PDA

View Full Version : New guy

JimBianchi
04-27-2011, 08:37 PM
Hello all.

I've had an MK9 for about 5+years, 3,000+ flawless rounds so far.

I love the little guy so mush I bought him a big brother, a slightly used SS K9, yesterday. After a half a dozen light-strikes I was convinced it was bad ammo, that is until the guide rod tried to fly out of the front of the gun.

I cleared the malfunction, it now will not dry fire about 50% of the time, so called and got an RO and I sent it to Kahr today.

My MK9 fired the dented primer-rounds with no issues, of course.

I have always loved the steel Kahr, man I hope this thing gets fixed.

Bawanna
04-27-2011, 08:41 PM
Welcome Jim? Not the Jim Bianchi I assume?

I have no doubt your K9 will come back cured. I'm perplexed how the guide rod would try to fly out the front, not much info to go on.
The striker not firings sounds like a trigger bar spring to me.

Let us know what you find out when you get her back.

JimBianchi
04-27-2011, 09:42 PM
I am "The Jim Bianchi", here in Vegas. And I own jimbianchi.com, which helps bring in little business once in a while.

There is a PR guy with my name in Chicago (he failed to pay his domain fee a few years ago and I bought when he missed the payment), there is a famous bodybuilder/photographer in NYC also.

I am a semi-well known photographer and conservative political activist here in Southern Nevada. 10yrs ago I was better known here as a writer, speaker and newspaper editor.

I am all over GLOCKTALK and freerepublic.com also, frequently.

jlottmc
04-30-2011, 07:48 AM
Bawanna I thought the guy you are thinking about was John Bianchi. A retired cop out of Kommiefornia, and settled in Nevada I thought.

MrToad
04-30-2011, 09:23 AM
Hello, Jim. Welcome to the forum. I certainly hope you get your K9 fixed to your satisfaction. An MK9 is on my "must have" list...I'm just a sucker for stainless steel pistols.

JimBianchi
05-01-2011, 09:26 AM
Hello, Jim. Welcome to the forum. I certainly hope you get your K9 fixed to your satisfaction. An MK9 is on my "must have" list...I'm just a sucker for stainless steel pistols.

Yep, next for me is a T9.

kahrseye
05-01-2011, 10:16 AM
Welcome Jim, sorry to hear about your problem, but I'm sure it will get fixed. I know how you feel about the MK9, I just love mine. I feel it's my "show piece".

TheTman
05-01-2011, 10:54 AM
Welcome to the forum Jim. Hope your gun gets a proper job done on it at the factory.