PDA

View Full Version : What IWB holster for my new P9

berrmich
04-24-2011, 11:44 AM
This will be my first carry weapon, so I this will also be my first holster. I'm wanting something that hides well for summer clothes as well. I got a thin gun so I don't want a bulky holster obviously. I don't mind spending more for a good holster as well.

Any suggestions on where to start? Be nice to not have a long waiting period as well, but if need be then maybe a cheap option too while I wait for the better holster.

Thanks!!!

-Mike

Rotorflyr
04-24-2011, 12:19 PM
There are a lot of good choice for holsters, and what works for one person doesn't always work for the next.

For starters, I'd check out HighNoon Holsters, they stock a couple that are inexpensive but relatively good iwb holsters such as the Bare Asset and Mr.Softy (and their tuckable cousins, the Split Decision and Hidden Ally).

I'd also check out Fist-Inc, they make some well reviewed think kydex holsters at a fair price.

For hybrids (leather back, kydex shell) there are a number of makers such as crossbreed (who are over priced if you ask me) to kholster, oldfaithful, concealedtechnology and more.

For all leather, there's a huge number of them as well, just really depends on what you (think you) want.

Check out the Holster and Gear sub-forum and do some reading for reviews, opinions and even more options.

bonjorno2
04-24-2011, 12:41 PM
crossbreed holsters are nice, what kinda gun are you carrying?

nvm i see in your title p9.... i'd go with the mini tuck or micro clip and not look back!

kpm9
04-24-2011, 01:07 PM
Fist = non bulky, IWB kydex holsters. I use the for all my Kahrs.

sheepdog22
04-24-2011, 01:15 PM
I really like my Comp-Tac MTAC. It's very comfortable, slim, and has a wide variety of belt clips to choose from. They also ship extremely fast.

Cash.45
04-24-2011, 01:39 PM
berrmich, for an inexpensive, comfortable holster check out Remora. Very inexpensive, very comfortable, and the customer service can't be beat. And, since I know you'll ask...yes, they stay in place without a belt clip. My two cents.

http://www.remoraholsters.com/

Info (including reviews) can be found in this tread:

http://kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?t=5886

OldLincoln
04-24-2011, 01:44 PM
Your P9 will fit well into a Garrett Silent Thunder IWB. I have one for my PM9 and love it. One of my requirements was that it be a grab and go holster. That turned out to require a single clip as the duals took me too long. I can grab it and stuff it into place as I'm walking through the house. No excuse for leaving it at home.

Another requirement was to preserve the gun finish as long as possible. The ST is a thin Kydex with soft leather bound to the inside. A straight Kydex will show holster wear very quickly. The leather lined not nearly so. I've carried mine for a year and you have to really examine it to find any.

It wasn't a requirement when I bought mine, but customer service is unusually good - no terrific! Ron and Sheryl Garrett are good people and will make sure your holster is right for you or buy it back.

You can see pics and read about the Silent Thunder in this article at 1911.org (http://ezine.m1911.org/tucker2.htm).
Note it refers to the Silent Thunder as a Tucker product produced by Garrett. Garrett now manufactures and markets it under their brand.

Good luck to you and I hope you consider the ST.

dean1818
04-24-2011, 02:22 PM
Crossbreed IS the best choice IMHO

I carry a much heavier K9 and I forget I am carrying

500KV
04-24-2011, 02:31 PM
I'll second Cash.45's suggestion regarding the Remora holsters.

I've tried several others over the years, some good, some not, and the Remora is the best 25 bucks I've spent in a while.
You'll forget it's even there after a few day's carry.

colt61
04-24-2011, 02:55 PM
I found a new Milt Sparks VM2 PM9 on Gun Broker for $100.00 and forget all about carrying the damn thing.

berrmich
04-24-2011, 04:08 PM
Thanks for all the comments. It does give me a great place to start. I wish I had somewhere nearby that would actually have the holsters. Really hard to guess what will work for me looking at a picture on the internet. :)

-Mike

DAY
04-24-2011, 04:46 PM
I live in Florida. The Cell Pal and Crossbreed are my faves. Good for casual shorts and Ts and also for work where I wear a dress shirt and tie but rarely a jacket.

wales
04-24-2011, 08:12 PM
Be by the phone on May 1st and as soon as they open order a Milt Sparks VMII, but in the mean time get the $25 dollor holster because it is going to take 8 or 9 months before you get your VMII. That's how popular they are. If you don't like it, it is one of the few holster that you can sell in 1 day for more than you paid for it.