PDA

View Full Version : Mini-tuck vs. MTAC for KAHR CW9. Suggestions?

cudaKAHR
04-25-2011, 09:32 PM
So I've already order the mini tuck before I found the MTAC for my KAHR CW9. Do you think I made a mistake? Who carries what? And did I make a good choice? This will be my first CCW. Any help is appreciated.

bigbob68
04-26-2011, 11:29 AM
Geez, don't everyone respond at once. I have no idea if you made a mistake or not. Let us know how it works out for you. Many of CW9 owners here for sure.

OldLincoln
04-26-2011, 11:56 AM
I haven't owned either, but I've heard more about the mini-tuck than MTAC. Both are a lot of holster for such a small gun but if you are set on a dual clip holster the MiniTuck will be just fine. I'm convinced there isn't one perfect holster for all people, so you have to take a chance now and then. Chances are once you have it for a while you'll be convinced it's the right one for you. That's what I did and why I let people know it's out there.

If you are rethinking your overall decision and you can, just put it on hold or cancel. If not in production or not shipped they are used to it. Likely they would rather you get what you will be happiest with than have a return.

If you are still looking and willing to reconsider the dual clip take a look at this thread here: Silent Thunder (http://kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?t=6361) Also several other reviews in the holster forum, but I bet you've been there. I posted some additional info in the Silent Thunder thread I linked.

Dietrich
04-26-2011, 01:16 PM
I carry my PM9 in a minituck and have loved it since the first time I put it on.I have six handguns that I use for cc.I have five Crossbreed holsters.The only reason I don`t have six is that Crossbreed doesn`t make a holster for my six shot .357 snubbie.I think that just about says it all as far as my opinion goes.

OldLincoln
04-26-2011, 01:30 PM
Can't get a better endorsement than that! I hope it helps confirm your decision and you enjoy your new holster.

Mudinyeri
04-26-2011, 01:57 PM
I've owned the MiniTuck, SuperTuck and the MTAC. The MiniTuck will be a good holster for your CW. I didn't care for the Kydex on the MTAC. It crushed after the weapon was drawn and made reholstering difficult and dangerous.

melissa5
04-26-2011, 02:50 PM
I had an MTAC for my G26 and thought it was overkill for a small gun. Double that for the PM9. Plus, it was never comfortable to me.

gagnejs8
04-26-2011, 05:03 PM
I also carry a PM9 in a mini-tuck. Super comfortable!

BuckeyeBlast
04-26-2011, 05:35 PM
Yup, MiniTuck for a PM9 here too. Great combo - you did not make a mistake.

SmokingGun
04-26-2011, 05:56 PM
CB told me I should go with the SuperTuck for my CW9 if waist size is greater than 32" (wonder how they know"?"). Should have mine in a week or so - I'll post a review.

cudaKAHR
04-26-2011, 06:26 PM
thanks for the helpful responses. I think the mini tuck is going to work just fine. holding off on the MTAC for now. wishing I would have got the mich rosen w/out ct so i have a second holster for when i dont have the ct on, never used a laser sight before so im a little hesitant on how i will like it. once again thanks. these forums are amazing.

gagnejs8
04-26-2011, 06:56 PM
I have the CT as well. Its so small you dont even notice it there. Just make the decision before buying too many holsters!

cudaKAHR
04-26-2011, 07:27 PM
I have the CT as well. Its so small you dont even notice it there. Just make the decision before buying too many holsters!

Good advice! I've only bought two. Both for CT, let's hope I like it.. Haha

rnpollard
04-26-2011, 09:33 PM
http://kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?t=2176

http://s1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa467/TopsBlades/

I started making my own when I couldn't find what I wanted.

Take care,

Rick