PDA

View Full Version : We have twins

Prowler
05-18-2011, 08:43 PM
1st I have to thank all of you for the informative posts, I have really learned a lot. My wife and I are now the proud parents of twins. I look forward continuing learning from you guys and gals. I have already followed Jocko's proper prep (the reason the black diamond looks dirty, already worked the slide easily 500 times) and followed the lube diagram to the very last step. Now we just have to find the time to shoot em like we stole em. So looking forward to getting in some range time! Again thank you to all for making our choice for guns so easy. A thank you also goes out to Wendy @ GT Distributors for helping deliver our kids.

http://i1191.photobucket.com/albums/z474/Flathunder/pm9.jpg

crazymailman
05-18-2011, 09:00 PM
Nice pair of kids. Hope they work as good as they look.

Kahr Carrying Infidel
05-18-2011, 09:27 PM
Congratulations! Ebony and Ivory. When do I get my cigar?

TucsonMTB
05-18-2011, 11:04 PM
Awesome! Brace yourself for the possibility that, once she becomes accustomed to the recoil and other operational stuff, your wife will probably out-shoot you in the accuracy department.

That's OK! She's on your side! :D

Congratulations! Welcome to the forum!

WilliamG
05-19-2011, 02:25 AM
Nice pics! How do you like the Hogue Jr with the Crimson Trace? Does it help much with the grip?

sig225
05-19-2011, 03:46 AM
I like the one on the left with the shiny forehead .... :D

jocko
05-19-2011, 05:22 AM
well Prowler, u certainly did them up right to. now just shoot um like u stole um, practice 7 yards and under, have fun doing it, don';t let the wife over due a shooting session as that is when strange things hapen . A shooter gets tired and doesn'tknow it. The 9's are pleasnt but you know your shooting a good cartridge to as the guns are sl light. take your time with um: both of u. I am fond of the one on the right.

MrToad
05-19-2011, 05:47 AM
Congratulations, Mr. & Mrs. Smith.;)

Prowler
05-19-2011, 07:15 AM
Nice pics! How do you like the Hogue Jr with the Crimson Trace? Does it help much with the grip?

They are actually Lonewolf Qwik Grips size#3. I havent fired my PM9 yet but do have them on another gun and really like em. They add additional grip that you just could not get with most guns factory grip and they make any gun more comfortable to shoot.

Prowler
05-19-2011, 07:23 AM
well Prowler, u certainly did them up right to. now just shoot um like u stole um, practice 7 yards and under, have fun doing it, don';t let the wife over due a shooting session as that is when strange things hapen . A shooter gets tired and doesn'tknow it. The 9's are pleasnt but you know your shooting a good cartridge to as the guns are sl light. take your time with um: both of u. I am fond of the one on the right.
Jocko as always, thanks for the words of wisdom. TucsonMTB I would be super proud when my wife can outshoot me, she is well on her way. Kahr Carrying Infidel I am currently having bullets airbrushed to look like cigars so I can pass em out to everyone ;)

Bawanna
05-19-2011, 09:20 AM
Babies are always so cute. I'd start an album. You'll look fondly at this time 20 or 30 years from now.
I'm kind of partial to the one with the shiney forehead too but I don't play favorites.
Great idea on the airbrushed bullets too. Hope you pass em out by hand and not down the tube. If it's the latter I'll pass, I'm trying to cut back.

melissa5
05-19-2011, 09:29 AM
Both are absolutely gorgeous! Welcome to Kahr Talk! :)

jocko
05-19-2011, 09:34 AM
the right pictured one is the prettiest!!! the left is the ugly baby, BURY IT.

Bawanna
05-19-2011, 09:36 AM
I can't believe he said that. I hope the poor child is not traumatized for life. :ohmy:

Prowler
05-19-2011, 09:39 AM
the right pictured one is the prettiest!!! the left is the ugly baby, BURY IT.
LMAO - I let the wife choose and she agrees with you Jocko. This is the 1st time she got to choose her favorite, with the others 3 kids she tells them that she loves them all equally.

Scimmia
05-19-2011, 09:46 AM
Let's see, one black child and one white child. Are you CERTAIN they're both yours?

Prowler
05-19-2011, 09:49 AM
Let's see, one black child and one white child. Are you CERTAIN they're both yours?
Oh Im sure alright, I have the warranty cards and sales receipts to prove it too :P You do realize they are adopted, if my wife could have given birth to em I would have a lot more of em around lol

jocko
05-19-2011, 09:50 AM
sorry bawanna, remember I voted for Obama!!!!

Bawanna
05-19-2011, 10:17 AM
And now we're all sorry!

So Prowler, I'm assuming the shiney foreheaded one is your have of the pair. Since your wife thinks it's ugly?

I still stand by my feeling that you got the nicer one.

WilliamG
05-19-2011, 12:33 PM
They are actually Lonewolf Qwik Grips size#3. I havent fired my PM9 yet but do have them on another gun and really like em. They add additional grip that you just could not get with most guns factory grip and they make any gun more comfortable to shoot.

Ah yes, Lonewolf. I wondered how the Crimson Trace grip interacts with it, since I assume the Qwik Grips go under it. Might need a trim to get the CT more flush?

Prowler
05-19-2011, 12:46 PM
WilliamG the Crimson Trace went right over the Qwik Grip with no trimming at all. Fit like they were designed to work together. You are correct Bawanna I got the kid with the shiny forehead. I didnt really care which one I got cause I know I will still be shooting both of em and liked them both equally (spoken like a true dad)

TheTman
05-19-2011, 02:08 PM
Prowler, congratulatioins on the Twins, I prefer to think of them as a blonde and a brunette and they are both beautiful.

myname
05-20-2011, 06:51 PM
Congrats on your twins, they both look great !!!!