PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help w/ contact info for Kahr?

BuckeyeBlast
04-25-2011, 10:55 AM
Some of you may have saw my P380 thread where I had thought that my issue was resolved. Unfortunately, since I specifically expresses my concerns about paying for shipping on a defective firearm I had assumed that when Kahr responded with a Return Authorization that they were handling the shipping charges as that was my main area of concern. I was wrong.

Since that thread I've been in contact w/ both Jay and Joe Mayo, a supervisor there and have gotten nowhere but backwards.

Long story short (as it's not the topic of this thread):
I got my P380 and it had typical Kahr problems. Called Jay and explained the problem as I suspected it to be my slide stop lever, he said the lever was probably fine and sent me a slide stop spring. I replaced the slide stop spring and the problem continued. I adjusted my slide stop lever as I mentioned to Jay I would do as it fixed my PM9 issue. Problem was remedied temporarily, problem has resurfaced, Kahr not only refused to cover the shipping charges but also is telling me that I voided my warranty in it's entirety by trying to fix their defective product. Furthermore, Joe has blatantly lied to me by stating that they can not, and do not pay for inbound shipping for anyone purchasing their firearms. (yes, that is the short story)

So, I'm escalating this issue higher up as I'm frustrated w/ the non-reliable firearm, but that I can understand. Guns are machines, machines have problems. What I can't understand is not standing behind your product and such a poor and dismissive attitude towards your customers. A recent poll here showed appx 50% of the members having problems w/ their P380. I understand them not covering shipping from something going wrong and wearing out such as a spring or some type of wear item, but this is something that was defective from day one. From day one you have a defective firearm and don't return it because it's a "break-in" issue. You continue to "break it in" and the issue never goes away, then you try to fix your firearm that was defective from day one, and then they void the warranty. I'm at a loss and disappointed beyond belief.

Sorry I'm getting long winded. The point: Does anyone have any suggestions as to where to go next? Has anyone else ever dealt with this before?

I know MANY people have had great service w/ Kahr, but obviously this isn't the situation here. If anyone would like to see the emails and documentation, I can PM it to you but am not going to drag things though the online-mud any further here.

Thank you for any help.

Bawanna
04-25-2011, 11:16 AM
It's extremely doubtful I can do anything to help but send me them emails. I know this is beyond frustrating for you and want to see this end up with a happy ending.

I know that most manufacturers state they are not responsible for return shipping and those that do and Kahr has done this numerous times do it as a courtesy (as they should in my opinion).

I'm far more concerned with getting your gun fixed and running properly than supporting the mail service, UPS or Fed EX. We gotta get that thing running.

The only guy I've heard of that you don't mention is Eion (Pyrel?). I think he heads up the repair section. Jocko and others know more on that then me.

I'll see if I can fandangle a inside connection here. Were I you I'd write a very detailed description of all your guns issues, anything to help them diagnose and help get it running and send it. Explain as nicely as you can that you don't think it's right to pay to ship a defective gun. Might not help one bit but it certainly won't hurt either.

BuckeyeBlast
04-25-2011, 05:41 PM
It's extremely doubtful I can do anything to help but send me them emails. I know this is beyond frustrating for you and want to see this end up with a happy ending.

I know that most manufacturers state they are not responsible for return shipping and those that do and Kahr has done this numerous times do it as a courtesy (as they should in my opinion).

I'm far more concerned with getting your gun fixed and running properly than supporting the mail service, UPS or Fed EX. We gotta get that thing running.

The only guy I've heard of that you don't mention is Eion (Pyrel?). I think he heads up the repair section. Jocko and others know more on that then me.

I'll see if I can fandangle a inside connection here. Were I you I'd write a very detailed description of all your guns issues, anything to help them diagnose and help get it running and send it. Explain as nicely as you can that you don't think it's right to pay to ship a defective gun. Might not help one bit but it certainly won't hurt either.

You have an email and my gratitude, sir. :cool:

The thing is that I'm trying to do the right thing, by at least getting the gun working appropriately. I don't want to put a defective gun back into the used marketplace (and Kahr shouldn't want that either), but mainly I WANT the gun to work. I LOVE my PM9, although the truth is that the last couple of days I've started to fall out of love with it just based on the frustration w/ the Kahr company regarding my P380. Like I said, the gun not working I can understand... it's a machine. I can't understand the way they've handled the situation and then to be outright lied to by a customer service supervisor should not be acceptable to anyone. :(

Allen
05-01-2011, 11:00 PM
I've been considering purchasing my first Kahr, a CM9 if I could find one, but after what I'm reading on this Forum I'm beginning to re-consider my position. Sounds like it's a flip of the coin whether or not the gun works as it should right from the factory, and a real crap shoot if you can get any customer service from the factory if the gun turns out to be defective.

jocko
05-02-2011, 04:30 AM
I've been considering purchasing my first Kahr, a CM9 if I could find one, but after what I'm reading on this Forum I'm beginning to re-consider my position. Sounds like it's a flip of the coin whether or not the gun works as it should right from the factory, and a real crap shoot if you can get any customer service from the factory if the gun turns out to be defective.

The PM9 has very very few issues on this forum, the cw series has very few issues. The cm9 is NEW and of the half dozen or so on this forum, NONE have had a bad report NONE. What do u expect to find on a kahr forum, ALL POSITIVES. Go to any gun forum be a glock,ruger etc and your gonna get the same stuff. All guns can give issues, and when they arise it seems they make it on every gun format around. That is the way the internet works.

If ur wanting total reassurance your new gun purchase no matter what it is you buy is going to be flawless, then u have never been a gun owner, for you should know better than that. Kahrs guns are great stuff. Sure they put out some lemons to. They fix their lemosn, their service is normally less than a week. Ur gonna find some who are not happy with their service to, but we only hear the owners side, never kahrs either, so give kahr some slack here. Whether you buy a kahr or not is your choice, all we can do is welcome you to the forum and hope your gun is as good as most all are. This forum has helped many kahr owners with glitchs that are in home solveable, that is also what gun forums are for. It certainly isn't a crap shoot if you buy a kahr. They probably make 25 K a year of just the PM9 series and what issues do we see here,hardly any and certainly most solveable right here.,

U gotta make the decision not us but if your gonna base it on what you read all the time then you problably won't buy any gun. U have to also be able to sift the sand from the gold in many of these posts.

I hate to use Pains cw45 as an example of how things can go wrong, but he bought a used 45 kahr and had all kinds of issues with it and labeled it a POS. But his dealer and others took the gun out and zero issues, nadda, they filmed it even. It was shooter error, and more than likelly a unpreppped gun to. He acknowledged this to this forum and my hat is off to him for admitting he made a mistake, he has since shot it after a great cleaning job and it is perfect. Do you get my point here: Sometimes it is not the gun but the person behind it Pain could have never reported back to this fourm of his findings and just let us think that the 45 was indeed a POS but he manned up to what most would never do.

I will tell you this, ur not gonna get alot of time to think about buying a cm9 if u even see on in a show case. They are selling that fast.

Kinda funny the chief moderator over on the elsie pea forum just bought a cm9 and totally loves it to death. I have yet to read of one report of the cm9 being a POS, let alone giving any issues. Hell it is a twin to the PM9 which is totally proven. Make your decision based on good study, not just what I am telling you either but prove any of the above wrong and I will correct it to. I don't defned kahrs when they put out a bad gun, but I ain't gonna close their dooors because of it either. AMERICAN MADE by the way..

JimBianchi
05-02-2011, 09:28 AM
Allen,

No gun is perfect, but my MK9 has run like a champ for 3,000 rounds.

Kahr makes a fine firearm and I would venture to guess 99% are perfect and you will never hear a peep out of the owners. (even a $2K custom Les Baer 1911 occasionally has to go back to the factory.)

The other 1% are split between user error and genuine problems. They will get fixed, it just takes time.

Buckeyeblast,

Hang tough, try and be nice, and stay on them to fix this.

Remember, you will get farther with sugar than vinegar.

BuckeyeBlast
05-02-2011, 10:37 AM
Don't judge the CM9 off the P380. The P380 is the gun w/ problems, and while it may look a lot like their other guns, every part is different. My PM9 is great, I'd suspect the CM9 will be a great gun.

MW surveyor
05-02-2011, 10:51 AM
Hey! If you think getting ahold of Kahr is bad, just don't try and email Para Ord to ask them a question or try to join the Para users group!

TheTman
05-02-2011, 11:37 AM
Allen,
Like Jocko said, the forums are full of bad experiences and unhappy customers. The majority of people get a gun, have no problems with it and never post anything about it. But when we have problems we try and find help and end up in these forums, so of course you see a lot of negative things. There isn't a major gun company out there that doesn't let a lemon slip through now and then. I bought a new CW45, and it had some major problems. I sent it back to Kahr, they returned it exactly 7 days later and I've not had a problem with it since. I had no problems with customer service, and they immediately offered to pay for the shipping, as they should have since it was a brand new gun.
I will admit that the P380 does seem to have some problems, and the CW45's have been having more problems lately than normal. Some people seem to have better luck with customer service than others, but that happens with any company.

jocko
05-02-2011, 11:45 AM
Hey! If you think getting ahold of Kahr is bad, just don't try and email Para Ord to ask them a question or try to join the Para users group!

been there done that with my carry 9...:behindsofa:

MW surveyor
05-02-2011, 12:28 PM
I emailed them about 10 days ago and asked about how/where to buy the front sight that they put on the ESP version of the GI Expert. Still waiting for a reply. Guess I should try and call them?

Allen
05-02-2011, 04:46 PM
Never been a gun owner? I've owned guns since I was 10 years old back in the 40's. Guess I'm just expecting too much from quality control now a days. It seems the consenses from manufacturers is to just get the product out to the customer and if it works, fine, if not the customer can spend their time trying to get it fixed.

I'm quite well aware nothing is perfect these days but if their product fails the manufacturer should at least go out of their way to make it work as it should instead of causing the customer more frustration.

jocko
05-02-2011, 04:55 PM
CAN'T argue your point either, unfortunqalty today it does seem no only in the gun industry but many others to, THEYJUST DON'T CARE. Good examply.

I had a new audi 04 model, power window went out, riight side, under warranty, they repllaced it, two years later the same windown went out, warranty expired. Dealers said "yup wehave replace hundreds of these units, they are just cheap made. OK I said so is the one I am now paying for $450) an upgraded version . He said no exact same thing, no changes. what choice does a consumer have sometimes, sure buy another product, but no assurance the same window unit is not in that car either. maybenot a good comparison and doesn;t elp u any either . I realize that.

johnh
05-03-2011, 06:53 AM
One tip, calls are much better than emails if you are following up, with just about any vendor. Many gun companies have smaller staff's than one might think.

BuckeyeBlast
05-03-2011, 10:43 AM
One tip, calls are much better than emails if you are following up, with just about any vendor. Many gun companies have smaller staff's than one might think.

No doubt. I've called and emailed both. Just really disappointed with the way things have gone so far. I've been busy lately - family in town and youngest son baptized - but will be pushing this issue again soon and be doing it by phone. We'll see if things work out. :rolleyes:

jocko
05-03-2011, 10:52 AM

they put u on hold??? There is probably a bad time of the day to call kahr cs to..

bigbob68
05-03-2011, 11:07 AM
Jocko, is it possible to edit your posts so that I can read them? I know that I'm new here but I find it very difficult to read & understand your threads. Can you use spell check or something? This is not texting and I have a difficult time understanding what you're trying to say. Thanks.

jocko
05-03-2011, 11:57 AM
nope, sorry about that. the spell cchek was $25 more so I passed on it, Didn't think I needed it!!!!

Bawanna
05-03-2011, 12:18 PM
Jocko, is it possible to edit your posts so that I can read them? I know that I'm new here but I find it very difficult to read & understand your threads. Can you use spell check or something? This is not texting and I have a difficult time understanding what you're trying to say. Thanks.

Don't give up on it bigbob. If you read it long enough after awhile it kind of clicks and it's almost natural. Every once in awhile he says something very profound so it's well worth the effort.
I'll gladly assist you to start out and help interpret for awhile. I sometimes fix a couple things that I figure he wouldn't understand himself if he reread a post. Now that's magic.
It's kind of like reading officers writing, I often ask what it is they wrote and sometimes they can't even read their own.

jocko
05-03-2011, 12:58 PM
humm i DIDN'T KNOW YOU DID that bawanna, kinda like the CIA listening in on my phone, "what I don't know, won't hurt me????

Humm very interesting watson!!!!!

MW surveyor
05-03-2011, 01:30 PM
I wuz wondring aobut some off tose posts that i cud reed.

just joshing!

jocko
05-03-2011, 01:35 PM
heh, guys it ain't gonner bother me, truly, I try to do better but my fngers move faster than my brain. I hate to tell you this but when I graduated I graduated with a teaching degree in business education, WHICH MEANT ALSO TEACHING (DRUM ROLL PLEASE)

TYPEING

Bawanna
05-03-2011, 01:50 PM
My fingers and my mouth frequently outrun my brain by miles and miles.

Jocko, I'm kind of like CIA only on a much much smaller scale, (no tin foil hat needed) and I'm not nearly so sneaky. As you've previously mentioned you can always see my tire tracks outside the window.

PS- Love the new curtains.

bigbob68
05-03-2011, 02:39 PM
Lol, Thanks for the assistance. I will keep trying & enjoy the members here. Jock, no disrespect intended.

Back on topic.

MikeyKahr
05-03-2011, 02:51 PM
...I sometimes fix a couple things that I figure he wouldn't understand himself if he reread a post. Now that's magic.

jocko, I really was wondering about those times that you said nice things about Bawanna. :confused: Now it all makes perfect sense!

jocko
05-03-2011, 02:55 PM
Lol, Thanks for the assistance. I will keep trying & enjoy the members here. Jock, no disrespect intended.

Back on topic.

with that avitar, u can't saya enough to piss me off:roll:

jocko
05-03-2011, 02:56 PM
jocko, I really was wondering about those times that you said nice things about Bawanna. :confused: Now it all makes perfect sense!

got that right "jack":laser:

Bawanna
05-03-2011, 02:57 PM

Darn it Mikey, next to GB Greg your the second smartest man alive. Why didn't I think of this.

I did a spell check for Jocko (for free) couple of his post back and no one noticed.

I'm gonna forget this thought, it just wouldn't be ethical ya know. Beside if Jocko said nice stuff about me it'd be like him saying he voted for Obummer and just not believeable. I believe in Sasquatches and UFO's and brain scanning and Santa Claus, (the tooth fairy is a hoax) but somethings are beyond the wildest imagination you know.

Rainman48314
05-16-2011, 11:21 PM
heh, guys it ain't gonner bother me, truly, I try to do better but my fngers move faster than my brain. I hate to tell you this but when I graduated I graduated with a teaching degree in business education, WHICH MEANT ALSO TEACHING (DRUM ROLL PLEASE)

TYPEINGI find that I need to edit my posts nearly 90% of the time. Unless I feel I have something to add, even if it's a question, I won't post at all. When I do feel I have a contribution, I want it respected and that is why I respect our fellow members by fixing any errors, grammar or just plain typos.

Oh, FYI, TYPEING is incorrect. It's TYPING

BuckeyeBlast
05-17-2011, 04:41 AM
I wasn't going to post in this thread again, but since it got bumped for an off-topic reason, only fair to post the update that can be found in this thread: http://kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?t=6908

Hope my grammar is OK.

jocko
05-17-2011, 05:55 AM
I find that I need to edit my posts nearly 90% of the time. Unless I feel I have something to add, even if it's a question, I won't post at all. When I do feel I have a contribution, I want it respected and that is why I respect our fellow members by fixing any errors, grammar or just plain typos.

Oh, FYI, TYPEING is incorrect. It's TYPING

for u:hungry: