PDA

View Full Version : Any interest in a 10 round .45 mag for a Kahr?

TheTman
04-12-2011, 04:35 PM
I bought 3 Pro-Mag 10 round magazines for my Spingfield 1911 a few years ago. I've been trying them in my CW45, and they seem to work very well. They fit tight, lock in, and don't need any filing to let the slide close. (but I think I will take a tiny bit off the top anyway so it doesn't rub any, I think it is making a slight contact with the part of the slide that holds the strker assembly)
When hand cycling thru the mags, they feed well, and hold the slide open after the last round. The follower is shaped pretty close to the Kahr factory follower, so I'm hoping it will hold the slide open when actually firing the gun.
I sure wouldn't want that mag sticking out 2 1/4" out of the bottom of my CW45 when CC-ing, but I thought it might make a nice mag to keep in your extra mag holder. 10 rounds vs 6 or 7 might make a difference sometime, providing it proves reliable.
If anyone shows any interest in these, I'll post how the gun worked with them. If not, then I'll just shut up about it.
I was just thinking that having those 3 extra rounds might be handy some day. Plus I think they'd be nice at the range, with not having to reload as often. Maybe they'd end up being a range only item. Not sure until I see how they function.

I've been looking for some 7 round Officers sized ones for the flush fit thread, but haven't run across any.

jocko
04-12-2011, 05:33 PM
if we all shut up about new ideas and fixes, then only Bawanna would be still talking and we certainly don't want that crapola. Post away manski. Normally Pro mags don't do well in kahrs but also nevfer knew they made a 10 rounder for the 45's either.

That would surely make an illegal dance back across the border...

jlottmc
04-13-2011, 03:07 AM
I wouldn't mind trying it, but at the range primarily. I might carry a pair of them for reloads if they proved 100%, but with pro-mag, they come out of the box like triple k, in the negative numbers column. Maybe, some other mags, but like I said, I'll try em out pretty hard on the range first.

OldLincoln
04-13-2011, 10:59 AM
I had a pair of CMC 10 rounders for my Commander but that proved too heavy to carry in my mag pocket. That and they stuck out a bit.

TheTman
04-13-2011, 11:06 AM
Point to consider about them sticking out. They stick out 2 1/4 inches from the bottom of my CW45. Wouldn't use that as my CC mag, but as a 2nd mag.
Thanks Old Lincoln, jlottmc, and Jocko.

Well I loaded up a mag and put in my Blackhawk plastic mag holder, and the weight wasnt too bad, about like a double stack .9mm or .40, but it did have a tendancy to lean away from the body, printing pretty bad. Will have to find another way to carry, maybe in my back pocket, or in one of the accesory pockets of some carpenter jeans. It has a plastic sleeve around the mag, that is supposed to mate up with the grip on a 1911, so if you put it in your pocket upside down, it doesn't really look like a normal 1911 mag. Not sure what people would think it was. A different mag pouch might work, but not sure if they make one for that model of mag. I'll just use my back pocket for now, since my CC shirts cover up the pockets. Did get it filed down where it clears the slide ok. Still feeds ok. Ready for testing.