PDA

View Full Version : Bid on a CM9

PaiN
05-21-2011, 10:23 AM
I traded the PM45(for those that remember, it is messing up for the second owner now....that's another story) for a Ruger LCR .38+P, which my wife promptly claimed :( That's alright I can't shoot a revolver worth beans anyway...
The only other choices I can see at this point for concealed carry are a G26 or CM9, the size of the CM9(and price) wins me. I put a bid in on one this morning, which will end this weekend, if I don't win the auction then I'm going to likely just "buy it now" on one, since the CM9 seems pretty much MIA here in CT.

Wingedsig
05-21-2011, 06:23 PM
Ok here goes my first post on the Kahr forum and I'm not even an owner yet. Yup, I've been lurking and studying and after much waiting, took the plunge. I ordered up a CM9 two days ago, thought I'd wait until it was in hand before jumping in, but had to weigh in. Pain, I'm also a CT resident and also kept waiting for a lgs to stock the CM9, no luck. I called NGE and they are having one shipped in from a TX distributor, $430. If no luck at the auction, have one ordered in, just what the doctor ordered.

gkstemple
05-21-2011, 06:55 PM
Welcome to the forum & best of luck with your new CM9's. Please do yourself a big favor and check out the Sticky about the proper clean, lube and prep for a new Kahr. Get a couple hundred rounds of (relatively) cheap practice ammo and see how they do at the range before trying an assortment of carry rounds to see which you and the CM9 both like.

Please keep us posted on how they shoot.

Gary

Chowser
05-21-2011, 08:11 PM
Good luck with your bid! I will not bid against you. ;)

I was debating between a Glock 26 or a Kahr CM9.

I ended up ordering a CM9 from my Sgt. and ordered a Glock 19 gen4 from our L.E. dealer. Both are not in stock, let's see who gets here first. My Sgt. said his distributor was a month backordered on the Kahr and our L.E. dealer said Glock is Glock, whenever they get to it, they get to it (when I ordered a Glock 33, it took over six months).

Here's hoping they both don't show up at the same time or my wife is going to be wondering what I spent $800 on again (last month it was a wakizashi to match my katana).

I find that if I spread my weapon purchases out, she doesn't really care, she usually sees what I spend and spends at least 1.5 times as much to make a point.

Whatever.

---
oh, I forgot to mention, most manufacturers are really behind. Back during the SHOT Show, we ordered seven Kimber Solos and we were just told that we got our order in early and we should see them in December!!!!!

PaiN
05-21-2011, 10:26 PM
Pain, I'm also a CT resident and also kept waiting for a lgs to stock the CM9, no luck. I called NGE and they are having one shipped in from a TX distributor, $430. If no luck at the auction, have one ordered in, just what the doctor ordered.
Welcome to the forum Winged...You'll be glad you joined :)
I called NGE before bidding to see if they had any CM9s, one was in but on hold for pickup today(Saturday):(. They told me to call Sunday morning and if it hadn't been picked up I could purchase it.....I wasn't putting too much faith in that deal, so I bid on the GB gun. We'll see, so far I have not been out bid. I'm not going any higher then where I'm bid...I figured on a local OTC price of ~$430(and I was on target) after taxes you'll get out the door at $455. If I win at my bid price after shipping & FFL fees mine will cost ~$465, that's as high as I'm going.

PaiN
05-22-2011, 06:10 AM
Good luck with your bid! I will not bid against you. ;)
thanks Chow......but there are few CM9s on GB up for grabs, there should be enough to go around :D

14 hours to go and I'm still on top.....

CharlieW
05-22-2011, 10:08 PM
I read on another forum that Bud's had CM9's, so I put one on order -- we'll see if they are really in stock. Good Luck on your acquisition!

PaiN
05-23-2011, 03:39 AM
:( I got out bid at the last second.....
On to plan B

FCastle88
05-23-2011, 05:32 AM
Buds has them in stock for $419 shipped, better deal than what I've seen on gunbroker.

Flintlock
05-23-2011, 07:05 AM
I bought my CM9 from Bud's Police Supply on May 9 for $389 with free shipping and no tax. I just happened to be checking their website when they posted them. I called immediately and they had 9 in stock. I called my FFL then called Buds to place my order and got the last one. They are getting them in stock regularly but they go very quickly. The price on their regular website was $419 with free shipping at that time.