PDA

View Full Version : Shoulder Holster

luka
12-08-2009, 05:41 AM
I used a Galco Lite Shoulder Holster, Had it on all evening and never noticed it, This will be my main Holster from Now on, easy conceal, there when and if needed, for me it is just better, don,t have to keep pulling my pants up. Anyone else use this Holster?:target:

bayoutrigger
12-08-2009, 06:34 AM
Glad you brought up the shoulder rig subject. I've been looking for a shoulder holster to carry my CW40. The Galco Executive model Galco holsters; Holsters; Gun holster, pistol holsters, western holsters, shoulder holsters, leather holster and Glock holsters (http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterPT3.asp?ProductID=325&CatalogID=2)
looks like the perfect holster for my needs but apparently does not come with a holster that will fit the CW40.

I also ran across a MODEL USH, USH-X holster made by Ken Null.
K.L. Null Holsters Home Page (http://klnullholsters.com/)

I'm looking for something simple.

MattTheKnife
12-08-2009, 08:16 AM
I use the Galco Lite and love it. I can even carry my Kahr under a polo shirt.

jocko
12-08-2009, 08:46 AM
have you ever seen the 5.11 lyrca holster T-shirt? It conceals any kahr with ease, must be worn under something though so not a fast drawy rig like maybe a shoulde rholster but very concealable and one doesn't even know he is carrying it. the pocket holsterson teh 5.11 tactical T-shirt is on each side also and padded on the inside where it wold make contact with the body. I war mine alot under aweat sirt. My PM9 just disappears in it..

bayoutrigger
12-08-2009, 12:03 PM
I use a smartcarry and have been very pleased. However, some days I would like to simply wear a holster under my suit coat to the office, take it off and then put it back on under suit coat later.

Sent an email to Galco customer service this morning and got the following quick response:

We do not offer an Executive Shoulder System for the Kahr CW40. If you want a shoulder system like the Executive Shoulder System for the CW40, you will want to select a S3H SHOULDER HOLSTER COMPONENT and HH4 HALF HARNESS W/BELT CLIP. It is the same basic system but in Premium Saddle Leather. If we can assist further please let us know.
Best Regards,
Tim Strong

I ordered the suggested components and will let you know how it works when they come in.

Parenthetically, I've tried a number of IWB and OWB holsters. I finally settled on the smartcarry for most of the time CC but for evenings out to dinner that sort of thing wear a OWB at 4 o'clock under sport coat.

If somebody could just invent the "perfect" CC holster! You think it's hard finding a "perfect" holster for a man, let me introduce you to my wife. She has her CC permit, the best defensive handgun training money can buy but cannot find an acceptable way to carry her firearm. But that's another story.

alnitak
12-15-2009, 07:54 AM
I also use the Glaco Lite for my PM9. I wear under a pull-over sweatshirt in the winter. Very comfortable, easy to drive a car, no retreival problems. It's defintely part of my holster choices, along with an IWB, OWB and several pocket holsters (e.g., molded kydex for dress pants, Nemesis for coat pocket, etc.).