PDA

View Full Version : CW Night Sights

mr surveyor
12-06-2009, 05:26 PM
I waiting to hear a user review of the new nightsights.

Ease of installation, aligning, POA/POI accuracy.....

anyone yet?????

fitzgood
12-06-2009, 05:52 PM
I have always heard that the CW doesn't take night sights. Is this a custom mod that someone is doing now? I am interested too:cool:

mr surveyor
12-06-2009, 05:57 PM
see this thread:

http://kahrtalk.com/p-cw-series-pistols/572-cw-night-sights-available.html

surv:)

fitzgood
12-06-2009, 11:48 PM
Cool. I wish I knew about that before. Nightsights option was one of the big reasons I decided on the PM9 over the CW9. Now I guess I will need to get em both:D

car
12-09-2009, 02:54 PM
Bump

I'd like to know also. Anyone purchase, install and able to give a review on the CW night sights?

Holidays are coming...;)

jocko
12-09-2009, 02:57 PM
Bump

I'd like to know also. Anyone purchase, install and able to give a review on the CW night sights?

Holidays are coming...;)

betterhave a sight pusher if they intend to get the factory back sight off the gun. The replacement night sights I am told are a breeze to install.:cheer2:

this set up should surelymake the CW series of guns even more desirable, IMO.. Be interesting to see if kahr offers night sight CW series as an option to, like the P, PM and K and MK series:7:

sharpetop
12-11-2009, 08:31 AM
After I found out on another thread that Kahr wanted $40 for the install, after paying $80 for the sights, I decided to wait a bit. I would think that XS Systems, Meprolight, MMC etc. would follow suit and come out with some CW series sights. My night sight purchases in the past have always included installation from the company from which they were purchased. I just think that $120 plus shipping is a bit much.

CG SHOOTER
12-12-2009, 04:16 PM
I just got my first Kahr (CW45) which is the perfect concealed carry gun except that it doesn't have night sights. I am interested in the new night sights but have a few reservations after hearing the package price of $120. Are there any other companies making night sights for the CW series? Another question for you long time Kahr shooters out there. What are the first parts that break after they have been shot a while? I am trying to get a spare parts kit togeather. Thanks for the advice!

"Slow is smooth, smooth is fast!":)

jocko
12-12-2009, 04:41 PM
I just got my first Kahr (CW45) which is the perfect concealed carry gun except that it doesn't have night sights. I am interested in the new night sights but have a few reservations after hearing the package price of $120. Are there any other companies making night sights for the CW series? Another question for you long time Kahr shooters out there. What are the first parts that break after they have been shot a while? I am trying to get a spare parts kit togeather. Thanks for the advice!

"Slow is smooth, smooth is fast!":)

what part will "break" first after alot of rounds, but for sure keep on hand extra recoils springs, and a few of the kahr recoil rods, or spend $26 bucks and buy the karh stainless steel recoil rod. Magazine springs are also good to keep around, buy them from wolffs gunsprings as they offer their replacements in the 5%:2eek: extra strength magazine spring. (by the way wolffs makes all of kahrs springs). have a couple of extra magazne followers around. a new striker spirng is good to keep around, although unless it would break, you won't ever wear it out, but they are cheap to buy and have around. Extractor, will never wear out or break. really not much on a khar to "break" IMO or even wear. recoil springs are a given though, have um around, replace when u feel it is time, which is different for every shooter...

jocko
12-12-2009, 04:48 PM
After I found out on another thread that Kahr wanted $40 for the install, after paying $80 for the sights, I decided to wait a bit. I would think that XS Systems, Meprolight, MMC etc. would follow suit and come out with some CW series sights. My night sight purchases in the past have always included installation from the company from which they were purchased. I just think that $120 plus shipping is a bit much.

say that I disagree with you either, but trust me on this KAHR SIGHTS are a real bugger to take off, Many of low priced sight pushers have failed. brass punchs don't even come close sometimes to even moving the sight. Some Smitty's don't have a good sight pusher, some don't even have a sight pusher. been reports of slides really messed up from local "smitty's work..
Karh can do it right and no doubt it ia higher than we all want to pay but you will never see a mark on your slide from their work, Not that a good smitty can't do it, that will be your call to make as only you know the work ability of your local smitty. I think companies like Xs will install their sights at a cost and it would be done correctly also. Don't try to save $20 and maybe end up regretting it. Your only gonna get this one set of sights, so think it over and do it right. You can just send in the slide to kahr also regular mail for under $5, so the cost is negligeable.

My preference in sights goes towards the XS big dot for reasons of that kahrs are close up self defense gun and the XS fits that bill perfectly for me. absolutely nothing wrong with the many night sights out on the market though...

CG SHOOTER
12-12-2009, 11:55 PM
Thanks for the heads up on the parts.... sounds like the Kahrs wear and tear is pretty much the same as any other pistol. I used to shoot a lot for work and we ran through quiet a few recoil springs and and locking blocks. Thanks again!

jocko
12-13-2009, 06:01 AM
Thanks for the heads up on the parts.... sounds like the Kahrs wear and tear is pretty much the same as any other pistol. I used to shoot a lot for work and we ran through quiet a few recoil springs and and locking blocks. Thanks again!

u referring to kahrs locking blocks (striker block, part #7). I just can't see how that peace can ever get any wear on it.

recoil springs are meant to be replaced. the striker block, well that is a new one on me..:confused:

chuck489
01-03-2010, 10:45 PM
I just ordered a set for my CW40. I will see if the rear will come off with a brass drift, if not I have access to a pusher. The front sight should come off with a pair of pliers. I will see how easy the Trijicons go on. Pictures to follow installation.

mr surveyor
01-03-2010, 11:25 PM
I considered the DIY thing, but having called the "mothership" and talking to Clayton, decided on the less risky investment of shipping my slide and having the sights installed in the "2 day window" by more responsible parties. Knowing just a tiny bit about various handguns and sight installation, I asked about a comparison bewteen the difficulty factor of Kahr sights vs Kimber sights. My local GS guys shudder at the request to install tritium sights on Kimber slides.... I was told that Kahr sights were fitted to a bit closer tolerances than "other manufacturers". Given the possibility of a local pistol smith breaking a gas tube, or marring the slide, and that Kahr has an unconditional guarantee that the slide will be returned with properly centered unbroken sights, and no installation marring of the slide, I think my slide will be in one of those little boxes provided by the US Postal Service in the coming days. The extra 40 bucks is worth the peace of mind to me.

Just my opinion:)

surv

Zippo Guy
01-07-2010, 09:04 PM
I just got my slide back from Kahr with the new night sights on it. Outstanding turnaround, even with Christmas and New Year's holidays. They look great and are as accurate as ever.

I want it done right the first time and don't want to risk an "injury" to my CW 9. Yes the cost is high and most haven't mentioned the $25 shipping cost to get the gun back from Kahr. All considered, I'd send it to Kahr every time.

jocko
01-08-2010, 02:16 AM
I considered the DIY thing, but having called the "mothership" and talking to Clayton, decided on the less risky investment of shipping my slide and having the sights installed in the "2 day window" by more responsible parties. Knowing just a tiny bit about various handguns and sight installation, I asked about a comparison bewteen the difficulty factor of Kahr sights vs Kimber sights. My local GS guys shudder at the request to install tritium sights on Kimber slides.... I was told that Kahr sights were fitted to a bit closer tolerances than "other manufacturers". Given the possibility of a local pistol smith breaking a gas tube, or marring the slide, and that Kahr has an unconditional guarantee that the slide will be returned with properly centered unbroken sights, and no installation marring of the slide, I think my slide will be in one of those little boxes provided by the US Postal Service in the coming days. The extra 40 bucks is worth the peace of mind to me.

Just my opinion:)

surv

did the right thing, not that one cannot get his sights installed locally by a good smitty but they also charge to and if they damage your sight, my bet they willnot stand behind it. kahr will. You both errored ont he side of caution and you willbe rewarded for it. IMO it is not like your doing this thing every other month either. One timein a few bucks maybe higher to get it done RIGHT and then your done with it. I have a good sight pusher but I stills ent my P380 slide in and let kahr put the xs sights on it, as my sight pusher as good as it is, just didn't fit up right with this small 380 slide either. Most all sight pushers are designed for the bigger slides and it was just not worth he gamble for me. Turn around time with kahr was fater than I ever dreamed even...:p

fitzgood
01-09-2010, 12:47 PM
To those that have range tested the XS sights...Do you think they are as accurate for bulls eye shooting or do you loose some fine tuning for the gain in fast target acquisition?

I have the stock sights on my PM9 and I am am seriously considering an upgrade. I find the white dot causes me to shoot high unless I really concentrate on ignoring the dot and line up the tops of the front and rear sights instead. I have 3 dot NS on my other carry pistol so I might stick with that setup instead of trying to retrain my mind for another sight picture.