PDA

View Full Version : 3rd P380 Range Report

Cokeman
04-27-2011, 10:37 PM
I took the P380 and Henry out tonight. This was the first time out with the Henry. It worked perfectly, like I expected. I put its first 100 rounds through it. What a great gun.

I had 100 rounds through the P380 before tonight. On the first trip I shot 50 and had a stovepipe and 4 FRTBs. The first 25 were great and the problems occurred in the second 25 after the gun got dirty. The second trip was a repeat performance except that I only had 3 FRTBs and a stovepipe.

I cleaned the gun after each trip and then polished the chamber with a Dremel after the second trip. Tonight was my first 100% night. I shot 50 rounds and it worked perfectly. No stovepipes or FRTBs. I was happy as crap! I was able to make a cardboard ammo box dance all over the place at 20 yards.

I now need to figure out how to make it stop ejecting shells all over the place. I had two fly over my head and one try to go down my shirt. Some went to the left, some to the right, and a few went forward.

CJB
04-27-2011, 11:05 PM
That shell extraction pattern is a Kahr specialty, probably patented, and intended to daze and confuse the BG in self defense situations.....

Cokeman
04-27-2011, 11:10 PM
My Walther does the same. Must be copyright infringement. It's great at shooting shells down womens shirts.

MW surveyor
04-28-2011, 04:18 AM
If I could get any of my semi autos to eject the rounds in a consistant direction, I'd be happy.

Good to hear about a positive experience with the P380.

Bill K
04-28-2011, 05:48 AM
Well there just might be something to the idiom "Third times a charm.". Good for you!

Aha! Not only Ruger copied from Kel-Tec but now I learn that Kahr is also guilty. Why else would the P380 have exactly the same P3AT ejection [non] pattern? :)

Bill K.