PDA

View Full Version : New PM9 Black Diamond on the way!

fitzgood
12-05-2009, 01:22 PM
Hello,

Kahr Noob here... I just picked one up online so it should ship on Monday and then be in "10 day jail" :(

If the PM9 earns itself a holster after breakin, it will replace my XD40 SC for carry some of the time. Anyone have an XD40 SC that can compare the kick to a PM9?

I was looking for a night site version but from the forums here, I have been thinking i might end up changing to the XS sights anyway.

jocko
12-05-2009, 04:39 PM
your PM9 will be a very very pleasant gun to shoot. I can't say one way or the other about the XD40 but any 40 cal is going to giv you more recoil than a 9mm. You can't go wrong with the xs sights either, just IMO don't expect the target accuracy that normal smaller sights can give you but also don't expect with the small sights the fast acquistion that the xs big dots are designed to do.
It is what it is a very close up and person defense gun that the more you shoot it the better you will get and the more you shoot it the smoother the gun will get. A win win proposition both ways.

Take your time with it, READ THE MANUAL, there are some MUST tips and recommendations in that that u should adhear to, especially from the start. I have over 25,000 rounds out of my PM9 and not one issue, and I truly love to shoot it better than any gun I own. It is my 24/7 pocket carry gun and I want to be as comfortable with it as I can possably be.

fitzgood
12-20-2009, 11:07 AM
So I can't pick my PM9 up yet but since I had it shipped to a dealer with an indoor range, I got to shoot it already. Plus, since the dealer is also a CCW instructor, I already qualified with it to put it on my permit:) Vital zone shots at 35 feet were easy at a good rate of fire. Not one flyer!

I already love it. I shot about 100 rounds half 124 gr gold dots and half Independent FMJ (I think they were 115gr). No FTF not one hiccup at all.

I was expecting more felt recoil from what I have read but I found the PM9 to be very easy to control and not harsh on my hands at all.

Now it is time to shop for holsters. I have a Crossbreed Supertuck for my XD40SC and it is comfortable so I was thinking about the minituck for the PM9 but I wonder if even that is more holster than needed for a gun this small and light. I am not trying to start a holster thread with this. I know there are other forums here for that. Just thinking out loud I guess...

Anyway, so far I am real glad I bought the Kahr. Thanks for all the good info here and for steering me to the PM9 :)

wyntrout
12-20-2009, 11:18 AM
fitzgood, I just saw one of those at the Gun Show yesterday. At first I thought it was a P380 that someone had gotten the slide darkened, but it was a PM9 with N/S. I was surprised by its compactness. If I had seen one of those first, I probably would have one now now and not be still waiting for a 2-tone P380 with N/S. Great looking gun! Enjoy it! I already have a MiniTuck waiting for my P380-to-be. Tomorrow is the LAST day of Fall, Kahr... <<hint.. hint>>:rolleyes:
Wynn

jocko
12-20-2009, 11:42 AM
I ordered my PM9 with the DLC finsih, had tow ait a couple of extra mopnths to get it back then but IMO it is worth it. a finish like glocks,, it will stay there..

fitzgood
12-20-2009, 01:00 PM
The guy I got mine from has another one in stock. He shipped mine the day he got my check and he was $140 less than they wanted for a regular two tone PM9 at a local gun store. $645 + $25 shipping I think it was. Plus, he is in OR so no sales tax. It does not have NS but I thought I might go for the XS sights anyway so I didn't care.

Great service and communication from this dealer. Everything was exactly as advertised. I had a sticky 6 round mag (would not drop completely out) that shipped with the Kahr and he is taking care of the replacement no questions asked.

I'm not sure what the rules are here about posting dealer contacts that are not sponsors so Let me know if you want his contact info. I will PM it to you.