worrying about it That front rail is a one peace unit, it will be parallel no matter what. It certainly isn't bent and I have not even seen it.

cgarcop
04-09-2011, 07:42 AM
The Notch !!

The Bulge !!

This thread is starting to sound like an episode of Seinfeld !!!

Where is "The Contest" ?

jocko
04-09-2011, 07:58 AM
oh and u forget the chip out of the cocking cam to!!!!

ripley16
04-09-2011, 01:39 PM
My P9 doesn't have the notch. Does that mean my P9 is "abnormal" or is it just me? :crazy:

:D

jocko
04-09-2011, 02:37 PM
I won't answer that!!!