PDA

View Full Version : MK9 GAXXXX problems?

TheGreatGonzo
04-13-2011, 03:59 PM
I have a farily recently purchased MK9 with a GAXXXX serial number. I noticed a "WTB" post today that states the poster is looking for a MK9, but specifically does not want a GAXXXX gun. Are there some issues with this particular run of the MK9 that I need to be aware of? I did some research, but the only thing my Google-Fu came up with was that Kahr made a slight frame change after the GA guns and that their current wood and rubber grips won't fit the GS series guns. Any info would be apreciated?
Thanks,
Gonzo

Bawanna
04-13-2011, 04:52 PM
Thats the only thing different I could find also. The frame change so the current production grips don't fit.
The MK I have access to is a GA so I'm out of luck trying to make grips for the newer GC models.

You should have no issues or concerns with it at all.

TheGreatGonzo
04-13-2011, 05:08 PM
Thats the only thing different I could find also. The frame change so the current production grips don't fit.
The MK I have access to is a GA so I'm out of luck trying to make grips for the newer GC models.

You should have no issues or concerns with it at all.

Very good, thanks. I don't hate the factory grips, so I'm not too upset. However, if I were to look for options, were any wood grips ever made to fit the original frame?
Gonzo

Bawanna
04-13-2011, 05:16 PM
Very good, thanks. I don't hate the factory grips, so I'm not too upset. However, if I were to look for options, were any wood grips ever made to fit the original frame?
Gonzo

I don't have a good answer to that question, have to believe they made some but just don't know for sure, but if you ever want wood grips I can whittle you out some.

TheGreatGonzo
04-13-2011, 06:29 PM
I don't have a good answer to that question, have to believe they made some but just don't know for sure, but if you ever want wood grips I can whittle you out some.

Tempting indeed, sir. Can you give me an idea of a price/turnaround time for checkered grips? The photos of your work are beautiful!
Thanks,
Gonzo

Bawanna
04-13-2011, 09:20 PM
Tempting indeed, sir. Can you give me an idea of a price/turnaround time for checkered grips? The photos of your work are beautiful!
Thanks,
Gonzo

Take whatever you got, keep 20 for yourself and send me the rest.

Just kidding. Let me check with the guy that I borrow the gun from. The last set I made turned out really nice but didnt fit xrustyx's made over MK, broke my heart that did. The guy I borrow from likes the plastic grips. If he don't want mine it'll be quick and reasonable. If not it might be awhile. I got a ton of stuff to do fixing inside and out. Daughters getting married this summer and wife doesn't want us to look as poor as we really are.
But I'll get em if you want em, I surely will.

Bawanna
04-18-2011, 01:02 PM
Thanks,
Gonzo

Hey Gonzo, I sent ya a PM on these grips. Just want to make sure you check your messages. Took me awhile to figure out the mail system here.

TheGreatGonzo
04-18-2011, 02:58 PM
Hey Gonzo, I sent ya a PM on these grips. Just want to make sure you check your messages. Took me awhile to figure out the mail system here.

Roger, sir...I have responsed. :D

dusty78
04-21-2011, 04:18 PM
I got new production Hogue MK grips to fit a GA frame by using two different size screws for the top and bottom. Worked great