PDA

View Full Version : New Member with P9 Range Report

JeffBox
04-14-2011, 03:40 PM
Hey guys, just bought a new Kahr P9 and finally made a trip to the range today. A few days ago I discovered this place and read through some of the Kahr-Tech stickies (thanks for all the useful info!) and after cleaning it I decided to rack the slide a few hundred times. Not sure exactly how many times but somewhere between 400-500 I would guess. I did a quick re-cleaning and lube job and went shooting this morning. Here are the results:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/JeffBox/Kahr%20P9/KahrP9-1st100.jpg

This was the first 100 rounds through the gun shot at 10yds (115 gr. FMJ). I shot a total of 200 rounds of FMJ and then 20 rounds of 124 gr. +P Gold Dot HP ammo without a single problem whatsoever, none, it ran perfectly. The only minor complaint I have is the long trigger reset, but that was expected. I have a Little Bear Holster "X" on order and when it arrives this will immediately take over as my main CCW. Love this gun! :D

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/JeffBox/Kahr%20P9/KahrP9-1.jpg

crazymailman
04-14-2011, 04:53 PM
Nice shootin' & a fine looking weapon.

jocko
04-14-2011, 05:58 PM
IMO that is one of the nicest guns out there. I just love the all black dlc finish and if you have no intentions of pocket carrying the P9 has to be#1 IMO to carry... I don't even realize the trigger reset on my PM9, I have shot it so much that everything is just natural...You will adjust to that real fast...

Bawanna
04-14-2011, 06:07 PM
Gosh darn, make sure I do what you say if you ever get the drop on me. I'd save that target and tell everyone the second hundred all went thru the hole.
That's what I'd do for sure.

Nice shooting, and a keeper for sure.

jocko
04-14-2011, 06:13 PM
I have been know far and wide to have shot the finest one shot groups u will ever see. I can duplicate it every time to. amazing..

ripley16
04-14-2011, 06:51 PM
I have been know far and wide to have shot the finest one shot groups u will ever see. I can duplicate it every time to. amazing..

I'm such a bad shot... even my one shot groups measure 4"! :blushing:

The all black P9 is an awesome CCW. What sights are those? Enjoy that new pistol

rkirk
04-15-2011, 07:44 AM
Great looking pistol, welcome to the forum and congratulations on the the P9! I really like my CW9, but would love to have an all black P9. I have never shot as well as your target shows, what a great range session. A friend I shoot with has an all black PM9 and it disassembles and re-assembles with much greater ease than my CW9. I feel sure that black finish is some how self lubricating. You will never be sorry you bought this Kahr.

Shoot safe,

-- Richard

MW surveyor
04-15-2011, 09:24 AM
Good shooting and welcome to the forum.

ripley16 - Thanks for the chuckle this morning. That's good enough to go in a signature line! ;)

JeffBox
04-15-2011, 11:12 AM
Thanks guys, the target used for the 2nd 100 rounds didn't look quite as good....did a little rapid firing towards the end for fun. I actually went into the gun store looking for a regular P9 without the black slide and night sights but they didn't have one in stock. When I saw this gun I immediately knew my bank account was in trouble! The sights are Meprolight Tru-Dots I believe. I have a P380 also that I occasionally use for pocket carry but I was looking for an IWB carry gun and my G19 just isn't very comfortable/concealable in that role. Glad I decided to give the P9 a try! Oh and if you haven't tried the Hogue handall jr. grips, I highly recommend them...they make the Kahr grips a lot more comfy.

bigbob68
04-20-2011, 06:57 PM
Is the P9 worth the extra money vs the CW9? I have been looking at the 2 & can't make up my mind. I have a feeling I will get the P9 and a decent carry rig. I have a T9 and what another Kahr to go with it. I know the differences between the CW & the P and it seems that it comes down to $533 for the P9 & $375 for the CW9. I wish I could find different grips for my T9 & I would carry it over my Glock G19.

ripley16
04-20-2011, 08:20 PM
Is the P9 worth the extra money vs the CW9?

IMHO, the only really good reasons to choose the P9 over the CW9 is to get an all black carry gun with the sights you want. The P9 offers more choices in sights. I also prefer the polygonal barrel but that wouldn't be a game changer for me. Other than those items, the other differences between the two don't matter one whit to me.

My ideal CCW is the P9, black with Mepro Tru Dot sights.

My fun guns I'll take any way I can. My carry guns are the way I want them.

TheTman
04-20-2011, 08:32 PM
That's one nice looking gun there Jeffbox, and looks like she shoots as good as she looks. Great find! Don't ya just love it when something like that falls in your lap. Welcome to the Forum!