PDA

View Full Version : P380 Accidental magazine release during carry?

Mokumbear
04-17-2011, 07:26 AM
P380 only question...

I saw where this came up in the forum but can't find the post.

Has anyone had the magazine accidentally release while carrying?
If so, were you using pocket carry, IWB or???

I can see how the magazine release is a little vulnerable and that
my holsters do not protect it.

Just want to know what real experience has shown.

jocko
04-17-2011, 07:35 AM
I could see how it could happen. People bump magazine release all the time, just not on the P380. I have carried my PM9 in a desantis in my front pocket for over 4 years in tight jeans and a desantic cover the triger area and magazine release area to, I am surprised it has never released one time for they aren't as sturdy as some of the expensive leather pocket rigs that also cover that area,

kpm9
04-17-2011, 08:59 AM
Never happened and I carry both ways, IWB and Pocket

Cokeman
04-17-2011, 03:06 PM
I can barely release my mag with my thumb on purpose. I doubt it would happen accidentally.

jlottmc
04-17-2011, 03:11 PM
I've had a few other guns that have done that to me (my Llama is the worst) but usually, its because the holster hits just right. New Jersey had an agency or two that adopted the H&K P7, and there was a new SOP issued for some time. Went like release seatbelt, reseat magazine, and then get out of vehicle. It can and does happen, the trick is to notice before you need a second round and reseat the magazine.

Jimmers
04-20-2011, 08:53 PM
It happened to me once, but I think it was my fault for not pushing it in until I heard that last loud click. I always listen for it now, and it hasn't happened since. I pocket carry in a generic Blackhawk holster, or sometimes in an ankle holster.