PDA

View Full Version : Another great range session with the PM40

Joe L
05-15-2011, 05:50 PM
I love this little gun. Kicks a little but accurate as it can be. I was able to shoot groups almost as tight at 25 yards with the little PM40 as I shot with my full size SIG P226. My buddy couldn't believe it. I'm going to try steel turkeys at 50 yards next weekend. What a blast, literally.
Joe

TucsonMTB
05-15-2011, 06:43 PM
Very cool! It's nice to see another .40 S&W enthusiast on the forum! :D

HadEmAll
05-16-2011, 05:10 PM
Yep, my PM40 has been perfect out of the box for close to 400 rounds. Amazing little pistol. It has changed my carry habits quite a bit.

I do carry a box of bandaids now in the truck for wrapping around the first joint of my right trigger finger when I'm going to shoot the PM40. The blister there never quite seems to heal, as lately I'm shooting one of 4 Kahrs, and they all get me in the same spot. If I took a month off from Kahrs, it would turn into a nice callus.

jocko
05-16-2011, 05:30 PM
get a pair of bicycle finger less riding gloves at wal mart for about $10. they have just enough palm padding in them to be comfortabe but not yet change your grip either Makes shooting that hand cannon alot more fun, course u could always send it to magna port and get it done right.

HadEmAll
05-16-2011, 05:51 PM
The fingerless part would defeat the purpose. It's only the the bottom side (while pulling the trigger) of the 1st joint of my trigger finger that the Kahr trigger guards get. Only on Kahrs for some reason. It's not the recoil per se. I'm sadistic enough to like that. Or might be masochistic.

jocko
05-16-2011, 06:30 PM
golf glove would take care of that for sure..

TucsonMTB
05-16-2011, 07:02 PM
I do carry a box of bandaids now in the truck for wrapping around the first joint of my right trigger finger when I'm going to shoot the PM40.
Yep! Mine healed pretty quickly after I started using the thicker fabric strips.

If band-aides weren't so effective, I might try smoothing off some of the texture on the inside of the trigger guard. :rolleyes:

HadEmAll
05-16-2011, 08:25 PM
If band-aides weren't so effective, I might try smoothing off some of the texture on the inside of the trigger guard. :rolleyes:

Exactly. Figure a box of 50 bandaids will cover you for 50 Kahr sessions.:)

Or the .357 LCR, which gets me the same place.

And, you've got bandaids with you, which you ought to have anyway.

About the time my blister becomes a callus, I'll get the P380 reliable and won't be shooting the Kahrs quite so much. I know the other 3 work right. I've been ignoring my other handguns, the Kahrs are so much fun to shoot.

Joe L
05-19-2011, 04:59 PM
Just got back from another short session with the PM40. No steel today, but I did shoot a few plates. Again, no problems at all with the little gun. I stopped by Academy and got some cushioned tennis racket tape to add to the grip, since I tore my slip on up. Great little gun.

This feels great. I don't know how long it will last, but it is worth a try.

http://joelynch.smugmug.com/photos/i-8GZt782/0/M/i-8GZt782-M.jpghttp://joelynch.smugmug.com/photos/i-DJHGQHx/0/M/i-DJHGQHx-M.jpg

Joe

Joe L
05-20-2011, 08:30 PM
Shot 50 rounds today. Had to trim the tape around the right side mag release plate. Tape was holding the flat side in, making it very difficult to release the mag. Other than that, the soft tape is really, really nice on the 0.40 cal PM40. Thing is much more comfortable to shoot now. http://joelynch.smugmug.com/photos/i-CtdbQCV/0/M/i-CtdbQCV-M.jpg

jlottmc
05-21-2011, 10:31 AM
Very cool! It's nice to see another .40 S&W enthusiast on the forum! :D

...I'm sadistic enough to like that. Or might be masochistic.

Guys, I love 40 too, just can't afford a PM40 (though I may sell my 740 slim as I can't get magazines for it, shame though, I like the gun, and refuse to have a $400+ paperweight). As for the other, I've been called that here and worse too. Good stuff, keep it up.

Joe L
05-22-2011, 08:26 PM
50 more rounds today with the PM40 with the grip tape and cutouts for the mag release as shown above. Everything worked fine and the tape definitely makes the gun more tolerable to shoot. I'll try this configuration for carry now.
Joe