PDA

View Full Version : Joined the club (PM9)

JoshuaC
04-07-2011, 10:41 AM
Picked up my Kahr PM9 today. I absolutely love this little thing.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/49917/gunstuff/KahrPM9_01.JPG

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/49917/gunstuff/KahrPM9_02.JPG

It fits rather well in my large hands, the texturing is really grippy as well. I don't think I'll have much trouble shooting the thing.

Trigger is long, but smooth, and rather light. Not a fan of the reset, but it's not bad. The gun is definitely stiff. Takes a bit to rack the slide, but it's really not as bad as I thought it would be. This is my first stainless handgun, and I really like how slick everything is. The internals are smooth, well machined, and the feed ramp is polished to a mirror sheen.

I was worried about hearing that you need to always use the slide stop to chamber a round, but this one seems to do just fine racking overhand. Still gonna practice with it.

I am extremely happy with it. Feels Glock like, but not!

kahrseye
04-07-2011, 10:52 AM
Glad you're happy and welcome to the forum. I'm sure you're going to love it even more after you shoot it and carry it.

Bawanna
04-07-2011, 10:53 AM
Looks nice JoshuaC. The PM9 is really popular around here.

Visit the tech section and look over the proper prep thread and the lube thread. Some good helpful information in there to grease the skids.

Great little gun and your gonna like it more and more.

Let us know how she shoots.

jocko
04-07-2011, 11:01 AM
some people are good hand raclkers. kahrs can be hand racked with ease, once one learns the right way to do it and 300 + rounds down range and it will even be easier, as it just seems the gun smooths up even more. Nice gun, now shoot it like u stole it, do the pre prep. It seems to pay off. the \kahr lube chart is awesome.

Bawanna, how do u know it is a "SHE". could it be the bulge in the front part of the frame??? Just asking??

Bawanna
04-07-2011, 11:06 AM
some people are good hand raclkers. kahrs can be hand racked with ease, once one learns the right way to do it and 300 + rounds down range and it will even be easier, as it just seems the gun smooths up even more. Nice gun, now shoot it like u stole it, do the pre prep. It seems to pay off. the \kahr lube chart is awesome.

Bawanna, how do u know it is a "SHE". could it be the bulge in the front part of the frame??? Just asking??

Anything that you truely love but has the capability of aggravating you from time to time has to be a she. Trust me on this one.

JoshuaC
04-07-2011, 11:08 AM
Haha. I've got it oiled up, and I'm working on racking the slide 500 times. I'm also working on trigger pull, which with this gun is simply a pleasure.

Bawanna
04-07-2011, 11:14 AM
I'd not get to worked up about the 500 racks. A round down range is equal to about 5 hand racks on my unscientific scale. While the hand racking certainly wont hurt a thing and can only help I think it/he/she will run for ya.

I personally like to run them just a bit wet initially but weather this has any big impact is unproven. I got a feeling that this ones gonna just shoot till the cows come home, unless they get into the loco weed and don't remember where home is and that isn't Kahr's fault but we can still blame it on the gun.

jocko
04-07-2011, 11:48 AM
Anything that you truely love but has the capability of aggravating you from time to time has to be a she. Trust me on this one.

Bill K
04-07-2011, 12:41 PM
Welcome to Kahrtalk!

If your gun shoots half as good as the pictures you posted look then you're going to be well pleased.

Bill K.

Dietrich
04-07-2011, 03:10 PM
You`re going to love that PM9.I trust mine more than 99.9% of the people I know.It is a constant companion for me and unlike my wife`s nephew,it works.

TheTman
04-07-2011, 03:13 PM
Welcome to the forum Joshua!

Jeremiah/Az
04-07-2011, 03:32 PM
You're gonna love it! Mine comes off the nite stand & goes on me when I get up. It stays there 'til I go to bed. :D

Willieboy
04-07-2011, 05:49 PM
Congrats on your new gun Joshua. Thanks for the pics.

JoshuaC
04-07-2011, 05:49 PM
Took some pics of the whole handgun family.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/49917/gunstuff/PistolCollection_04-7-11_01.JPG
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/49917/gunstuff/PistolCollection_04-7-11_02.JPG

ApeWare
04-07-2011, 08:54 PM
Nice pics Josha! I too just picked up A PM9 but got mine used. Was able to compare it to a new one and there is a HUGE difference in the slide from new to "broken in" [read used]. The slide will get smoother with use. Congrats on your collection.