PDA

View Full Version : pm 40 pretty sweet

pacific nw guy
11-29-2009, 09:21 PM
now that i have some rounds through it and I took a one on one training class I am even more impressed with this gun.

My first report I noted the first round was not loading but after my instructor demonstrated to me I was riding the slide the problem was solved, sorry kahr. bottom line is I turned into a internet complaint expert on a problem I was causing and I personally dont like people who do that:D

after some training and learning how to pull a trigger I was able to group my kahr at 15 yards pretty close to my xdm. I have not had a chance to try at 25 but my instructor who carries a kahr 45 thought it should be pretty close.

In my novice opinion i feel like i Hear the same complaints about these guns from everyone, then I made the same complaint. I wonder how many people are causing their issues like I was......

jocko
11-30-2009, 01:45 AM
now that i have some rounds through it and I took a one on one training class I am even more impressed with this gun.

My first report I noted the first round was not loading but after my instructor demonstrated to me I was riding the slide the problem was solved, sorry kahr. bottom line is I turned into a internet complaint expert on a problem I was causing and I personally dont like people who do that:D

after some training and learning how to pull a trigger I was able to group my kahr at 15 yards pretty close to my xdm. I have not had a chance to try at 25 but my instructor who carries a kahr 45 thought it should be pretty close.

In my novice opinion i feel like i Hear the same complaints about these guns from everyone, then I made the same complaint. I wonder how many people are causing their issues like I was......

the difference is that you admitted to doing it, some willnever admit to being the cause of the issue. Nice report, nice gun, now just shoot it like you stole it.. I would not really worry to much about 25 yards eithe.r your instructor should know that also. Your PM40 is a close up defense weappon. You should be doing most allyour pracrticing at 10 yards and under, certainly not 25 yards. Nice to be able to hit somethingat 25 yards but it wuld nto bother me one way or the other. I never practice at 25 yards. no threat at 25 yards IMO.

Raoul
11-30-2009, 04:55 AM
Good post. Glad to hear you determined what your "problem" was. I'd have to agree that we probably cause a large portion of our issues.
+1 on the PM40. While it's definitely a handful of small pistol, it's more accurate and easier to shoot than most of the smaller CC weapons I've fired. Especially at 25 yards.

kpm9
11-30-2009, 03:34 PM

kahr. bottom line is I turned into a internet complaint expert on a problem I was causing and I personally dont like people who do that:D

Well it's clear you need to grab yourself by the ear and take yourself out behind the wood shed. :D

Welcome and glad you got it sorted out.

wagon
11-30-2009, 04:59 PM
LOL ... did you ever "complain"? :eek:

You just made comment about 1st round not loaded, followed by a few members chimed in and helped with the trouble shoot. That is what a healthy forum supposed to be: we share the "issues" / "problems" with our guns, we seek help and input from others... many times those "issues" or "problems" could just well be "operator error"... then again there will be true issues which needs to go back to factory.

I don't believe there is a soul from this forum would ever took it as a "complaint".. try read some of those flaming posts in other forums from thosae trolls who love bashing Kahr whiel they may NOT even have owned a Kahr...

You know .. we don't only report positive news here .. otherwise, we are no better than the mass media of today. :9:

It's all good, Pacific NW guy! My PM9 goes bang everytime and very accurate.

<snip>