PDA

View Full Version : Decision Point - CW45

Phooey
04-29-2011, 08:16 AM
When do you decide to send your CW45 back to Kahr? I have around 400 rounds with multiple FTF, FTE, brass-in-the-face etc (demon possesed?) and a recent trigger non-reset. Frustrating as all get out and makes me regret getting this somewhat but will it get better or just cut to the chase and send her back? I was just getting ready to purchase some night sights but I need to rely on this as a primary carry. Thanks for your collective wisdom, responses and advice! :ohmy:

edinero
04-29-2011, 08:42 AM
Send it back! My CW45 is there now awaiting return to my fertile hands!

jocko
04-29-2011, 08:54 AM
When do you decide to send your CW45 back to Kahr? I have around 400 rounds with multiple FTF, FTE, brass-in-the-face etc (demon possesed?) and a recent trigger non-reset. Frustrating as all get out and makes me regret getting this somewhat but will it get better or just cut to the chase and send her back? I was just getting ready to purchase some night sights but I need to rely on this as a primary carry. Thanks for your collective wisdom, responses and advice! :ohmy:

it back, call kahr and talk to jay or eion and ask them to send a prepaid on the gun to pick it up. state to them what is happeninbg, especialy the light strikes, that will get their attention for sure. Document everything so the kahr techs will know what to start Be polite and nice.

U have put well enough rounds through it, ur wasting rounds now.. IMO. If u bought it locally, maybe your dealer will do allt his for you even..

Phooey
04-29-2011, 09:23 AM
Here is the response from Jay at Kahr - said I was racking the slide incorrectly and it is all my fault! SO...that means a FTF at the 4th, 5th , FTE or trigger issues or ejection of brass in the face is because I didn't use the slide stop to bring the slide forward after loading the magazine into the magwell? Really?

Bill K
04-29-2011, 09:43 AM
Huh? Does not make sense to me. If it as you say then it would appear, to me, that either they didn't listen closely to your problem description or [I hate to think] you're being blown off. I'd follow their directions until the problem happens again, then call them back saying you followed their directions to the "T" and the problem still exists. They'll have to deal with it then.

I called Kahr with a premature slide lock problem when I finished my break-in and started testing/proving my preferred SD ammo. I was told not to use Black Hills ammo (124 +P) but I believed the issue had a different cause. Reading here on Kahrtalk about the same/similar issue by others I modified my slide release lever. Slide release mod, which took only 20 minutes or so to accomplish fixed the problem.

Good luck!

Bill K.

edinero
04-29-2011, 09:43 AM
Wow , so the slide and light strikes are your only issue?

edinero
04-29-2011, 09:44 AM
Also what your first 4 of your serial# SDxx?

Phooey
04-29-2011, 10:05 AM
also what your first 4 of your serial# sdxx?

sd89 * *

Phooey
04-29-2011, 10:07 AM
Wow , so the slide and light strikes are your only issue?

I could go on but WTH:mad: I think I may have called on a bad day

Phooey
04-29-2011, 10:11 AM
He did ask what type of ammo used, understandably, but was stumped when I said Remington 45 auto and WWB 45 only - he said "that's all?" so I am even more confused as to his response.

jocko
04-29-2011, 11:39 AM
Here is the response from Jay at Kahr - said I was racking the slide incorrectly and it is all my fault! SO...that means a FTF at the 4th, 5th , FTE or trigger issues or ejection of brass in the face is because I didn't use the slide stop to bring the slide forward after loading the magazine into the magwell? Really?

call him back and re EXPLAIN to him what is happening. If he doesn't get the message, go higher up. That to me is a piss poor reply on their paret UNLESS he did not understand u correctly, again be nice, let them be the a-holes ot u.

edinero
04-29-2011, 11:48 AM
ask him what your born on date is My serial# is SD97XX And was confirmed born March 2011

Phooey
04-29-2011, 11:59 AM
ask him what your born on date is My serial# is SD97XX And was confirmed born March 2011

So was there an issue with certain serial#'s and born on dates? A recall or issues that maybe would explain stuff? Sorry for the ignorance but this is a real first for me. Other handguns would gladly eat anything I fed them and would go bang. Evidently the Kahr CW45 is a little "particular" like my wife? Jeez, another flowers and candy thing :D

edinero
04-29-2011, 12:37 PM
Phooey,

Don't know I am just putting the dots together. My CW45 Is at Kahr now being repaired. So It could be a issue with that production line. I would look into it.

TheTman
04-29-2011, 03:04 PM
Wow, their response was totally unacceptable, he must have been having a bad day.
I'd do what Jocko suggests and call them back. If they pull that crap telling you that you are releasing the slide wrong, then ask them why it's happening on the 4th and 5th rounds.
Doesn't sound at all like the same guy I dealt with, I started right off the bat saying I was very upset and very disappointed in the gun. I don't see how the trigger not resetting is anyway related to not using the slide release.

Cornel
04-29-2011, 08:04 PM
If the slide lock/stop has come out off the frame it may stop the slide to return to battery and this may cause the striker not to go bang. The key word here was "may" so we'll see. My CW45 is also back to its birthplace, so now I'm waiting to see what they can do.

hollowpointt
04-29-2011, 08:34 PM
I called Kahr spoke with eion and was treated very rudely so I called back and spoke to his supervisor ( Melonie ) She was very nice and sent me a prepaid shipping order with Fed Ex. Try asking for her. Maybe they are over worked with all the crap they are selling these days.

2edgesword
04-29-2011, 10:25 PM
Wow! I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the firearm and the very poor customer service.

MERCTECH
04-30-2011, 07:56 AM
Ya Im sorry too, especially since I have a brand spanking new cw45 waiting to go to the range. I hope not to have problems but if I do Im glad to of found this place.