PDA

View Full Version : Which Black Hills For PM9 SD?

Bill K
05-10-2011, 04:35 PM
So for years I've carried Black Hills (BH) 124 +p in my Glock 26. My PM9 is broken in and running reliably with the same ammo and it is what I'm currently carrying in my PM9. Thing is I also tried a 50 round box of BH 115 EXP (extra pressure); the PM9 liked it as well. The felt recoil between the two didn't seem all that different but I'm thinking that the shooting the 124 +P might be putting more wear and tare on the gun then necessary. The 115 EXPs could be more than sufficient for a 9mm SD round.

What do you think or recommend and why. Here are some stats that I'm assuming are out of a 4" barrel but not certain.

115 EXP 124 +P

MV 1150 1250
ME 363 430
Pen 10 14 (bare ballistic gelatin)
Expan ~.675 ~.670 (from memory, can't find my notes)

Thanks for your input
Bill K.

jocko
05-10-2011, 04:44 PM
kahrs can take +P ammo 24/7 IMO so that part wouldnever be a worry, besides how many people do you know that report they have 10,000 or 5000 or 2500 rounds of +P ammo through their guns. JUST TO COSTLY FOR PAPER PUNCHING IMO.

Bill K
05-10-2011, 04:49 PM
kahrs can take +P ammo 24/7 IMO so that part wouldnever be a worry, besides how many people do you know that report they have 10,000 or 5000 or 2500 rounds of +P ammo through their guns. JUST TO COSTLY FOR PAPER PUNCHING IMO.

Right Jocko, a range session for my carries, P3AT, Glock 26 and now PM9 is generally just the SD rounds in the chamber and primary mag followed by 50 rounds of ball ammo.

Bill K.

jocko
05-10-2011, 05:14 PM
I try at least during the shooting months to empty my carry magazine at least once a month and start with new defense ammo. I am not to picky anymore bout certain ammo's. I have a half dozen diferent brands that I have tesdted and know that work so when I find some somewhere on sale, I just buy it. ?right now I have corbor power ball in my PM9 with a box of 125 grain hp corbon and 124 gold dots sititng on the shelf waiting its turn Irecently bought a pak of 6 blazer silver tip ammo for my K9 in home gun, I sure would like to know more about that round other than hear say and corbon's write up. Just got a 6 pak of the same today for my J frame which is also my home gun. That ammo is so so expensive that I just dont' want to range test if It has the bullet design of powerball, so Ihave no doubt that it works but would like to know what shooters think of it..

Bill K
05-10-2011, 05:58 PM
I try at least during the shooting months to empty my carry magazine at least once a month and start with new defense ammo. I am not to picky anymore bout certain ammo's. I have a half dozen diferent brands that I have tesdted and know that work so when I find some somewhere on sale, I just buy it. ?right now I have corbor power ball in my PM9 with a box of 125 grain hp corbon and 124 gold dots sititng on the shelf waiting its turn Irecently bought a pak of 6 blazer silver tip ammo for my K9 in home gun, I sure would like to know more about that round other than hear say and corbon's write up. Just got a 6 pak of the same today for my J frame which is also my home gun. That ammo is so so expensive that I just dont' want to range test if It has the bullet design of powerball, so Ihave no doubt that it works but would like to know what shooters think of it..

Check these out... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v64BenZyAZY&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNqhB34UXeY

Now here is one for .45 that I know you'll get a kick out off... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KU5OdUYBS_A

Bill K.