PDA

View Full Version : New M1A1 on the way!

300WSM
05-15-2011, 08:15 AM
Hoping this one is a good one, I know the AO carbines have been hit or miss. Bud's Gun Shop had too good a deal to pass up.

Ordered some NIW Korean mags and look forward to breaking her in. Any tips on the Paratrooper model I should know about?

Embalmer
05-17-2011, 08:15 AM
I also hear they are hit or miss (almost the the thompsons). Advice, it works enjoy it. I have an early 1st contract inland m1a1that was "liberated" in its original type 1 configurationby a close fam friend in wwii. Had to get a repro stock as old dried out and cracked where rear stock pivot bolt is. Great attention getter at range.

TheTman
05-17-2011, 11:04 AM
God I'd love to have one of those M1A1's. That's the Springfield Armory version of the M14 right? BEAUTIFUL weapons!

Bawanna
05-17-2011, 11:10 AM
God I'd love to have one of those M1A1's. That's the Springfield Armory version of the M14 right? BEAUTIFUL weapons!

I think he's talking Carbine here thetmanski. I'm not totally up on the designations but the mention of the paratrooper version shouts carbine to me.

M1A is the civilian version of the M14. Springfield is a big player in that market.

jlottmc
05-17-2011, 11:18 AM
Add to the fact that Auto Ordinance doesn't have a version of the M14, and that last time I checked, Springfield is the only game in town for that rifle, you pretty much be narrowed down to an M1 carbine (30 carbine, not 308 (7.62x51mm)).

Embalmer
05-17-2011, 02:18 PM
Actually a few people make semi m14's. fulton armory, LRB enterprises, armscorp, SA.

he was talking m1a1 (carbine paratrooper) too many guns/vehicals with same designation number lol

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff186/maninblue1861/IMAG0082.jpg

Bawanna
05-17-2011, 02:21 PM
That's a real one there "Inland". I have a Quality Hardware and Machine. Not a paratrooper. Very clean and nice, right out of a duffle bag a few years back.

jlottmc
05-18-2011, 06:09 AM
How do some of those others (non SA m14 knock offs) run, both in price and quality? Bawanna I'm still trying to bankroll that one that you know of, but my truck needs a new clutch. This could take awhile.

Embalmer
05-18-2011, 08:05 AM
Fulton armory armscorp, and lrb are forged receivers just like originals. Sa is investment cast. Lrb is concidered best of the best as they use all usgi parts to make them. Down side is cost and wait time (2500 with 4 month waiting)

jlottmc
05-18-2011, 10:45 AM
As bad as I would like to get into one of those, that ain't gonna happen. SA runs 1200+ on the low side, I was thinking somewhere about half that. I am trying to come up with the funding to acquire that one that Bawanna can get for sale. Unfortunately, my truck needs a new clutch.
I know that inland is real pretty, and a nice addition to any battery. Have fun with that little guy.

300WSM
05-30-2011, 08:18 AM
Yup, it's the paratrooper carbine I got.

I also had an M1A (Springfield) that I regret selling.

The carbine is very nice, and shoots very straight. I like it very much and for $558 I don't regret it.

I will say that some of the gripes of the AO carbines seem to have been addressed. My front sight is tight with no looseness. The finish is nice and uniform and looks great. The stock and lug all fit great.

Like I said, no real complaints at this time. It's a very nice reproduction. Just need to put some more rounds downrange! :D

http://i52.tinypic.com/21jvvia.jpg