PDA

View Full Version : CM9 1st Range report,WOW!!

nelly
05-18-2011, 11:23 AM
Hi all,Just got back from the range with my CM9.I just took it out of the box and put a couple of drops of weaponshield on the rails and passed a patch down the tube & loaded up.HOLY COW--NOT A SINGLE MALFUNCTION IN 100 rounds!!! That's what I was expecting based on the preliminary reports that I have been reading here and quite a difference from my P380 experience.50 rds of WWB 115 FMJ--25rds of 124 PMC FMJ and this is the real surprise 25 rds of CCI BLAZER 147 FMJ FLAT POINT ALUMINUM CASE all without a hiccup!!!I know Jocko will not be happy that I didn't do the Pre Prep,but I had to test it straight out of the box to satisfy my curiosity.This CM9 is a winner!! I will update as I continue the break-in..:)

jocko
05-18-2011, 11:37 AM
doesn't bother ol jocko one bit. glad it did what it is supposed to do. I have no doubt 95% will work out of the box, My prep thing is a do or do not thing. Indeed do go to the kahr lube chart sticky as it is a dandy.

the cm9 is just one hell of a gun,

TheTman
05-18-2011, 11:54 AM
Glad you had a good experience nelly!

ATF
05-18-2011, 01:12 PM
Hi all,Just got back from the range with my CM9.I just took it out of the box and put a couple of drops of weaponshield on the rails and passed a patch down the tube & loaded up.HOLY COW--NOT A SINGLE MALFUNCTION IN 100 rounds!!! That's what I was expecting based on the preliminary reports that I have been reading here and quite a difference from my P380 experience.50 rds of WWB 115 FMJ--25rds of 124 PMC FMJ and this is the real surprise 25 rds of CCI BLAZER 147 FMJ FLAT POINT ALUMINUM CASE all without a hiccup!!!I know Jocko will not be happy that I didn't do the Pre Prep,but I had to test it straight out of the box to satisfy my curiosity.This CM9 is a winner!! I will update as I continue the break-in..:)

What I like to hear!!:)

nelly
05-18-2011, 05:21 PM
I stopped at 100 rds because my thumb was going numb loading the one 6 rd mag I have.I was also getting a little bored because this gun functioned the way my G19 runs at an IDPA match (that would be "EXCELLENT).I left it in my range bag uncleaned until I finish my next 100rds.I'm feeling real confident with the CM9 and will give it the next 100 as is,with the same few drops on the rails and a soaked swab down the pipe to clean any residual crap that may be in there.I have a feeling that this gun will take all that you can give it & then some.BTW I only put up one target and chewed up the center after the first 25 rds,the rest of the session was dedicated to function only.I will re-post as the break-in continues...:)

jmcutting
05-19-2011, 11:00 AM
I too just bought a new CM9 and did the same thing took it straight out of the box shot 100 rounds of WWB. I had no problems at all it shot perfect and was more comfortable to shoot than I expected. I did buy 2 additional 7 round clips and those worked great as well. I agree loading these mags is a little less than to be desired so I ordered a speed loader today to help. Bought another 400 rounds last night and plan to shoot it again here soon.

I didn't find this forum until after I had shot it so didn't do the pre-prep that Jocko has here. Though I did go through all of that last night so hopefully it will just help it even more! This is my first Kahr and so far I am very pleased!

nelly
05-20-2011, 05:37 PM
Glad to hear you had a positive 1st shoot,so did I and I will be going back to the range next week to continue the break in,as I posted before, I did my 1st 100 without incident and put her away hot and wet.If this little gem performs the way I believe she will, I will be a happy camper!! Did you get your extra Mags from Kahr or elsewhere ? I need to get a couple,and that speed loader is a nifty gadget .I have had a bunch of plain Glock loaders for long time and they work great(really save your fingers when you are loading alot)