PDA

View Full Version : New K9 - Ejection Pattern

cobrasjp
12-01-2009, 07:29 AM
I'm new to this site and very glad I found it.
I've got an issue with a new K9 that I bought about 2 months ago. I've fired about 300 rounds so far with zero malfunctions and the accuracy is very good. I love the gun and it will be my primary carry gun.
My issue is with the ejection of the cases. They leave the gun and go straight up and back, usually into my forehead. If they miss my forehead, they go over my head. They don't go to the right at all. I have a P9 and a PM9 and neither of them do this. They both eject to the right.
Should I contact Kahr and see if they can tune the ejection pattern? I don't want to mess up the reliability of it, though.
Any thoughts?

Dietrich
12-01-2009, 11:16 AM
Hello Cobrasjp and welcome to the forum. I remember that there was a thread concerning a similar problem in the PM Series sub-forum.Its` title was "That shell hit me between the eyes again" and you can find it on page 5 of that sub-forum.It may shed some light on your situation.Also,there are a lot of knowledgeable people here who will weigh in with their advice soon.If all else fails,Kahr has a great customer service reputation and will be glad to help you.Good luck and good shooting.:)

HiCap
12-02-2009, 04:41 PM
Mine throws one out of five over my head and the rest out in front. Since I don't shoot all the same brand, it could be the ammo.

HiCap

jocko
12-03-2009, 11:57 AM
Mine throws one out of five over my head and the rest out in front. Since I don't shoot all the same brand, it could be the ammo.

HiCap

u might be right on the ammo thing...

jocko
12-03-2009, 12:00 PM
I'm new to this site and very glad I found it.
I've got an issue with a new K9 that I bought about 2 months ago. I've fired about 300 rounds so far with zero malfunctions and the accuracy is very good. I love the gun and it will be my primary carry gun.
My issue is with the ejection of the cases. They leave the gun and go straight up and back, usually into my forehead. If they miss my forehead, they go over my head. They don't go to the right at all. I have a P9 and a PM9 and neither of them do this. They both eject to the right.
Should I contact Kahr and see if they can tune the ejection pattern? I don't want to mess up the reliability of it, though.
Any thoughts?

go to gunsprings.com (wolffs gunsprings) ur k9 has 20# recoil springs in it. try the 22# and see if that changes the direction any. It should IMO.

cobrasjp
12-03-2009, 01:51 PM
Thanks for the input.

As far as ammo is concerned, I've tried WWB 115 gr. FMJ, Remington Golden Saber 124 gr. JHP, Speer Gold Dot 115 gr. JHP (none of it +P). The ejection pattern was the same for all of it. I'm thinking that might rule out ammo as the culprit.

The 22# recoil spring suggestion makes sense. I'll give a try before I contact Kahr.

cynergyou
12-04-2009, 07:04 PM
go to gunsprings.com (wolffs gunsprings) ur k9 has 20# recoil springs in it. try the 22# and see if that changes the direction any. It should IMO.

Jocko - thanks also for the suggestion. i occasionally get an empty casing at the forehead and would like to correct this problem if possible.